• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

View PostSpudbuddy, on 28 July 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

"IS has strongest frontload damage"
clan weapons do more damage per ton and have more range per weapon and invest less tonnage per hardpoint. This couldn't be more objectively wrong.

Yet neither of those matter, when talking about front loading damage. Where burn duration is what matters.

I'm not going to sit here and debate every point with you, but I'll say this. IS wins the burst damage game most of the time. SImply because we can dump the damage faster. However, this only really works in the short range engagements. Long range engagements are handily in favor of the clans, and anyone that brings up the quarter second difference between the IS ERLL, and the Clan ERLL is an idiot for thinking that really makes much of a difference.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 28 July 2015 - 06:49 PM.

#22 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostSetun, on 28 July 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

Yup. With the exception of a handful of my IS mechs, every single one is built for brawling / medium range skirmishes. My clan mechs on the other hand have a much better capacity for longer range engagements. I still have a number of clan mechs that are brawly, but if I want to brawl, 9 times out of 10 I'm bringing an IS mech to bring the pain.

Yup. At close range, IS heat efficiency, PPFLD, and such handily trounce clans. The problem is, so often IS players allow clans to dictate the range of an engagement, staying at optimal ranges for Clan weapons and peeking and poking. This is where clans win.

Even in the public queues, the key to beating clan mechs is to get in their face, and force an ongoing engagement. Laser vomit is brutally effective at longer ranges, where you can step behind cover and cool, but it's garbage up close where poor heat efficiency costs and extended range is useless.

#23 Spudbuddy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:05 AM

"IS mechs need to fight at close range"
that's the problem
they can't close distance without losing 2-4 mechs before even closing to <270 range where they're in effective weapon range. At that point the fight is already lost.

As I said before, you can come up with all kinds of detached statements trying to justify IS tech weaknesses versus clantech but the wins/losses speak for themselves. IS need to be fixed to be able to defend themselves in community warfare, as it stands they simply cannot. Clans have better brawl builds, and better long range builds.

Edited by Spudbuddy, 29 July 2015 - 11:06 AM.

#24 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostMikex88, on 26 July 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

Speaking of which, if You play mainly LRM boats , certainly you can't see the full potential of any mechs.

FTFY

#25 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:57 PM

View PostSpudbuddy, on 29 July 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

"IS mechs need to fight at close range"
that's the problem
they can't close distance without losing 2-4 mechs before even closing to <270 range where they're in effective weapon range. At that point the fight is already lost.

As I said before, you can come up with all kinds of detached statements trying to justify IS tech weaknesses versus clantech but the wins/losses speak for themselves. IS need to be fixed to be able to defend themselves in community warfare, as it stands they simply cannot. Clans have better brawl builds, and better long range builds.

1- Clans don't have better brawl builds.

2- Learning to use cover is an important skill. Work on that. It's part of the game.

3- Yes, range is a huge advantage, but That really matters on 2 maps in CW (Boreal, and Sulfrous).

Now, if you're talking exclusively about CW, you have no leg to stand on. The side with more numbers wins. No matter the tech. As evidenced by the fact that throughout all of CW 1, and the current CW 2, the only time the clans' borders swell, is when they have the mercs on their side.

#26 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:05 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 04 August 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

1- Clans don't have better brawl builds.

Bro, do you even C-SRM?

#27 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:10 PM

I finally got to test Low Ping play in my Clan ALT today...

I will just put this here...

#28 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:57 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 04 August 2015 - 10:05 PM, said:

Bro, do you even C-SRM?

I do, and while C-SRMs are superior to IS SRMs, that still doesn't mean that clans automatically brawl better, because they have the edge in SRMs.

In response:

Bro, do you even IS ML/MPL?

Fact is, the clans have a few good brawl builds, far fewer than the IS do. Bear in mind, I'm not saying the IS is OP. Just that in brawls, we have an edge.

#29 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:56 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 04 August 2015 - 11:57 PM, said:

I do, and while C-SRMs are superior to IS SRMs, that still doesn't mean that clans automatically brawl better, because they have the edge in SRMs.

In response:

Bro, do you even IS ML/MPL?

Fact is, the clans have a few good brawl builds, far fewer than the IS do. Bear in mind, I'm not saying the IS is OP. Just that in brawls, we have an edge.

Right, because Clans don't have C-ERSLs and C-SPLs?
Same damage as IS MLs and MPLs for half the tonnage, less heat and faster cooldown (at the cost of slight decrease in range and longer (0.1 sec WOW THAT'S A LOT) duration). Only time when IS can even match them is if the mech is quirked to hell and back.

Clans CAN brawl as good, if not better than IS. It's just they don't, because playing peek-a-boo with much higher range and damage weapons is much easier than it is to fight face-to-face.
A peek-a-boo build will lose at short range-in your face brawl, but good luck getting into that range to begin with with your 270 optimal range brawlers...

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 05 August 2015 - 12:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users