Which Mech Jumps For Me?

7 replies to this topic

#1 J I N

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:54 AM

Hi,
I came back for the Clans and tried the Kitfox, Hellbringer and Warhawk up to now.
In general I never tried a mech over 65t except for the Warhawk and I don't feel like any assault would suit me well. I want to be mobile with the option for some "hit and run" and my ability to take sidetorsos is quite good. ;) Most of the time I am able to get a good shot and avoid the worst damage. I'm kind of a support player to take out the dangerous weapons on an Atlas or something like that and then I move on to next target. (my Raven 3L with double PPC was so much fun in the good old days ;) )

Up to now I mastered Spider, Jenner, Raven, Cents, Kintaro, Shadow Hawk, Blackjack, Catapult, Jagermech and the 3 clan mechs as a free to play user.
I feel like I'm missing a mech with jumpjets that works in the actual meta... getting stuck on so many maps is very frustrating as you might know. ^^
My basic idea is to master a whole mech in one swing and I will only keep one version of the mech. So the Omnipod option is perfect for me, but I'm not sure if the mechs with JJs will suit my playstyle.

My ideas right now:
1. Griffon 2N:
ECM, JJs, PPC quirk and LRM or SRM seems to be a better version of my Kintaro with ER-PPC and 5x LRM5 ^^

2. Summoner: Great Quirks for LBX and UAC, Omnipods... and I liked the original mech from the books and other games.^^ BUT it won't be cheap... so I need to grind money in the next weeks. -_-

3. Stormcrow: I'm not sure about this one... my Hellbringer is a Laserboat and I don't need another one. Maybe I will wait for the Shadowcat to get a medium Clan Mech.
--> ah none has JJs... thanks for the advice :P

What do you think? Did I miss something?

Edited by JIN1987, 15 July 2015 - 12:08 AM.

#2 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

The only clan assault mech that I like and have is the Executioner. It's very agile, has MASC, and has pretty good jump capabilities.

The Griffin is a chassis I now desire, thanks to its maneuverability, speed, and striker capabilities.

I don't know about the Summoner and as such, cannot comment.

The Stormcrow is agile, but has no jump jets. It's got a pretty wide option for what it can mount, and as such is a very versatile mech. It's fun to pilot too, with large ballistics especially.

Edited by Vaskadar, 14 July 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#3 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:27 PM

how much jumpy you want to have your mech? if you want a mech which can get 1-2 jj to move over a lot of obstacles but is rarely played with more than that it's... timber wolf; tbr-s ct and st

if you want a poptart, a jump sniper, you may consider nova with 2 ppc in its side torsos

stormcrow has no jump jets

#4 J I N

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:17 AM

Thanks for your advice.
I don't like jump snipers and so I want the JJs to get into cover or good spots over all. For me the Nova dies to fast against some good aimed shots... I really hope that the Shadow cat will feel more durable. :)

The TBR is nice, but i don't think that it's weapons (with the JJ Sidetorsos) will suit my playstyle with 4 rocket slots and some lasers...

Did anybody actually play the Summoner with it's quirked balistic arms? And what is the main problem with this mech? I rarely see them...

#5 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:34 AM

Download the testservers, you got a ton of cbills and GXp there for testing.

Then you can fully equip and master those mechs and test them.

#6 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:39 AM

summoner usually puts ballistics to its nipples

as for timber, note that i said it really shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 jj i.e. tbr-s central torso or one tbr-s side torso

#7 Too Tall Kowalsky

• Pip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:31 PM

The Summoner doesn't have the greatest amount of pod space for its weight (esp compared to A TBR). That said, I've started running what's mostly a stock Prime (dropped the LRM for an SRM and a few other changes I can't remember atm), and if you play smart, it's maneuverability quirks are super fun. If you can pair up with another mech of similar speed, you can pretty easily run down stragglers or loners without risking getting stranded or isolated yourself, and those quirks can get you a lot of time on target even in rough terrain. It's hard to make full use of the ballistic in the arm in that configuration, though, as you lose all lateral movement of your arms, so the quirks you get for it are a bit of a wash in my mind.

#8 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:58 PM

Main problem with the Summoner is that it lacks tonnage for weaponry.

I like playing my Grasshoppers more than my Summoners. Fairly agile and durable in spite of being so tall. Jumpy laserboat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users