14 replies to this topic

#1 Theaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, United States

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:45 AM

They gaining a faster light with ecm and a fast medium with guass; and ecm. Watch those fast flankers especially with ecm changes coming

#2 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

Hey bud,
Did you miss me? Been beta testing a game but I should be done next week.

Clanners don't flank -- they pop-tart, extend, deathball laser-vomit or play peek-a-boo. with the reduced ECM range in the future they will simply be doing more of the same. Vat-born have to be who they are.

#3 Theaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, United States

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:39 AM

Glad to know you hadn't dropped off the face of the earth. Good luck with testing, see you on the hub.

#4 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

Who is this Nehebkau character?

Someone left the door unlocked again. Proably Theaus again. Bad Theaus! Your bacon ration is hereby given to the orphans!

#5 Tumbling Dice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Limits of the Twilight Zone

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 19 July 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

Hey bud,
Did you miss me? Been beta testing a game but I should be done next week.

Clanners don't flank -- they pop-tart, extend, deathball laser-vomit or play peek-a-boo. with the reduced ECM range in the future they will simply be doing more of the same. Vat-born have to be who they are.

Were you gone? :ph34r:

#6 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:28 AM

Tom, wolf? Can I gather from your posts that you are still drunk? That's, what, 45 consecutive days of inebriation? Has the Althing council finally authorized you guys to use heavier weapons or are you still only allowed to use flamers and MGs? I still remember when you managed to shoot out your own cockpit with a flamer Tom -- good times.

Edited by nehebkau, 22 July 2015 - 07:29 AM.

#7 Thorn Fidelis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFixing Weaponry Like Sharpening Knifes For Efficient Kombat Effectivness

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:56 AM

Should Help The Clans In Tactics A Little

#8 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:15 PM

lighter and faster

i've always supported the clan ice hellion way of fighting :)

#9 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:09 PM

Drops will have more ECM. The big advantage is that Clans can take heavier mechs with an added bonus of pretty much always being able to shoehorn 1 or 2 ECM mechs. In terms of actual fighting ability, the AC may give some grievance, but the Shadow Cat shouldn't be too big a deal.

#10 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:31 PM

Good.... Now I will be able field Urbanmechs more! They are fast - so they come to face mighty AC20 themselves and they can't flank Urbanmech 360 rotation twist FTW! B)

#11 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:37 PM

View PostTank, on 24 July 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

Good.... Now I will be able field Urbanmechs more! They are fast - so they come to face mighty AC20 themselves and they can't flank Urbanmech 360 rotation twist FTW! B)

Urbanmechs are like the fruit in pac-man. Clanners go crazy when we see em. We might be over here going for the power pellet in the corner but we're plotting a course to come back for those bonus points. :lol:

We switched up the first couple waves on Saturday for med/light combo rushes while we were leveling mechs. JFP did a lot of Mist Lynx rushes previously so the tactics aren't new per se, but what the Shadow Cat and Artic Cheeta did do for us was you will see more clan assaults and more ecm late round.

Prior to this weekend I would typically run the meta decks HBR HBR HBR (IFR or ADR), HBR HBR SCR SCR, TBR SCR SCR SCR, or TBR HBR HBR ADR.

After this weekend its fair game. Could be WHK GAR SHC ACH, HBR HBR HBR SHC, TBR TBR SHC SHC, DWF HBR SHC ACH, GAR TBR SCR ACH.

#12 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:10 AM

The Shadowcat has been completely underwhelming. The lack of weapon hardpoints make it a very niche mech. You have to run 3ERLL/2ERPPC to be successful. Anything with missiles, the Stormcrow does better. Hell, the Stormcrow does everything better.

#13 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:21 AM

12 clan light rush works well. IS doesn't have much to stop these.
12 gar all with 12 small lasers works good.

#14 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:49 AM

New tactics? What tactics? They've got a better Light mech, but that's just about it. Peekabooing and then running away for 200m will remain a thing. It seems that in our CW clanners got some problems with their gene vats, since not a single clanner or clan unit has any balls to fight directly, despite the possibility.

#15 unwary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:13 AM

View PostDivineEvil, on 03 August 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

New tactics? What tactics? They've got a better Light mech, but that's just about it. Peekabooing and then running away for 200m will remain a thing. It seems that in our CW clanners got some problems with their gene vats, since not a single clanner or clan unit has any balls to fight directly, despite the possibility.

You're the ones hiding in the spawn zones -_-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users