Thrustmaster T16000M Left Hand Movement *help*

5 replies to this topic

#1 Handsome Dan

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

I am attempting to bind the Y axis of my T16000m to Throttle Up/Down and use it to control my mechs movement. All of the joystick buttons are detected using the in-game control setup but none of the axis are. So I then used T.A.R.G.E.T to bind the joystick axis to W & S on my keyboard. But it fails to recognize it in any of the tests and in game.

Any support would be greatly appreciated. Window 8.1 64 bit.

Edited by Handsome Dan, 26 July 2015 - 09:48 AM.

#2 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:51 AM

You're seriously handicapping yourself in MWO by using a joystick. Unfortunately the developers felt mouse+keyboard should have a big advantage.

#3 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:19 PM

try in settings>controller>analog throttle> move the stick and see if it is recognized.I use a hotas for throttle but i think some players use a stick for movement.

Edited by Gorantir, 26 July 2015 - 07:21 PM.

#4 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

I have that joystick, and it can be done all within MWO, though I forget exactly how. Don't bind to W and S, analog throttle sounds about right. Make sure to bind jump jets, consumables, targeting, shutdown override, ecm toggle, and whatever other firing groups you have all to the stick. Map heat/night vision and power to the base buttons

And joystick for throttle and turning + mouse for aiming can be very, very effective, especially in lights to stalk behind assaults and make finer movements. Joystick for aiming + keyboard for movement = epic fail though.

Edited by Big Tin Man, 29 July 2015 - 08:43 AM.

#5 Big Bertha 00

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 78 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 26 July 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

You're seriously handicapping yourself in MWO by using a joystick. Unfortunately the developers felt mouse+keyboard should have a big advantage.

If I understand the OP, he's only looking to use joystick in left hand for throttle movements. "Aiming" would still be done by mouse. This is just as effective, if not more so than keyboard, because it allows for analog movements to modulate speed. I use this method and it works great.

#6 R1M10

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 19 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 September 2015 - 07:17 AM

I also use T16000M in left hand to move mech and mouse to aim fire. All is working fine, I must say I had no need to crazy configurations, all easy to be done in MWO settings I just use the 4 buttons on top of it, and forget about the other 12 as not easy to access while playing.
so as said above, in controller settings i simply move my joystick to get it recognized for turn and throttle. To say, configuring the mouse buttons was more difficult.

But more I play more i notice some mechs are better with keyboard, like fast lights ones. I only have 1 assault now and I still like use joystick for that. Raven is crazy with joystick, too fast, better keyboard.

Also to use Joystick you need to have your hand low, compared to the desk, at least with my setup, otherwise your left arm will pain after some time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users