- Resolved -Temporary Eur Server Instability - Resolved -

29 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:54 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

Our European servers are currently running below their optimal performance levels due to a server hardware issue.
We have redundancies in place to compensate for these situations, but until we can resolve the issue you may experience some brief instability or increased latency when running matches on the EUR servers.

Please feel free to provide feedback in this thread regarding any impact you may be seeing when running matches on the EUR servers during this time. We will keep this post updated as information becomes available.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

There goes the neighborhood. :(

#3 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

Posted Image
I suspect A Plot of some sort

#4 Zaldier

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

Bound to be a few issues as the new hardware settles with the loading. I am sure the NA servers had the same issues when they were first brought in also.

#5 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

Is the HSR working as intended on the EU server? The matches feel like if there is no HSR active at all.

Hitting lights is next to impossible, lots of damage not registering. Despite of having a ping of about 20.

#6 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostShadow Magnet, on 23 July 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

Is the HSR working as intended on the EU server? The matches feel like if there is no HSR active at all.

Hitting lights is next to impossible, lots of damage not registering. Despite of having a ping of about 20.

I'm grabbing a fast light mech now and heading to the EU servers.

I need to thoroughly test this to see if it's true.

#7 Chaosity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

I am logging in from the Pacific NW in USA. Normal NA ping is at 75 90% of the time but sometimes will jump to 130 if a node becomes jammed and my routing is changed. The EU server does vary, but in a strange way. I can drop and the drop prep screen shows 170 ping. Game ends. Immediately I launch another drop, but the ping is now 230, just a couple of minutes apart from the last 170 ping. Always around 170 or 230, never in the middle area.

So the question is can we please have either the IP of the EU server or its DNS name? Having such information would allow running a trace route to determine if the new connection is taking a different route or is it due to the EU server itself. I have multiple screens and could put a couple of command processor windows up on one of them side by side and run tracert in each. One for lower pings and one for higher pings. Be happy to share any significant information gained by rerunning the trace and piping the output to a file for you.

Edited by Chaosity, 23 July 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#8 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:01 PM

Yep some latencies this afternoon and one game totally down disco impossible to rejoin.

#9 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:22 PM

chm. HDD already DEAD ? geeez

#10 045

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 59 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

I have experienced a bug where my thermal and night vision flicker on and off (they remain on but the terrain flickers from visible to invisible. This has happened once before but about 6 months back so unrelated.

#11 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:40 PM

i keep glitching, screen freezes for a few second then i end up somewhere else, half the time with pieces shot off or dead, good way to earn points for the challenge, well at least it is for the other team

#12 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:13 PM

Couple of matches now, no instability, glitches, disconnects from game server or rubber banding. On top of that, perfect hit registration! :)

What ever you did to the server, PLEASE keep it like this!!!

#13 Ljeto

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostChaosity, on 23 July 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

So the question is can we please have either the IP of the EU server or its DNS name?

5.135.129.195 - Paris, France - hoster is OVH and i don't want to talk about them :)

#14 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:37 PM

Ping on the Euro servers are about 140. Biggest issue is collision teleporting. When I run into someone I get tons of lag and teleport all over the place in that spot. Same thing happens on the NA servers with 60 ping, but not near as bad.

#15 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 680 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

It's lagging really bad in the North American servers right now as well. Many people experiencing warping and lag in general. Started about 8 pm eastern. It's been almost 3 hours....

#16 GBxGhostRyder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:59 PM

Your all fools I swear both the NA server and EU server are still based in Canada after doing a trace LOL LOL I cant believe so many fall for PGI's liessss there is no NA or EU server there based out of PGI's offices.

Edited by GBxGhostRyder, 23 July 2015 - 07:59 PM.

#17 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:18 PM

Does this mean the contest will be extended?

#18 Pocket_Aces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

First game on the EU server the other other day, 700+ damage, 4 kills with a 400 ping. I felt like I was invisible, only took minor damage and that was incidental. Didn't feel like people were targeting me, didn't get missile warnings, didn't get shot at or focused at all. Had an enemy mech walk past me like I wasn't there, from behind, he over took me. I felt I was invisible and the enemy team couldn't see me, IT WAS WEIRD, but man did I clean up!

#19 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:09 PM

Yup - I saw a bunch of this stuff earlier this morning EST - the weirdest effect I observed was getting stuck in some kind of loop where about 1 second of game play repeated itself 4 or 5 times - during a collision with another mech on Crimson, just below the platform. Some weirdness from time to time - but not too bad overall. The game was playable for my sessions yesterday and this morning.

Hit Registration continues to be an issue - especially with certain outrageously ridiculous light mechs - but it also appears to be fading in and out as usual - at times it gets really bad, but then appears to return to normal later on. I see this on both servers - regardless of my own ping. My European ping averages about 100 more than my NA ping.

#20 Chaosity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:18 PM

View PostGBxGhostRyder, on 23 July 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

Your all fools I swear both the NA server and EU server are still based in Canada after doing a trace LOL LOL I cant believe so many fall for PGI's liessss there is no NA or EU server there based out of PGI's offices.

The fool calling others fools? LOL

I just did a trace route and the last ID'd entry before the server was in France and it was at the server 3ms later. 3ms from France to Canada? I doubt it. Do some testing before you try and stir the pot.

Run program CMD and enter "tracert 5.135.129.195" without the quotes. See for yourself.

Edited by Chaosity, 23 July 2015 - 11:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users