#1 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:01 PM

[URL=http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/hmp_goose/media/icon_annoyed.gif.html]Posted Image

#2 Lordred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:06 PM

Always type out TL;DRs in word or notepad. Make all necessary grammar and spell checks, then preview message in forums if you use any img tags. Come now Goose, you know this!

#3 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:31 PM

[URL=http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/hmp_goose/media/fast1-headbang.gif.html]Posted Image[/url]

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:52 PM

PGI FIX THIS. Auto logout timer is ... dumb. Very dumb. People have been complaining about this since 2013. See duplicate threads:

http://mwomercs.com/...um-auto-logout/
http://mwomercs.com/...22-auto-logout/
http://mwomercs.com/...o-logouteleven/
http://mwomercs.com/...-off-every-day/
http://mwomercs.com/...-re-logging-in/
http://mwomercs.com/...of-the-website/

Posted Image

#5 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:36 PM

View PostTarogato, on 12 July 2015 - 11:52 PM, said:

That's because PGI simply doesn't .... . ....

#6 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

"because f*ck those people who pay cash for digital robots and care enough to use the forums and try to make it better!" - PGI probably

#7 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:17 AM

Dont you get it? PGI are only interrested in Facegram and Instabook. The time out is set up for this menality. Anything over 130 characters is automatically TL:DR.

#8 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:11 PM

Auto log out? I thought the auto log out was only when you log in from a different device. If I log in to with my mobile, I can close and log back in through the day. When I get home I have to log in on my PC and it will log me out if I go to my mobile.

#9 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:17 PM

Sometimes it logs me out on my desktop but only if I haven't been active for awhile. If I'm gonna type something long I always just open another window and periodically click on my profile or a random thread.

#10 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:47 PM

Funny. I'm on Firefox, and if I've become logged out (which does seem to happen at the most annoying times) and I press the "post" button, I'll get a "Saving post" kinda response, and then it will revert to the "post" button upon realizing that I'm no longer logged in.

Could it just be your browser? Because I never lose any posts due to being logged out...

#11 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:38 AM

office exists for these kind of reasons

#12 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostTesunie, on 23 July 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

Funny. I'm on Firefox, and if I've become logged out (which does seem to happen at the most annoying times) and I press the "post" button, I'll get a "Saving post" kinda response, and then it will revert to the "post" button upon realizing that I'm no longer logged in.

Could it just be your browser? Because I never lose any posts due to being logged out...

I am running Chrome, and the same thing as you described has happened to me before.

Therefore, I am tempted to believe it probably is browser-related. *puts on monocle* It only seems logical.

#13 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:05 PM

View PostTesunie, on 23 July 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

And i use Firefox and have lost at least 25 post since i started cruising these forums. Makes me be short in my response because of fear of getting logged out. If i get to long winded it will be for naught....

Also tried it with Chrome and had the same issue....Lends me to believe it's THEM and not ME but what the hell do i know.

#14 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:11 PM

this forum engine is very buggy

i personally long ago got a habit to select all + copy when i write a large text, this forum isn't the only glitchy one, or sometimes i use either notepad browser extension (doesn't need manual saving) or even notepad++

View PostNaduk, on 24 July 2015 - 02:38 AM, said:

office exists for these kind of reasons

to use office for that stuff it's like to kill a sparow with a flamethrower

#15 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 24 July 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

And i use Firefox and have lost at least 25 post since i started cruising these forums. Makes me be short in my response because of fear of getting logged out. If i get to long winded it will be for naught....

Also tried it with Chrome and had the same issue....Lends me to believe it's THEM and not ME but what the hell do i know.

Don't know. Just saying I've never had this problem myself on these forums. At least not yet. Don't ask me what's different then between our setups.

#16 Kyrie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

There is one global login for important stuff on the website as well as the forum, so as a security measure they put in a 24-hour expiration on the login cookie. It used to be a lot less than 24 hours a while ago, it was extended to 24 hours as a compromise between security and ease of use.

#17 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:42 PM

View PostKyrie, on 26 July 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

There is one global login for important stuff on the website as well as the forum, so as a security measure they put in a 24-hour expiration on the login cookie. It used to be a lot less than 24 hours a while ago, it was extended to 24 hours as a compromise between security and ease of use.

Umm... this thread is becauas ethere is no 24 hour limit. People are getting logged off multiple times per day at seemingly random times. This is also happening to me and it is not because I am not active on the forums for X amount of time, as this happens while switching between 2 threads, or while writing a post (Hence the OP loosing a long text due to being logged off).

#18 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostKyrie, on 26 July 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

1) There is no 24-hour expiration cookie (and if there is, it doesn't work). As this very thread shows, people are being kicked out randomly.

2) There is no security problem ...
In case somebody comes to my "home" computer, what could he see and what could he do?
Check my stats and see that I am horrible with Assault 'Mechs?
Or buy me some MechWarrior Credits from "his" credit card? Not that I would complain ...
You can notice that he would have no way how to spend or transfer MCs "from" my account.
Post a few random nonsenses on the forum? That's about the worst what could happen.

I really think that PGI should give people the choice how they wish to be logged in.

Edited by martian, 27 July 2015 - 08:55 AM.

#19 Kyrie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:54 AM

In my case I have noticed that my cookies are persisting for many hours, at least 12... what I related previously was my recollection of the history of the login issue, and in that I was trying to point out how things had been changed.

If the current system has indeed changed again then perhapd it can be clarified further by PGI. :)

Edited by Kyrie, 27 July 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#20 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:25 AM

Nope, As far as I can tell, this has been a persistent since the closed Beta.

What browser are you using, and are you logged in on multiple computers (home and/or work and/or mobile at the same time for example)?

I get this with Chrome, Firefox and Safari (Havent tried Opera via Apple yet though). It also does not seem to make a difference if Im logged in at home and at work at the same time, or if only logged in on one computer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users