#21 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:14 AM

View PostAlec Braca, on 13 July 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

And that is why when the clans come to your door, you'll end up like the rest of us :D

Clans have rolled every IS faction in the game, odds are that as one of the less numerous factions we'll also get rolled by ghost dropping clanners. Until they get here i'll be stomping Davions and will feel no guilt when the Clan turret-hunters arrive

#22 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:18 AM

P.S. the additional 10 tons like in last CW round may change many players view on CW

#23 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

Hello house marik, we seem to have gotten lose on our way to Terra

Bird vs Bird warfare anyone???

#24 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:54 PM

Its not about planets. Its about pride. Defending your faction and proving too the others that yes we are strong. You come to play in our backyard and you get a fight. Why do you think Jade Falcon, Wolf, Kurita, and FRR fight so hard? It wasnt over dots. We had that when we fought at Wazan against the Davions. All it would take would be one 12 man of dedicated players to bring the faction back. Look at Kurita. They were on lifesupport and came back with the help of NS and NKVA. Making excuses like "I dont want to fight clans" is BS. You fight clan mechs in group and solo. Shouldnt be a problem in CW. We had bad callers who made the game unfun by insisting on two and three light drop decks and gen rushing till omega was on lifesupport or ghostdropping a planet. I left because of this crap. Nobody wanted to play us after that and the people who did knew how to counter these tactics. Now with ghostdropping and gen rushes nerfed its a standup fight. I know there are pilots in Marik that can take on anyone one on one. All it would take would be for those pilots to get together and drop again. We always wanted an avenue to the clans and now its here nobody wants to drop. Doesnt make any sense whatsoever. All you get is cbills in group and solo. You can get that in CW and defend your faction and more important get respect.

#25 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostHeart of Storm, on 14 July 2015 - 02:14 AM, said:

Clans have rolled every IS faction in the game, odds are that as one of the less numerous factions we'll also get rolled by ghost dropping clanners. Until they get here i'll be stomping Davions and will feel no guilt when the Clan turret-hunters arrive

I can tell you this as someone who has been Jade Falcon and Wolf for the last month that there are not many ghost drops happening. Maybe a half dozen or so in the time ive spent with them. Lots of pug stomps where the call goes out for solos to defend and you get a skittles team defending.

#26 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:08 PM

Please allow me to refer everyone to this post here by one of our top field commanders, Grizzly Viking, who has left the game indefinitely. His opinion is prevalent within House Marik at this time, and so organizing any kind of sustained defense against the Wolves and Falcons right now in CW 2 is very unlikely, not until major changes are implemented in the game that gives Southern house loyalists some better incentives to invest more time with CW.

http://mwomercs.com/...lay-cw-anymore/

So have at it Clans!

In the meantime, I will be immigrating to the Magistracy of Canopus for some good old fashioned hedonism.

#27 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:14 PM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 14 July 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

Its not about planets. Its about pride.

Not good enough. The damage was done during Tukayyid and the map reset. Most of the old Marik pilots have moved on to other games and probably won't be coming back.

#28 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 14 July 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

Look at Kurita. They were on lifesupport and came back with the help of NS and NKVA.

Two merc groups whose bad behavior and trolling only accelerated the exodus of Marik pilots from the game. Consequences and all that.

#29 Macc_

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDeimos

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

Unforeseen or otherwise..

#30 Nicc Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNuevo León

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:05 PM

There is one idea I have about the House Marik, most of players choose a faction because they think is strong, because is a big space they control, being a FWL Player makes me want to see the Faction strong and big, like the House Davion, in a game the most basic and important thing is show the Faction strength, I would like to see the FWL old days and in the end saying “I play this game because I like, I play this game because My faction is strong and I have never feel stronger, in The FWL I can be a legend”

Posted Image

Let’s just play for fun and make House Marik strong again, Clan wolf and Jade falcon are taking planets of the FWL that’s reason enough for me to play, to attack and invade Clan space, this is the opportunity for an aggressive expansion for the FWL. Let’s Show all the other factions what we can do.

#31 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:28 PM

View PostHeart of Storm, on 14 July 2015 - 02:14 AM, said:

Then I hope that you will be able to turn the Clans around Liao and in the process, you might get back many of your former worlds from them.

Edited by Alec Braca, 14 July 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#32 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:16 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 14 July 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

Please allow me to refer everyone to this post here by one of our top field commanders, Grizzly Viking, who has left the game indefinitely. His opinion is prevalent within House Marik at this time, and so organizing any kind of sustained defense against the Wolves and Falcons right now in CW 2 is very unlikely, not until major changes are implemented in the game that gives Southern house loyalists some better incentives to invest more time with CW.

http://mwomercs.com/...lay-cw-anymore/

So have at it Clans!

In the meantime, I will be immigrating to the Magistracy of Canopus for some good old fashioned hedonism.

Most of the things hes complaining about have changed. You now have attack lanes too not one but two of the largest factions in game. The potential is there to regrow the faction. Yes, the rewards are low but I think that will be addressed before long. As for ghostdropping I take a different view. When ghostdropping was faster did the Davions show up to fight? Nope. Did the Steiners? Nope. Not even the Kuritans would at times. If a faction wants fights they will show up regardless of how fast a planet is being ghostdropped. FCs should learn to move on looking for fights even if they are of a defensive nature on the clan front. The fun factor of your pilots is more important than some worthless planet.

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 14 July 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

Two merc groups whose bad behavior and trolling only accelerated the exodus of Marik pilots from the game. Consequences and all that.

They were loyalist units at the time. However you feel about them they worked together to revitalize that faction. Thats why I used them as an example.

#33 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:47 AM

Most of the things hes complaining about have changed. You now have attack lanes too not one but two of the largest factions in game.

Perhaps, but it's too little, too late. Most of the veteran Marik pilots are gone and won't be coming back, and there is little chance of regrowing the faction right now, not until Beta development is over and maps are no longer reset.

The fun factor of your pilots is more important than some worthless planet.

And that's the point, after the first big battles in December and January, CW stopped being fun. And then Tukayyid and the map reset happened, and out went most of Marik's old timers, who felt they had better things to do.

Edited by Joshua McEvedy, 15 July 2015 - 02:47 AM.

#34 rook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:50 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 15 July 2015 - 02:47 AM, said:

Perhaps, but it's too little, too late. Most of the veteran Marik pilots are gone and won't be coming back, and there is little chance of regrowing the faction right now, not until Beta development is over and maps are no longer reset.

And that's the point, after the first big battles in December and January, CW stopped being fun. And then Tukayyid and the map reset happened, and out went most of Marik's old timers, who felt they had better things to do.

Josh speaks the truth. It's not even that our players don't want to play CW, it's that there not even playing MWO. The 20~30 guys on the TS, playing at the late night NA hours (when I play) is down to about 3~5.

#35 Alex Reed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:39 PM

Nicc,

Good dropping mechs with you tonight. Nice to see some activity back in House Marik.

Hope to see you in the queue again soon.

Alex...

#36 Nicc Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNuevo León

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

The FWL is taking too much damage now from Clan Jade Falcon this is the list of the planets that the FWL need to take back:

Miaplacidus, Alphard, Acubens, Conaught, Bordon, Thalitha, Dieudonne, Van Diemen, Wasat, Berenson, New Hope, Alkes, Kalidasa, Rochelle, Uhuru, Irian and Solaris.

Posted Image

Let’s defend our territories, our planets, let’s build Our Faction strong again. I have to give thanks to all the brave FWL mechwarriors that right now are fighting for the planets lost. Let’s continue on this war and let’s raise up the Name of House Marik and the FWL as one of the strongest factions in the game.

#37 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:34 AM

The Templars have joined House Marik on a 7-Day contract (around 4 days remaining) and we have enjoyed the opportunity to queue some matches with Free Worlds League loyalists.

We will be sure to use Faction Chat to let you know where we're queued if there are spots open to fill the drop.

/Salute

Regards,

Xann

Edited by Xannatharr, 20 July 2015 - 10:35 AM.

#38 MrMarkusCZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

I read many interesting opinions in the Grizzly's "WHY I RARELY PLAY CW ANYMORE" thread, here and yesterday on Outreach HPG (Where are all the Mariks at). I often say Mariks are my homeland and I really feel something. I played many battles for Mariks in CW and almost burned out in the Battle of Tukayid. We from 313th staff made many motivation campaigns for our unit players when something interesting occured in CW BETA 1. It was always hard to prevail some guys to go CW but in the end they found something attractive for them there too. Now we are on the Tour de Factions and we fight simply for mech bays during this boring CW phase. I fight without any relation/interest to these other factions (with exception of Rasalhague). And I missing Mariks more and more. So I am sure I definitely have Mariks in my heart. I hope gamemasters will help boost loyalists position in factions but that is only one of many kinds how to do it. I'm sure there are many players with similar feelings and with pride to be Mariks.

#39 MrMarkusCZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:52 AM

And just a few hours later I took a think. It was quick and clear thinking. I separated my dropship immediately from our unit's Newgrange-class yardship and headed for home. At enough range I sent message to my unit with explanation. I will leave Kuritas space in three days B)

Edited by MrMarkusCZ, 21 July 2015 - 11:16 AM.

#40 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:13 PM

Oh wow, looking at that map reminds me so much of the time when a whole lot of the Marik leadership tried to declare war against Kurita under the justification that Marik were better suited to defending Terra. Sure made us regret taking down the 'wormhole'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users