All Systems Nominal - European Servers Now Live

18 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:42 AM

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL - EUROPEAN SERVERS NOW LIVE

Strassbourg, France – Piranha Games global server expansion for MechWarrior Online is complete with servers now online for greater Europe out of Strassbourg. Ping lag for players has been reduced in some areas by more than 75% with the average ping time reduced by 50%, a significant margin for InnerSphere pilots who reside outside North America. Servers in the Oceanic part of the world are scheduled to be online in August.

#2 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

Oh I love statistics! More of these please!

Really looking 4ward to trying out the EU servers =) Glad to see this happen.

Edit: Ping of 26-32 is golden =) (from AT, was roughly 130 before)

Edited by Myke Pantera, 28 July 2015 - 11:52 PM.

#3 Mister T

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

Your Mechbay are hosted in cargo container and watercooled o/

#4 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:03 AM

I know it's a long shot, but any chance of getting a server in the Middle East? I still have a ping of 130 to the EU server (220 to NA).

130 is noticeably better than 220... but still double that of even the worst EU ping.

Edited by Appogee, 27 July 2015 - 06:02 AM.

#5 Diddi Doedel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 195 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

Well, with _that_ cockpit item having been the reward of a recent tournament, no wonder it is the most widely spread and used.

#6 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:44 PM

130 down to 19-22. GJ

#7 Dragonsyoung

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:48 PM

nice work B)

#8 Lhunara

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Location1984

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

Really odd, I am nearer to EU than NA... but my ping is worse on the EU server.

From SE Asia.

#9 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:02 AM

Ping is worse but hit reg is better, more responsive

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 26 July 2015 - 12:02 AM.

#10 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:39 AM

So wait, do these stats mean that the EU players are better than the NA players? :ph34r:

No surprise other is 10%, pretty much every Aussie I know has turned off EU cause its worse than US :P

But good that EU players catch a break, our turn next :wub:

View PostLhunara, on 25 July 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

Really odd, I am nearer to EU than NA... but my ping is worse on the EU server.

From SE Asia.

Suspect SE Asia generally gets routed via US?

Edited by White Bear 84, 26 July 2015 - 12:40 AM.

#11 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:25 AM

Hi!

I am just trying to interpret some of these numbers ...

Average player wins 20 vs 16
Average player losses 18 vs 15

Does this mean that the average player has played only 38 matches in Europe and 31 in NA? In this case, the numbers must include most everyone who has ever played not just active players. Considering my personal win/loss since the last stat reset is 476/466 (and some players have far more)... this would tend to indicate some atrocious player retention.

Average kills 30 vs 23 ... however, this would go along with the average matches played of 38 vs 31 ... ratio of 1.3 vs 1.22 kills/match played so fairly close between EU and NA.

Average assists 160 vs 129 ... ratio of 4.21 vs 4.16 assists/match played so even closer .. most of the difference in numbers is due to the fact that EU players seem to have a slightly higher early retention than NA players.

In addition the 16% earnings number isn't very meaningful without knowing the proportion of folks with premium time since this has a significant impact. Even a slightly higher fraction of EU players with premium would counteract an apparent 16% in average earnings/match. However, the slightly higher kill rate would account for part of that difference.

Another weirdness in these numbers.

Average wins is 20 while average losses is 18 (or 16 vs 15). How is this even POSSIBLE?

For every 12 players that win there are 12 players that lose. The number of draws is microscopic in comparison (I think I have experienced 2 matches that ended in a draw total).

Given that ... the average number of wins and number of losses over the entire player base should be exactly equal. However, in both sub groups listed both show more WINS than LOSSES on average. I am not sure that is possible unless PGI has made some error in crunching the numbers, in collecting the data, or purposely excluded players with less than a certain number of matches. Excluding players with less than 10 matches might account for the lack of balance in win/loss. However, this further indicates that there are more folks they completely fail to retain ... and that most players lose the first few matches they play so by excluding these from the stats you eliminate more losses than wins.

---

If I was PGI, I don't think I would have released these numbers since they tend to indicate a very low level of player retention and indicate an area that requires some intense focus before they release on Steam or elsewhere. It is important for them to be aware of that but not sure about letting the player base know.

#12 JD R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,814 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:05 AM

View PostMawai, on 26 July 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

Given that ... the average number of wins and number of losses over the entire player base should be exactly equal.

No, if players with a high number of losses delete themself they fall of this calculation. Or they just look to players logged in in the last 30 days as example

Edited by JD R, 27 July 2015 - 01:06 AM.

#13 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostJD R, on 27 July 2015 - 01:05 AM, said:

No, if players with a high number of losses delete themself they fall of this calculation. Or they just look to players logged in in the last 30 days as example

Yes ... I said that in my post ... PGI must be leaving out some subset of the player base in order to get wins not equal to losses.

Also, I do not know if deleting an account deletes anything more than the personal information associated with it. The record of games played is data owned by PGI so there is no guarantee that the win/loss and other information for deleted accounts is actually removed. Especially since this information is useful to PGI ... it would be interesting to correlate the data for deleted accounts to see if folks really do quit for having too many losses.

#14 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:03 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 26 July 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

So wait, do these stats mean that the EU players are better than the NA players? :ph34r:

I don't think historical numbers mean anything now.

Since the hitreg fix, I - who have a high ping - have been doing 30% more damage, and often an additional kill per game than I used to.

With such an obviously high impact from the hitreg changes alone, all my historical performance data is invalid.

#15 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:54 AM

:) This is great! Lets go one further and introduce Asian servers as well. I think it could really help the game's population, after all it would be catering to one of the largest hardcore-gaming communities!

#16 Christo Jam

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:37 AM

Hey great news. La France vous aime PGI o/

#17 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:46 PM

Really loving the EU servers, many thanks PGI. This step goes a long way for your fan base :)
Really feeling the excitement in the Mechwarrior flow with these map revamps too. Something simple like crushing tree/lampposts and collision sounds really makes it feel more realistic.

#18 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:06 AM

btw russ, I would like to know the premium accoutn distribution between EU and US, if EUearns 16% more c-bills, maybe thats because they have more palyers with premium time, and/or more mechs with C-bill bonus.

#19 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:56 AM

All systems nominal. NA servers are lagging as hell. Wrong done, pgi ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users