ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 02 August 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

An intro for Mechwarrior Online like KOTOR would be awsome.

Also if anyone watches the KOTOR movies, ignore them. the young female jedi appentice in the intro is actually a 60 years old with a gay 35 year old son in game.... no offense to anyone, just saying.... Kotor went off the rails

kind of like this comment? Not even sure what the heck you are trying to say, or what relevance it has to well, anything?

#642 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:39 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 August 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

kind of like this comment? Not even sure what the heck you are trying to say, or what relevance it has to well, anything?

Thats ok keep trying you will figure it out.

To put it simply the SWTOR intros are actually very well done and are some of the industries best along with ESO's. Some movies like those for Mechwarrior Online would be great.

I just wanted to add that the SWTOR movies should be ignored because the game itself is not in any way like the intros. Really its a complete bait and switch 100% and is a level grind combined with an item grind and on top of that every 6 months or so everything a player has done up till then is turned into trash that may as well be deleted from their account. Also quite insulting game play situations to some folk.

I dont play the game but its like watching a train wreck.....

Edited by Johnny Z, 02 August 2015 - 09:47 PM.

#643 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:12 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 02 August 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

Thats ok keep trying you will figure it out.

To put it simply the SWTOR intros are actually very well done and are some of the industries best along with ESO's. Some movies like those for Mechwarrior Online would be great.

I just wanted to add that the SWTOR movies should be ignored because the game itself is not in any way like the intros. Really its a complete bait and switch 100% and is a level grind combined with an item grind and on top of that every 6 months or so everything a player has done up till then is turned into trash that may as well be deleted from their account. Also quite insulting game play situations to some folk.

I dont play the game but its like watching a train wreck.....

SWTOR was a great game, but my friends plowed through it and got bored and my guildmates bailed due to noobs not being able to hang in the tough raids.

Edited by Ed Steele, 02 August 2015 - 11:14 PM.

#644 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:28 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 02 August 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

Original
Posted Image

Phoenix Reseen
Posted Image

Mechwarrior 5
Posted Image

Shimmering Sword's
Posted Image

Posted Image

If anything, the Mechwarrior 5 version of the Warhammer is closer to the original Battletech/Macross design. which is probably
why HG got their knickers in a twist. when MW5 was being advertised.

All these images I pulled from a 2-minute google search.

With Shimmering Sword's art as the basis for the new Classics, he's managed to keep the spirit of the original Unseen mechs,
while giving them a more 'natural' look to keep them more in the theme of the Battletech universe.

Seriously, if HG tries to go after this stuff, then they are doing nothing but grasping at the last straw in the bunch, showing how
desperate they are to troll the Battletech, Mechwarrior, Macross and Robotech IPs for their own selfish ends.

Those last two pictures, you can actually see some changes between SS's first iteration of the new Warhammer, to the final version used for the Mercs book cover and the new CGL miniature. The biggest change being the cockpit I think.

Yet, besides the Feenix one, which imo, is just plain ugly, they all look almost entirely like the original....so, idk what HG is all up in arms about....so it looks like a Warhammer or it looks like a Warhammer.....about the only one that actually make it look different and worse imo, is that one from Wizkids Clix game.

#645 Mardek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:54 AM

Im in japan right now so maybe i can light a fire to the HarmonyGold HQ *insert ninja eyes*

#646 Hollow Earth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIntergalactic House of Pancakes

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:17 AM

But HG is in los angeles california though.

#647 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:11 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 02 August 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

An intro for Mechwarrior Online like SWTOR would be awsome.

Also if anyone watches the SWTOR movies, ignore them. the young female jedi appentice in the intro is actually 60 years old with a gay 35 year old son in game.... no offense to anyone, just saying.... swtor went off the rails in game to what it was supposed to be I think. Not entirely but had to be said. Theres alot more to be said to, but I will leave it at that.

Oh and if anyone wants to know about founders going berzerk? SWTOR is the game to look at lol. I wasnt one of them. But yeesh.

EDIT: oops I had KOTOR instead of SWTOR for a while there. :mellow:

lol what the hell are you talking about? Intro movies are telling the story, it is past where Satele was young, people get old, you know, blame BW for that you do *facepalm*

And also these movies are very close to the game, you can find most characters, classes and outfits from there in game, what else do you want? It's a very solid mmo with a good story for every character, nice graphics (yes it has performance issues, I know, but most games do), even nice pvp, which are not really supported sadly. Yes game had bigger potential, but it's a good game still.

But anyway I though about bigger things for BT, like BattleTech universe movie series, why not, it can be not less cool than avengers imo.

#648 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:35 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 29 July 2015 - 07:32 AM, said:

If you take away my Phoenix Hawk we shall have problems.

No, seriously man. I mean it.

I'll cut you!

;)

No but seriously, I _will_ cut you.

Hahahaha, seriously I find myself caring less about MWO since this announcement.
RPG vs Shooter, RPG wins.

#649 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:56 AM

Okay guys lets try to stay on topic here. :huh: And SWTOR isn't the topic at hand.

Here's a little brain teaser though. Which mech do you think they'll reveal next?

CGL started off with a nice bang showing the Warhammer, so I personally don't think we'll be seeing a Marauder anytime soon. If I were them I'd hold off on the Marauder until last, build up the suspense and anticipation. Start with an icon, end with an icon, show off the more... Mediocre units in the middle, stuff like the Locust, Wasp and Stinger, and then mix the other units in between the Warhammer and Marauder.

If I were to guess I'd say probably the next mech we'll see is one of the Dougram based mechs, like the Griffin, Shadow Hawk or Wolverine. Maybe we'll see another Macross based mech like a Phoenix Hawk or Crusader, but if I were CGL I'd try to stagger the releases, keep the anticipation as high as possible.

#650 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:06 AM

CGL has unveiled Warhammer, Griffin, BattleMaster, Marauder and Shadow Hawk.

My guess is that maybe they will follow with Archer or Rifleman. Or perhaps with Thunderbolt - simply because Anthony Scroggins painted those 'Mechs in the past.

#651 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:22 AM

I'd say they'll probably show the Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie and Phoenix Hawk at the same time or at least in quick succession since those were all based on the Macross Veritech design and therefore should have similarities. Hell, even the Crusader might be included in that bunch as that was technically based on the Veritech as well, just an armored version of it.

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 03 August 2015 - 07:31 AM.

#652 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:26 AM

View PostMardek, on 03 August 2015 - 12:54 AM, said:

Im in japan right now so maybe i can light a fire to the HarmonyGold HQ *insert ninja eyes*

Careful, they might think your name is too similar to Marduk..... :)

#653 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:19 AM

View Postcdlord, on 03 August 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

The ancient god, or the cheesy blackmetal band?

#654 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:56 PM

View Postcdlord, on 03 August 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

View PostEd Steele, on 03 August 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

Since Tatsunoko had no hand in the making of Macross II, they - and Harmony Gold, as Tatsunoko's licensee - have no say with regard to the Marduk.

#655 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 03 August 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

Six in one, half dozen in the other....

#656 Hollow Earth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIntergalactic House of Pancakes

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

I just remembered that they are going to make new models for all the "unseens", not just the ones from Macross, so now i want to see what the Thunderbolt and Battlemaster would look like in their new miniature forms.

#657 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:47 PM

so any news on my unseen maudder and phoenix hawk?

#658 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:56 PM

View Postkosmos1214, on 03 August 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

so any news on my unseen maudder and phoenix hawk?

If you look at the current official covers for several of the upcoming CGL Battletech TT books you'll see a number of the "reimaged unseens", including a Marauder (albeit from a rear-side angle). No sign of a Phoenix Hawk, yet, though.

#659 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:37 PM

View PostSereglach, on 03 August 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

If you look at the current official covers for several of the upcoming CGL Battletech TT books you'll see a number of the "reimaged unseens", including a Marauder (albeit from a rear-side angle). No sign of a Phoenix Hawk, yet, though.

I am sure that the mechs based off of Veritechs will be th toughest to get the rights to.

#660 Mathius Ward

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in one of the clan attack corridors.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 03 August 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

I am sure that the mechs based off of Veritechs will be th toughest to get the rights to.

Not really, according to everything, ALL of the rights issues were delt with "Decades ago"

which means even the veritechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users