Is There A Peak Period?

17 replies to this topic

#1 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

Hey Guys. I recently picked up a new gaming lappy. My graphics card is pretty decent and I was looking forward to doing some drops in CW with the DC gang.

However, the usual time where everyone shows up seems to have changed. It's pretty rare that I run into anyone on the DC servers. I think I saw about a lance online yesterday, at most.

When is our peak period? I don't really mind if CW is "Garbage" right now, because public drops are equally or more garbage, anyway. Our old CW drops together during the first beta were way more fun than the grindopolis that is the public drop.

#2 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:56 AM

View Postice trey, on 19 July 2015 - 09:44 PM, said:

When is our peak period?

At the moment? Never.

A bit less cynically, in the late European evenings/late NA afternoons I usually see 1 or 2 teams.

#3 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:56 AM

The peak playtime is December 14th, 2014 to March 14 2015. All other play times are not recommended for CW.

#4 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:00 AM

Really though, us Davions get together for CW every Wed. We call it Wed Night Warfare. The larger groups in Kurita have been picking up arms on the same day as we all go at the Clans. Last Wed as has been for a couple weeks now, NKVA and NS have been getting in the fight and doing a hell of a job. If I were you I would check the Kurita TS server on Wed's around 9:00pm EST.

#5 ice trey

• 1,523 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:51 AM

I'd totally love to, and thanks for the offer, RJ. Unfortunately, I'm based out of Japan, and if things pan out for me, I will be for the rest of my days, so everyone elses' wednesday evening is my thursday morning - and CW is not really something that I can find time for BEFORE work. I used to join up on weekends. During Beta 1, everyone was playing on friday nights... that was OK for me, as I could wake up on Saturday morning, join up around 10 AM, and wrap up at 2 PM for ceasefire. That time block seems to have since disbanded.

#6 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:36 AM

]NS[ is back in Kurita now so that should help.

#7 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:33 AM

View Postice trey, on 22 July 2015 - 12:51 AM, said:

I'd totally love to, and thanks for the offer, RJ. Unfortunately, I'm based out of Japan, and if things pan out for me, I will be for the rest of my days, so everyone elses' wednesday evening is my thursday morning - and CW is not really something that I can find time for BEFORE work. I used to join up on weekends. During Beta 1, everyone was playing on friday nights... that was OK for me, as I could wake up on Saturday morning, join up around 10 AM, and wrap up at 2 PM for ceasefire. That time block seems to have since disbanded.

We have 3 members based in Japan ... maybe 4 I think. However since Beta 2 ... our CW efforts have been greatly reduced.

#8 ice trey

• 1,523 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:41 AM

Another good question that will solve some questions.

Which of the units still active in the DC are using the House Kurita Teamspeak, and which ones stick to their private channels?

#9 ice trey

• 1,523 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 22 July 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

We have 3 members based in Japan ... maybe 4 I think. However since Beta 2 ... our CW efforts have been greatly reduced.

Do you know if there are any set practice times for the EU/Oceanic players?

I know that the 9th used to run one on Saturdays at 6 AM eastern, which would be perfect for me. I don't have confirmation if that's still a thing though, as it was listed a good while ago.

#10 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

I can't confirm it either way but it seems our EU presence has declined from what it had been. Overall, we aren't as active within CW as we used to be and gathering full 12s that have a good block of time to devote to it has become increasingly difficult. For myself, I have very little time during the week and only Satuday nights eastern to be on for a good pull.

-k

#11 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:22 AM

NS is running CW practice NA evening Sunday and Monday. Since we are not full 12's all are welcome. The best case for larger groups is during Saturday Day NA time. The Germans are usually on along with a mixed bag of NA players.

#12 ice trey

• 1,523 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 28 July 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

NS is running CW practice NA evening Sunday and Monday. Since we are not full 12's all are welcome. The best case for larger groups is during Saturday Day NA time. The Germans are usually on along with a mixed bag of NA players.

Sunday/Monday evening in NA ends up being Monday/Tuesday morning in Oceanic. I'd totally take you up on the suggestion, as dropping with the NS guys has always been a great experience, and you guys pretty much single handedly took on the clans during the first half of Beta 1, but it's just not going to work out, I'm afraid. NA Friday/Saturday Mornings and evenings are perfect for me, but since I teach kids at public schools, "Changing my schedule" isn't a thing I can do.

#13 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:37 AM

This may be a silly question, but will NS be doing this from the HK TS? I've been popping in and out of there to see if anything was cooking CW wise, but it's been mostly tumbleweeds.

Of course, that's probably more CW malaise than anything else.

#14 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:01 AM

Well for some light at the end of the tunnel, the Steam release of Tera buffed up population for the dead time zones that I used to play in (now I can't gather cause those pesky newbs are stealing my herbs). If they polish up CW and the NPE more then release on Steam hopefully you will have more people to play with.

Also the Oceanic server might help draw in more people you can play with.

Edited by Elizander, 29 July 2015 - 05:01 AM.

#15 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:00 AM

View PostMurphy7, on 29 July 2015 - 04:37 AM, said:

This may be a silly question, but will NS be doing this from the HK TS? I've been popping in and out of there to see if anything was cooking CW wise, but it's been mostly tumbleweeds.

Of course, that's probably more CW malaise than anything else.

We are working to get more visible again on the HK TS. Honestly burn out was our biggest issue. Plus a big interest by a large group in ARK and Space Engineers.

#16 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

View Postice trey, on 29 July 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

Sunday/Monday evening in NA ends up being Monday/Tuesday morning in Oceanic. I'd totally take you up on the suggestion, as dropping with the NS guys has always been a great experience, and you guys pretty much single handedly took on the clans during the first half of Beta 1, but it's just not going to work out, I'm afraid. NA Friday/Saturday Mornings and evenings are perfect for me, but since I teach kids at public schools, "Changing my schedule" isn't a thing I can do.

Ice Trey, we do have guys whom are on at that time. Usually 3 to 6 guys play US daytime. Best case would be to get them added to your friend list I think. I can see if I can get a list of their names PM it to you.

#17 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 29 July 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

We are working to get more visible again on the HK TS. Honestly burn out was our biggest issue. Plus a big interest by a large group in ARK and Space Engineers.

Space engineers is pretty amazing.

ARK....

hard to compete with punching dinosaurs in the face until they respect you. That is never old.

Maybe CW update 3... who knows. Could bring a ton of people back.

#18 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 29 July 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

Space engineers is pretty amazing.

ARK....

hard to compete with punching dinosaurs in the face until they respect you. That is never old.

Maybe CW update 3... who knows. Could bring a ton of people back.

Join us Mischief, we have an ARK server. PM me for details if interested.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users