European Takeover Personal Challenge Event!

132 replies to this topic

#121 scruffy416

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:50 AM

View PostRataxas, on 31 July 2015 - 07:00 AM, said:

well i got 24 points but can pick up the flags , still want me to pay 500 MC

1- Sign into the website (signing in to forums counts)
2- Go to https://mwomercs.com/tournaments
3- Bottom of the page, pick out the flags you want, click Pick, confirm you're sure.
4- Launch MWO, play a few rounds and wait for the "item injection" when you exit a round.

Worked for me last night.

Edited by scruffy416, 31 July 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#122 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:56 AM

I want La Cucaracha horn as well :D

#123 Nastyogre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostPeiper, on 22 July 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

Could we get these flags as well? Posted Image

Please no. Those aren't countries. They aren't distinct nation states the way the UK nations are. Most of us understand that the Confederate flag only came back into vogue with the right against desegregation in the south. Look it up, it's not your heritage unless you are a seditious rebel that fought to preserve slavery. It's a symbol of hate and bigotry, period. Don't fool yourself. It is. Texas isn't a country while it once was, it never could have remained independent. The USA would have absorbed it, or Mexico reconquered it.

#124 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

Nothing lasts ever...

#125 TheStrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 574 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

Great event, thanks PGI!

Got 5 Warhorns, 5m cbills, 6 days of premium and one flag - Canada Eh!

#126 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:27 AM

One difference I noticed while playing on the European servers: unlike on the NA servers, you rarely see idiots "testing" their weapons as soon as the match starts.

#127 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostStiletto, on 31 July 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

Please no. Those aren't countries. They aren't distinct nation states the way the UK nations are. Most of us understand that the Confederate flag only came back into vogue with the right against desegregation in the south. Look it up, it's not your heritage unless you are a seditious rebel that fought to preserve slavery. It's a symbol of hate and bigotry, period. Don't fool yourself. It is. Texas isn't a country while it once was, it never could have remained independent. The USA would have absorbed it, or Mexico reconquered it.

You don't have to worry, they won't put 'historical' flags in. A dev came in after I suggested imperial versions of modern day country flags and symbols and they won't do it. As for your political commentary, I'd keep it to yourself. This is not the place for such debate, no matter how entertaining. See the following post for the ruling on historic flags and symbols.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4580514

I will point out, though, for the sake of education. The flag on the right was flown as a battle flag - flown as a regimental standard and naval ensign, later to be incorporated into the flag of the Confederate States of America - which was a country despite your opinion. The flag on the right is the flag of that country, not the flag of the Republic of Texas, which you suggest. Below is the flag of the Republic of Texas.

Posted Image

Edited by Peiper, 31 July 2015 - 10:58 AM.

#128 Jragonsoul

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:14 PM

View PostPeiper, on 31 July 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

You don't have to worry, they won't put 'historical' flags in. A dev came in after I suggested imperial versions of modern day country flags and symbols and they won't do it. As for your political commentary, I'd keep it to yourself. This is not the place for such debate, no matter how entertaining. See the following post for the ruling on historic flags and symbols.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4580514

I will point out, though, for the sake of education. The flag on the right was flown as a battle flag - flown as a regimental standard and naval ensign, later to be incorporated into the flag of the Confederate States of America - which was a country despite your opinion. The flag on the right is the flag of that country, not the flag of the Republic of Texas, which you suggest. Below is the flag of the Republic of Texas.

Posted Image

I will also point out for the sake of education that they did say is was a county "Texas isn't a country while it once was." But really saying the confederate states of America was a country is like saying your three year old is batman when they refuse to go to bed and run around the house with a cape making swishing noises. Just cause they WANT it to be true (They really did, there was a war and everything) doesn't make it so.

Edited by Jragonsoul, 31 July 2015 - 06:26 PM.

#129 condor1X1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:15 PM

europe servers went super laggy for me bout 15 mins ago ....only needed 6 more points to get the rest of the flags i wanted :(

#130 Worm Seraphin

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:10 PM

last couple matches didn't count? The timer reached 0 before the results showed up.
EDIT: nevermind, results did show up! Thnks PGI

Edited by Worm Seraphin, 31 July 2015 - 11:12 PM.

#131 Uncle Challs

Rookie

• The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:46 PM

What a bad feeling this is...
I'm on my LAST Assault match, in queue to drop, about 10 minutes before the deadline; should be A-OK, right? Wrong. I never got a match until 3:01-ish. Why did an entire evening of fast drops have to screw me out of completing a Challenge, 100%? Why couldn't I get a match sooner?

Why couldn't that last game count...? It was well over 30 Match Score. Heh

Sure, I didn't HAVE to spend days grinding away on the shoddy European server connection, but I'm attached to my stats. Adios 100% Challenge record.

Edit: No more bad feelings! I'm very glad to see the continuation of this Challenge... still just a bit worried about my ability to play on the Oceanic server with a 300+ ping. Here's to others finishing up this rather time-consuming event. Cheers!

Edited by Uncle Challs, 07 August 2015 - 07:00 PM.

#132 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

Great event. Thanks PGI. Going to repeat it with oceana?

#133 Gyr Falcon

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:51 AM

Thank you for the great tournament! I now have plenty of noise makers whenever I make a kill and I can fly a flag for my country while doing so!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users