• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 13 July 2015 - 05:53 AM, said:

News flash. No one in Marik has given a f*** since March. They arent about to start.

Exactly... i dont feel like waiting ages for a drop only for the map reset whenever paul feels like it...

#42 MrMarkusCZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:42 AM

CW was beta and still is. We had great battles and nobody can doubt the success of Mariks in planetary war. Let's concentrate our efforts on fighting practice now. Anywhere. Improve our individual skills and mech builds solo. Improve our teamwork skills in group queue with our teammates on TeamSpeak. We all need regularly fighting practice. I don't see sense to waste time in CW now with exception of training. But be ready to fight hard in CW later when it will be needed.

#43 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:19 AM

View PostPerfectDuck, on 21 July 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Oh wow, looking at that map reminds me so much of the time when a whole lot of the Marik leadership tried to declare war against Kurita under the justification that Marik were better suited to defending Terra. Sure made us regret taking down the 'wormhole'.

Hey now, it was the bad behavior of NS and NKVA that made Marik players leave and this a prime example of it, remember? They were just victims of our ruthless trolls and it had nothing to do with loudmouths starting wars and trying to talk up Marik teams way past their own abilities.

#44 IlKhan Prepaid Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:32 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 14 July 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

Two merc groups whose bad behavior and trolling only accelerated the exodus of Marik pilots from the game. Consequences and all that.

Every time I think about the hordes of insanely bad players that have been driven away from CW I get a little sad. Then I remember steam launch is on the horizon

Edited by Prepaid Lenin, 23 July 2015 - 04:32 AM.

#45 VATER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEYE OF TERROR

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostMycrus, on 22 July 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

Exactly... i dont feel like waiting ages for a drop only for the map reset whenever paul feels like it...

But...but....Paul says it is OK !!!

#46 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:36 AM

The Eagle Is Come
You Are To Die Marik? La?
Shi Sho Le Ra Tane.

#47 Nicc Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNuevo León

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:48 PM

In these days the thing we have to do is fightback we have lost so much we have fight but is not enough... the real threat is the Clan Jade Falcon, they have put all they effort to conquest lots of planets of the I.S.

we have see the power of the Clans, they are tearing apart the IS, The Free Rasalhague Republic, Draconis Combine, The Lyran Commonwealth, bee the most affected,

I call again to union and I call the FWL Mechwarriors out there to stop this threat and Rise again this great house.

Posted Image

You can see it by yourself, Marik is lost but we can take it back... and we will take it back.

LETS US ALL UNITE!

I found this little story, Hope you like it
:
The Free Worlds Parliament shall make no law to regulate or control the form of government maintained or adopted by a member province and shall not interfere in the affairs of provincial governments, except as they touch upon or interfere with that collective security and harmony of the Free Worlds League. - The Document of Incorporation

A friend of mine who'd had one too many bottles of imported Timbiqui Dark in a smoky bar on Atreus once described the Free Worlds League as "the boiling pot of the Inner Sphere." He was looking for the phrase "melting pot," often used to describe the United States on old Terra. I think he got it right the first time. (In beer is truth, to mangle another famous quotation.)
For most of its history, the Free Worlds League has been at or close to a full boil, with no one knowing for sure when it might boil over. My uncle, Thomas Marik, is the first Captain-General to tame all the furious energy of the League's many different pieces, the first to make that energy work for us instead of against us. Quite an accomplishment for old Janos Marik's youngest boy, once so far from the League throne that they sent him off to ComStar. Just goes to prove that the universe is full of surprises.

We're a well-off bunch now, which helps quite a bit. It's harder to resent your neighbor for being different-or the central government for existing-when you've got plenty of food on the table, a solid roof over your head, decent schooling for your kids and the prospect of a fortune to be made. Even the folks not looking to make a bundle are better paid now than they've ever been, busy filling the demand for 'Mechs and weapons and tanks and armor and all manner of militarily useful items. Other things, too. Poor little Rasalhague buys food from us that it used to produce on worlds taken by the Clans. The Lyran Alliance lost a huge chunk of its manufacturing base in the Clan War; now it pays the League to make half a hundred things the Lyrans can't anymore. The Capellans are buying everything from timber to paving stones to the ingredients for concrete, all going to rebuild their "new" St. Ives Commonality. The last time we had this much money was the heyday of the first Star League, more than three hundred years ago. Some people are even comparing today's good times to the founding years of the Free Worlds League, when determination and a little luck could turn scraps of cash into a fortune overnight. (Or when you could lose your last shirt-but then, as now, no one likes to think about the losers.)

Atreus-where I go to play the court game, but only when I have to-is the perfect symbol of the boom times. Not too many decades ago, it was a wilderness backwater with a big capital city for the League central government. Nobles and other rich folks vacationed here, mostly at palatial estates. If you wanted to hunt giant bourneki for their auburn pelts, fish in clear mountain streams or just commune with unspoiled Nature, Atreus was the place. But then the boom got rolling, and a lot of people sold their real estate to big military contractors. A dozen years into the economic expansion, you can't throw a rock without hitting a 'Mech factory. The bournekis' forests have pretty much been cleared, the mountain streams either choked with runoff or harnessed to provide power. I find I miss them, even though I welcome the prosperity that took their place. Materially, there's no question the local people are better off. The whole League is better off. But I can't help wondering what we might have lost in the process, that we won't even know is gone until it's too late to get it back.

And then there's Sadurni, where my unit has been sitting since 3047. I started there as a captain in the Second Legionnaires BattleMech regiment, fresh out of military school and itching for action. Now I'm the unit's commanding officer, and we still haven't seen much. Sadurni is that kind of place. You'd hardly guess the League fought three wars with the Capellan Confederation over Sadurni and its sister planets in the Duchy of Andurien. The only tip-offs to that ancient history are the big Asian populations-with the Chinese coming second to the Indians-and occasional pro-Liao demonstrations invariably attended by less than a hundred people. (The leading rabble-rouser always seems to speak the local dialect like he learned it off a language tape, and you can tell just by listening that his heart's not in it.)

More recent political history is closer to the surface. There may not be many pro-Liaoists anymore, but notions of independence have a long history in this part of space. My guess is the natives of Andurien got tired of being fought over and figured they'd do better without any Great House sticking its fat nose in their business. Not many Anduriens feel like leaving nowadays, with the League doing so well. But there are those who mutter about it in the corners of the old Humphreys ducal palace (renamed an unassuming "Government House" since the death of old Duchess Catherine Humphreys after the Andurien Crisis of the 3030s). That's why the Second is here-to remind ambitious politicians who's in charge. I think we've done that job well, and I find I don't grudge being so far from the center of things. I tried politics once when I was young and stupid, and didn't much care for the outcome. So I do my work here-on this world two hops from the Confederation and the Periphery-and when we're not chasing off pirates, I get to know the place. So far, I've found the best Indian restaurant in known space, learned how to cook Korean delicacies from a wizened old woman in a town called Little Seoul, and swum in the River Narmada (which the natives of the southern continent sometimes call a goddess, and swear by for bringing you your true love). Life is slow-paced, easy, well adapted to the rhythm of days with a three-hour hot spell in the middle and a cool twilight that lasts half of forever. The nouveau riche of Atreus would hate it.

I love it. Nobody's stinking rich here, but there aren't many dirt-poor people, either. The cities are mostly small towns, where everyone knows everyone else and no one gets left by the wayside. The Second fits in well here, barring the occasional "Mariks go home" scrawled in red paint across a sun-baked wall of yellowish local stone. Of course, I can't deny a certain affection for Atreus as well-even in its new incarnation, with self-made bourgeois in snappy suits clogging the streets and invading the best watering holes. I know Atreus's capital city best, and the influx of new money hasn't changed it much. Made it a little busier, maybe-but the capital always did have a liveliness all its own.

In some ways, Atreus is the face of the new League: brimming with energy and drive, crammed with hopefuls eager to make their mark in a nation buoyed by new unity and strength. And Sadurni is the old League, still with us beneath the boom times-going its own way, leaving its neighbors alone as it wants to be left alone. The greatest achievement of Thomas Marik's Free Worlds League is that it has room enough for both.
- Colonel Corinne Marik
Commanding Officer, Second Free Worlds Legionnaires

#48 grayson marik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:25 PM

well, you could try innerspherears.eu if you can manage CET drops... my unit does both, so we dont get burned out by one of them...

#49 Nicc Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 62 posts
  • LocationNuevo León

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

FWL Mechwarriors, the times is Now. This Clan invasion has gone too far, yes we fight but is not enough, we must not just defend we must go to attack mode,

here I have a list of Planets that the FWL can, must, and will take back:

JHURU, SOLARIS, ROCHELLE, KALIDASA, ALKES, NEW HOPE, REMULAC, ADHAFERA, MARIK AVELLANEDA, ABADAN, HOLT, HAMILTON, BERNARDO, IRIAN, DIEUDONNE, BORDON, CONNAUGHT, ACUBENS, NATHAN, ALPHARD, MIAPLACIDUS, BERENSON,WASAT, VAN DIEMEN IV, THALITHA, CASTOR, DEVIL'S ROCK, POLLUX, CARVER V, TERRA FIRMA, NANKING, OUTREACH, CAPOLLA, HSIEN, ELGIN, HALL.

Posted Image

time is now not just for take back some lost planets, but also to expand the FWL space and make a display of strength in the Inner sphere.

#50 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:18 PM

I like your enthusiasm,

#51 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:11 AM

It's fun watching the enthusiasm. The Lyrans, Raselhague and the Dracs have been through this already for too long. Good luck Marik, Liao and Davion. Enjoy the front being on your doorsteps.

#52 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

No one left manning the front to even notice them knocking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users