Petition For Mwo To Support Dx 12

51 replies to this topic

Poll: Petition for MWO to support DX 12 (158 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want MWO to add support for DX 12

1. Yes (124 votes [78.48%])

Percentage of vote: 78.48%

2. No (34 votes [21.52%])

Percentage of vote: 21.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:53 PM

Yes or No option you can add why/why not below if you see fit to do so.

Edited by Imperius, 28 July 2015 - 01:25 PM.

#2 DeadDomineus

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

My 200A.D. laptop can't run dx10 un-installing mwo right now,
these cave man hands can't chisel the stone fast enough.

Edited by DeadDomineus, 28 July 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#3 Garou Wolfs Haven

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Indiana

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:06 PM

I voted no. Sure prettier graphics are nice but as you read through the forums there are still game play and balance issues that really are more important. There are far too many games out there that look absolutely stunning that I will never play because the gameplay sucks. I never want MWO to go down that path.

Now for the argument that the graphics and programing teams are somewhat independent of each other... I would rather have more maps instead.

#4 Rebel Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:15 PM

You need to read up on the benifits of dx12 if you think it's just gonna make it look better!

#5 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:19 PM

It's a huge performance increase over DX 11 that is why I linked the tech video and the performance video. One game took 2 engineers 6 weeks to jump from DX 11 to 12.

Edited by Imperius, 28 July 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#6 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

View PostGarou Wolfs Haven, on 28 July 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

I voted no. Sure prettier graphics are nice but as you read through the forums there are still game play and balance issues that really are more important. There are far too many games out there that look absolutely stunning that I will never play because the gameplay sucks. I never want MWO to go down that path.

Now for the argument that the graphics and programing teams are somewhat independent of each other... I would rather have more maps instead.

This post gave me cancer.

Graphics programmers don't make maps.

#7 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:08 PM

This is dumb and a waste of time and money. No.

#8 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.howtogeek...s-it-important/

Laptop Users Rejoice

Microsoft promises that DX12 will run well on lower-end systems, which means laptops and tablets. Both of these computing form factors are known for having less gaming power. Gamers usually aren’t likely to buy a laptop to play games, and more likely to build or buy a larger desktop PC that can support and house the components needed to run games at higher details and frame rates.

DX12 will at least make gaming on lower-end systems more tolerable. It’s still not likely to sell laptops and tablets as primary gaming devices, but at least you can go on vacation or business trips and still enjoy more gaming titles on your laptop.

#9 TheBlackMegadeus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:14 PM

This is awesome and a good use of time and money. Yes.

#10 Bullseye69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:30 PM

OK here it is real simple we need direct x 12, if you want better frame rate more thing happening on screen and Maybe more things to damage then we need it. I was a close beta wave 3 and the maps were better looking looking. At least better than anything execpet the last series of map mining collective, new river city hpg, bog. With direct x 12 the system can do about 250 to 400 % more draw calls which means that those blank screen could now be used without affecting system performance. It means that we could possible have more effects and explosion a whole host of things it all good better performance on lesser hardware is always a good thing. Now they say that to support this they would loose the ability to support widows xp how is anyone running this game with the ram limit that xp had and that old of hardware they need to be running atb least window vista or windows 7. The other argument is it cost money to get windows 10 if your running q legal copy of window 7 or window 8 or 8.1 it free for the first year to upgrade. So at least consider direct x 12 better performance out of your hardware and the ew game will be using it, say mate star wars battlefield and the like. Just a thought.

#11 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:31 PM

Thanks Bullseye69

#12 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:35 PM

Sorry. But No is my vote. The videos are nice, but MechWarrior Online will have to have a total new Engine in order to utilize DX 12. Now, if they do this, it'll have to wait for at least 2-3 years, and by then, this game will have gone dead. It's already starting to head that way. Blizzard, EA, and other game companies, incl. Gaijin, War Gaming, and AW.MY are already leaving Piranha in the dust.

On top of all that. I don't believe PGI is making enough money to cover a new engine, let alone, making a new one. Not even if they go live on Valve's Steam registry. It'll be a miracle if they do. Again, sorry, but there's no chance of them ever utilizing DX 12 at this time till some time before 2020. I just don't see this happening right now or ever til way after 2018.

#13 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

View PostHawk819, on 28 July 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

Sorry. But No is my vote. The videos are nice, but MechWarrior Online will have to have a total new Engine in order to utilize DX 12. Now, if they do this, it'll have to wait for at least 2-3 years, and by then, this game will have gone dead. It's already starting to head that way. Blizzard, EA, and other game companies, incl. Gaijin, War Gaming, and AW.MY are already leaving Piranha in the dust.

On top of all that. I don't believe PGI is making enough money to cover a new engine, let alone, making a new one. Not even if they go live on Valve's Steam registry. It'll be a miracle if they do. Again, sorry, but there's no chance of them ever utilizing DX 12 at this time till some time before 2020. I just don't see this happening right now or ever til way after 2018.

It doesn't require a engine redo.

Edited by Imperius, 28 July 2015 - 04:45 PM.

#14 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

View PostHawk819, on 28 July 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

PGI DOESN'T WRITE CRYENGINE. CRYTEK WRITES CRYENGINE. STOP PRETENDING PGI ACTUALLY PROGRAMS THEY JUST USE CRYTEK TOOLS.

#15 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

I think what this post really showcased was the lack of information many people have on how these techno doohickies work.

EDIT: Also, while I want DX 12 here. Most people don't have the systems to run it.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 28 July 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#16 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:13 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 28 July 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

I think what this post really showcased was the lack of information many people have on how these techno doohickies work.

EDIT: Also, while I want DX 12 here. Most people don't have the systems to run it.

If your card runs DX 11 it can still benefit from 12 and will be supported like DX 9 is to 11.

#17 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:24 PM

bring on 12
performance increases alone would make all the effort worth while

perhaps some day we can finally drop Dx9 completely, it should of never been used in the first place

#18 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:33 AM

points to be made:

1) dx12 is Win 10 exclusive, which means i will vote NO on PRINCIPLE. Exclusieves are bad enoughy when it comes to game being released on this and this but not that platform. When an entire TECHNOLOGY is being made exclusive (hello nVidia physX, hi dx10/11 only on Vista/7, etc) that's atrocious. There is nothing preventing MS from releasing dx12 for 7 as well, but they wanna push their ******** "new OS every 2 years" policy. Seriously, new windows release about as often as Call of Duty games. What the hell.

2) you can't just "add support for dx12" into the game. you need the game negine to support it. and let me tell you, anyone who ever created software bigger than his unviersity project, will tell you that replacing a library for a different one, when software is finished is the most painful and infiuriating work ever. (except for maybe being forced to use non-ANSI sql syntax to produce invalid relations [non-relations?] because client wants it that way)

3) every time they release something like that, it's going to be a revolution. Just like dx10 completely revolutionized gaming on Vista, and AMD Mantle made every game run better. Oh, wait.

So, without hesitation, strong and resounding

Waste of time and effort.

Edited by gloowa, 29 July 2015 - 02:36 AM.

#19 Bullseye69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 454 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:42 AM

The newest version of the cryengine which mechwarrior online could use would be able support direct x 12 but does support windows xp.
One of the reason that Microsoft is giving legal user of 7,8,8.1 free is so the can stop supporting the old is which still cost them money. Windows 8.1 did have a few good things going for it and seems to me to run my game better than 7 by a small margin. Windows 10 is going too be the new PS for laptops tablets and phones as well as desktop PC so unless you like the Mac is or want to wrestle with Linux to get you game to work you really don't have a choice. Before you say no just portion out a space on your hard drive or if you have a second hard drive rthroigh it on it and give it a try. Hardware advance so must the os especially if you want to uase all the core that modern computers have and to make use of you video card to the fullest.

Now as far as pgi ability to make use of direct x 12 that the question. Direct x12 had to be include when and started working on there mantle driver which improved performance so when windows 10 announced what direct x 12 was bring to thew table and stopped developing mantle since direct x 12 could be used on both nvidia and amd. Yes I hate that the game looks worse on some maps than in closed beta but to get game to run good then they had to cut back on the look now 1 Years later they are making it look good again but some people still having trouble running it good. The cryengine is CPU bound direct x 12 is suppose to help with that. Know one saying that they want develop to stop or anything I would love to see everyone playing this on steam and maybe on day Xbox one just so they could get enough money to do the game right and a single. Player too it and maybe a Solaris mode also. Small company and they don't have Chris Roberts money like star citizen has. The new map redisgn is good start.

Edited by Bullseye69, 29 July 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#20 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

If you're a gamer you want DX12
If you have not pirated windows that you're on its free
If you've found yourself without a serial you can just opt to stay in windows insider and still have it for free
Now there's no reason not to update to 10, except stubbornness

Running the preview build has been a breeze for me since half a year

The performance boost for games that are CPU bound can be quite big under DX12
MWO is CPU bound
If you're a gamer with hardware not older than half a decade you want DX12 just for fps boosts sake

If you have any kind of gaming setup that only supports DX9 and still somehow can play this game, well I'm sure you can find a few bucks somewhere to buy a "new" cheap AMD card of more or less resent making just for gaining the fps improvements from DX12

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users