New Customization Options

35 replies to this topic

Poll: Customization Options (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want Customized Geometry?

1. Yes! (43 votes [61.43%])

Percentage of vote: 61.43%

2. Just no. (27 votes [38.57%])

Percentage of vote: 38.57%

Do you want Decals?

1. Yes! I want to show my loyalties! (66 votes [94.29%])

Percentage of vote: 94.29%

2. No (4 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

Personalized Warhorns?

1. Yes! (33 votes [47.14%])

Percentage of vote: 47.14%

2. No... (37 votes [52.86%])

Percentage of vote: 52.86%

Customizable Mech bay?

1. Yes please! (54 votes [77.14%])

Percentage of vote: 77.14%

2. No (16 votes [22.86%])

Percentage of vote: 22.86%

Custom Camo?

1. Yes! (45 votes [64.29%])

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

2. No! (25 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

Alternate Betty voices?

1. Yes! (49 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. No! (21 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Different Target Reticle

1. Yes (52 votes [74.29%])

Percentage of vote: 74.29%

2. No (18 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

Personalized pilot reactions?

1. Yes (41 votes [60.29%])

Percentage of vote: 60.29%

2. No (27 votes [39.71%])

Percentage of vote: 39.71%

Pilot jumpsuit options?

1. Yes (52 votes [76.47%])

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

2. No (16 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:49 AM

As the title says, this thread is about getting more options.

The options I can think of currently are custom geometry, decals (both standard & custom), personalized warhorns, Different Bitching Betty voices, Mech Bay customization (Banners, mechwarrior talking to techs, etc).

These would cost about the same as colors, camo & cockpit items, maybe more, depending on quality & size. Everyone likes free stuff but PGI is a business and these things would cost money to make available.

Please share any ideas you may have and don't forget to vote!

Added custom target reticle to the poll.

Edited by TheArisen, 23 July 2015 - 09:03 PM.

#2 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:22 AM

BTW, if you're gonna vote "no" on something, it'd be interesting to hear your reasoning. :)

#3 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

how about different pilot reactions? What I mean is, if you get a kill or win the match, your pilot reacts to it. A fist pump or something.

I'm adding it to the poll

#4 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:01 PM

Another idea for pilot customization, choosing jumpsuit color and/or if your pilot wears one.

#5 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:56 AM

Any opinions on cost? How much do you think these options are worth?

#6 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:46 AM

About customized geometry, it would have to be done in a way that doesn't give an advantage or disadvantage. Also, it shouldn't be anything immersion breaking (No top hat for Urbies) haha. I was thinking more along the lines of the Misery with it's battle DMG.

#7 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

With personalized warhorns I think it's obvious that PGI would have to screen them for inappropriate things. That'd take resources, so "no" votes make sense there. I do find it a little odd that anyone would be against customizable mech bays.

#8 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:34 AM

No one cares to share there reason/s for voting no?(or yes even?)

#9 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:52 AM

YES TO EVERYTHING!
Especially the jumpsuit option!
Posted Image

I'd also like if you could at least change the Warhorn location to more to the sides of the mech, so they don't block the view (on some mechs it's pretty bad). Maybe being able to use the sound of one Warhorn with the appearance of another would be awesome too, because i love the Isobaric warhorn sound, but it looks soooo bloody hideous!

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 26 July 2015 - 01:01 AM.

#10 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:36 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 26 July 2015 - 12:52 AM, said:

YES TO EVERYTHING!
Especially the jumpsuit option!
Posted Image

I'd also like if you could at least change the Warhorn location to more to the sides of the mech, so they don't block the view (on some mechs it's pretty bad). Maybe being able to use the sound of one Warhorn with the appearance of another would be awesome too, because i love the Isobaric warhorn sound, but it looks soooo bloody hideous!

Agreed, some of the warhorns are pretty ugly.

I wish someone would be willing to talk about why they voted "no". Is it a resources issue? Because ideally these would expand PGI's income and therefore increase PGI's resources.

#11 TwoFistsofFear

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest, USA

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

Id love a little more mech customization. You come up with a killer build you've gotta give it a killer name or an icon/logo right? Definitely think you should be able to put something like that physically on your mech. Think like WWII plane nose art or something similar.

#12 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostTwoFistsofFear, on 26 July 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

Id love a little more mech customization. You come up with a killer build you've gotta give it a killer name or an icon/logo right? Definitely think you should be able to put something like that physically on your mech. Think like WWII plane nose art or something similar.

Exactly, I think what you're saying would be "custom geometry" & "custom camo".

#13 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

I think I might have some idea as to why ppl would be against customized geometry. It could be a little odd if everyone had some sort of personalization. My counter to this is first off, it wouldn't be free. I also doubt everyone would have the exact same things. Lastly, do you think every mech in every drop would be in pristine condition?

I hope someone might be willing to discuss this. I promise I won't flame you.

#14 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:34 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 26 July 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

I think I might have some idea as to why ppl would be against customized geometry. It could be a little odd if everyone had some sort of personalization. My counter to this is first off, it wouldn't be free. I also doubt everyone would have the exact same things. Lastly, do you think every mech in every drop would be in pristine condition?

I hope someone might be willing to discuss this. I promise I won't flame you.

Customized geometry, i imagine could be like different Atlas Skulls, maybe stuff like the Catapult's nose cone, shoulder pads on all sorts of mechs, different types of Wolverine's turrets (like one round, like in the TROs, when others boxier, or more disc shaped), different COCKPITS, like maybe a round cockpit on the Battlemaster, different mohawks on the Centurion, you know? That sort of stuff?

All of this, for maybe 500-1000 MC each, would make for a bloody gold-mine for PGI

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 26 July 2015 - 09:35 PM.

#15 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:31 PM

Decals are the only thing I voted yes on. The other things, well I would like to see development not get side tracked. The custom geometry would concern me on in the fact that if it adds pixels to my mech then there is more to hit. Plus we'll find out how to maximize the custom geometry, ie put this mod on your Cent-A left arm as it gives it a slightly bigger shield etc etc.

#16 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:11 AM

View PostSaxie, on 26 July 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

Decals are the only thing I voted yes on. The other things, well I would like to see development not get side tracked. The custom geometry would concern me on in the fact that if it adds pixels to my mech then there is more to hit. Plus we'll find out how to maximize the custom geometry, ie put this mod on your Cent-A left arm as it gives it a slightly bigger shield etc etc.

Valid concerns. To be honest, I don't think everything on here would be done all at once, nor would any of these consume PGI because they have different departments (mech development vs maps, etc) As for customized geometry, as long as the hitboxes are unchanged, there would be no reason to worry about min/maxing, it'd be completely cosmetic. The Raven for example, has (had?) Hitboxes bigger than it's legs.

BTW, the for talking. I was getting discouraged.

#17 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:36 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 27 July 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:

Valid concerns. To be honest, I don't think everything on here would be done all at once, nor would any of these consume PGI because they have different departments (mech development vs maps, etc) As for customized geometry, as long as the hitboxes are unchanged, there would be no reason to worry about min/maxing, it'd be completely cosmetic. The Raven for example, has (had?) Hitboxes bigger than it's legs.

BTW, the for talking. I was getting discouraged.

Mhm.
The current custom geometry on mechs that have it (like the Invasion variants, etc) have the same hitboxes as the normal variants, so i don't see a problem with that.

And I'm pretty sure that the Ravens still have "GhostHitboxes" on its legs, which is a relic from the past when the hitreg was absolute trash.

#18 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:32 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 27 July 2015 - 12:36 AM, said:

Mhm.
The current custom geometry on mechs that have it (like the Invasion variants, etc) have the same hitboxes as the normal variants, so i don't see a problem with that.

And I'm pretty sure that the Ravens still have "GhostHitboxes" on its legs, which is a relic from the past when the hitreg was absolute trash.

Indeed, so it's obvious that Pgi is capable of producing customized geometry that won't give any kind of advantage or disadvantage.

#19 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:12 AM

So far it looks like personalized war horns and customized geometry aren't doing to good.

@voters: remember, if done correctly, customized geometry would not affect hitboxes and therefore not give any advantage or disadvantage.

#20 Pink Panther

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:44 PM

All of these options I vote Yes for, except for target reticles. I think that with the game's high skill ceiling and (as of writing) almost nonexistent tutorials, adding in in-game UI elements that may contradict instructional elements ("When your crosshair turns red with rotating circles, you have missle lock!") would cause problems.

I especially want decals!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users