Auto-Logout Just Cost Me Hours Of Work

27 replies to this topic

#21 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:33 PM

I may have been mistaken... I have been logged out in under 6 hours now.

I will at some point dig up the archived thread from over a year ago that discusses the issue. However its clear to me something did change. ;)

#22 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:52 PM

Just an exmaple here. I logged in at 9:40 AM local and then had to log in again just now at 9:51 AM (around 10 minutes later).

#23 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

On android default browser my current login session survived overnight... still logged in. There is something odd happening for sure.

#24 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

It's not just here, but in general on forums I'll copy my content before posting if I spent any time writing it -- just in case. Habit learned after much swearing!

#25 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:51 PM

What post would possibly warrant "hours" of work?

If it's that long, why not type it in something like Word where you can actually see everything you're typing, run a spell checker, etc. Then save it. Once assured it's in good condition, copy and paste into MWO forums.

EZ-PZ.

Admittedly, they shouldn't have the auto-log-out timer, but it's not like the consequences are unavoidable.

#26 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

View PostNight Thastus, on 19 August 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

What post would possibly warrant "hours" of work?

If it's that long, why not type it in something like Word where you can actually see everything you're typing, run a spell checker, etc. Then save it. Once assured it's in good condition, copy and paste into MWO forums.

EZ-PZ.

Admittedly, they shouldn't have the auto-log-out timer, but it's not like the consequences are unavoidable.

been ages since I used other browsers, but in Chrome you can expand the text box as large as you want it to be to see your text and it has built-in spellcheck. Plus, when you're doing a longwinded post, you often incorporate bbcode, and it's easier to handle in the post editor, generally.

#27 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:38 AM

sometimes I find myself logged out within 15 minutes of logging in, others I can turn the PC on after 24+ hours of my last use of the forums and find myself straight in, logout does seem random.

If you type out a post and nothing happens when you hit post just open your profile in a new tab, it will prompt you to log back in, then you just hit post again and it goes straight through

#28 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:44 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 20 August 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

If you type out a post and nothing happens when you hit post just open your profile in a new tab, it will prompt you to log back in, then you just hit post again and it goes straight through

Welcome to the "it only seems to happen to us" club? I also get this same thing, where if I'm not logged in and I hit post, it wont post. Then, if I refresh the site in another page (AKA: Open profile in a separate tab/window) I can log in and then go back and hit post. No lost work.

Many people here seem to hit post and find different results. Not sure whats happening that's different between what we are doing and what they are doing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users