Hi There, House Marik Warriors

12 replies to this topic

#1 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:52 AM

I know that there has been a lot of tension of late between Houses Liao, Davion and Marik, but considering that I have no qualms with any of your House or Warriors at all, and that you have rewlatively left Capellan Confederation territory alone, I would like to offer myself a bridge between between our two House (House Liao and House Marik) in that we should aboth of our Houses should make an alliance against the davions.
As you might have have noticed, they have become aggressive of late, taking planets from both our territories, so what would you all say (after a length discussion on the subject between all of your Warriors/players) that both of our Hoses form an alliance again the Davions and and full out attack them relentlessly?

I have informed House Liao aboout about a possible alliance between our Houses against our common foe, but so far varied results within the Warriors of House Liao about a possible alliance, but i believe that if we put our personal problems aside and strike at the real threat, then we can keep them on the offensive for a chance instead of always going on the defense against against them and losing valuable Worlds in each of our territory.

I hold no ill-feelings against House marik (as they have done nothing untoward House Liao and even have helped defend a number of our planets in the past (and vice versa), and the way they are starting to carve up both of our territories of late, I think an allience (even a brief one) before out two Houses) in attacking the davions would give them something to thinkabout, with two wars against their nearest Inner Sphere neighbours plus their battle against the Clans.

#2 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:06 AM

I don't think there are any marik officers playing this game, like they used to, most have left aren't we allies anyway. in beta 1 marik and lioa was .

#3 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

ITs Beta, why be allies when we can fight each other in a balanced way? IS vs IS is ten time better the IS vs Clan any day.

#4 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:58 PM

I'm a unit commander with House Marik, but as noted above, most of our former senior leadership have left the game for one reason or another. As it was, House Marik really did not have any real structured government, per se, but just a War Council comprised of all the unit commanders for group decision making purposes. Lieutenant MP00 is the closest we have to a full time diplomat, so you might want to check with him.

With that said, House Marik and House Liao already have a longstanding truce, and have previously worked together against the Davions during CW Beta 1. However, Marik's population is way down right now, and so it would be very difficult to organize anything more than a full company for CW drops, either against Davion or in friendly matches against Liao.

#5 rook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:51 AM

I'm a unit rep as well. As far as I see it, we're still in our truce from before. Though, don't expect any help from us as there's just not enough of us that play to be meaningful.

#6 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:35 AM

View PostSudden, on 14 July 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

I don't think there are any marik officers playing this game, like they used to, most have left aren't we allies anyway. in beta 1 marik and lioa was .

Well, I hope you will not consider me an enemy,, Mari has done noting to do and the drops with some of you,> I ust tbk Marik and Liao should team u, star atacking more in cw and well coud have a chance to win, s do your best everyone ;:-)

#7 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:19 AM

Dan, not real Marikaunit? makes thing easier if you formed a roup.

And as for Marik and House Liao, I know that not much thing of the idea of slying ourselves, I would e happy too drop with any marik forces ((since I have tink dependng your borders could strength our result in solo and cw matches

#8 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:25 PM

Well, I think we should keep that alliance going, even now. You help with our Davion problem and we will help you with your Lyran problems. Maybe succeed a planet or two from each ground gained, as a favour of friendship and co-operation.

(You see people, THIS is how diplomcacy actually works, not just a lot of cussing and insults).

#9 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostStoneblade, on 14 July 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

ITs Beta, why be allies when we can fight each other in a balanced way? IS vs IS is ten time better the IS vs Clan any day.

Why fight amongst ourselves that has no real benefit and instead pool our resources and kick the Davions and divide the spoiles of war evenly? It would be beneficial to both our Houses.

#10 rook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:11 AM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 22 July 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

Why fight amongst ourselves that has no real benefit and instead pool our resources and kick the Davions and divide the spoiles of war evenly? It would be beneficial to both our Houses.

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 14 July 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

With that said, House Marik and House Liao already have a longstanding truce, and have previously worked together against the Davions during CW Beta 1. However, Marik's population is way down right now, and so it would be very difficult to organize anything more than a full company for CW drops, either against Davion or in friendly matches against Liao.

This.

#11 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:40 PM

I can understand where you are both coming from, but a truce is completely different to an alliance. You may have a low popularity among the other Houses, but never with House Liao, and as we are the smallest of the Successor States, who do you think the others laugh at more and look upon?

Even if it only one day every 1 or 2 weeks would be good t both of our Houses, either friendly or attacking an enemy. When the time is right, and we have enough players, we will train and then show the rest of the Inner Sphere doormat House the true spirit of both of our Houses?

Well,I for one at least enjoy most working with most Marik Warriors in pug and CW matches...

#12 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:19 PM

I love the enthusiasm you show in your posts, Leif, but youre gonna run into two major obstacles while trying to drum up allies and support for a Liao offensive; 1. Cw is slow ATM. Solo events and people waiting on beta 3 keep the numbers dow. 2. All these clanners in everyones front lawns draws a lot of attention from those who are still active in cw. I guess there's a third issue as well, but I feel bad pointing it out; Liao haircuts arent terribly stylish, so its hard to rally people when the cool kids(I.e. davion) with awesome hair live right next door.

#13 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:09 AM

View Postccrider, on 28 July 2015 - 11:19 PM, said:

I love the enthusiasm you show in your posts, Leif, but youre gonna run into two major obstacles while trying to drum up allies and support for a Liao offensive; 1. Cw is slow ATM. Solo events and people waiting on beta 3 keep the numbers dow. 2. All these clanners in everyones front lawns draws a lot of attention from those who are still active in cw. I guess there's a third issue as well, but I feel bad pointing it out; Liao haircuts arent terribly stylish, so its hard to rally people when the cool kids(I.e. davion) with awesome hair live right next door.

I agree that Liao haircuts are not trendy today and are generally uncool, but Davion being the new cool? I'll keep my Marik rooster until my last breath. One day the rooster will make a come back. And on that day Liao will be honored as our long standing ally (even with their boring haircut.) Davion will once again tremble at the sight of our purple roosters!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users