Liao - Davion Aggression

48 replies to this topic

#21 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:24 PM

On behalf of the Federated Suns i hereby declare war on the Capellan Confederation

#22 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:57 AM

Doesn't work that way.

You have to start 'One, two, three, four I declare a Inter-stellar war!'

You've totally jinxed it. Now we CAN'T go to war with Capellans! Davion has traditions. You can't just go doing stuff willy-nilly, it's just not cricket.

#23 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:37 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 August 2015 - 05:57 AM, said:

Doesn't work that way.

You have to start 'One, two, three, four I declare a Inter-stellar war!'

You've totally jinxed it. Now we CAN'T go to war with Capellans! Davion has traditions. You can't just go doing stuff willy-nilly, it's just not cricket.

ok, so: "ONE, Two, Three, FOUR!! I DECLARE AN INTER-STELLAR WAR!!! GOOOOOOOOOOO WINNERS!!!"

Who ever that may be.....btw which Factions are fighting?

#24 Wongdog

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:34 AM

definitely no inter sphere fighting going on here.....

#25 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:42 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 August 2015 - 05:57 AM, said:

Davion has traditions. You can't just go doing stuff willy-nilly, it's just not cricket.

EXACTLY. It doesn't count unless we get invited to the wedding first.

When Sun-Tzu Liao and Isis Marik finally set a wedding date, I'm sure you'll get an engraved invitation.

Until then, all war plans are cancelled!

#26 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:12 PM

Davion aggression you say?

Ha ha ha.

#27 Sabbathiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 381 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives Compact.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:04 AM

Greetings Brethren. I'm Sabbathiel Gor of GDVC and 1st St. Ives Lancers. GDVC was one of the largest units in CC. Under the Chancellor. Long story short we were railroaded. Many of us followed Duchess Candace Liao, and went to St. Ives Compact, Finding they had some good things to offer, Great Mechs, Great Tech, did you know St. Ives has learned over 15% of Clan tech already, from parts and scraps from crushed clan mechs by 1st SIL. We are Liao and support our land and our people. It is our home. and our ancestors rest in that land so we must protect her with ever drop of our blood!

Now we all have a common enemy and need to join forces. defeat the NEW Enemy. maybe this will bring us all closer together in the end.

Fight with Honor Brethren

Sabbs

#28 nemesis271989

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 239 posts
  • LocationDunno

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:57 PM

We need a section of this form "UN" like thing for politics where we can express our worries and concerns.

I believe that House Liao is now stuck in between clan invasion and other Houses aggression.

Liao has lost couple of planets for past few days.

Pro-Liao Players and Mercenaries, stop defending other houses and it is time to take our territory back...
We need to counter attack.

#29 MADMaxLiao

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:48 PM

hmmm.

#30 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:18 PM

I honestly think that all Liao MechWarriors should take my signature to heart -

'Together, we stand.
Together, we Unite,
Together we Triumph.'

What I think right now about Liao (being a loyal Hoiuse Liao supporter and serving His Excellency, House Liao MechWarriors, we need to stop our in-bickering and unite to form a united fighting force and plow through anyone who attempts to invade our borders.

Sure, I understand that there will be some pilots/players who will always complain, no matter what in any given drop/mission, but remember even if one drop/mission goes horribly wrong for us, there are always others where we will go into battle that we should set aside our personal differences (in particular certain units (no names) and pugs of Liao to work together to win the day.

In-match bickering does no good, be if it you die early on in the drop or end up being one of the last alive - just keep your mouth about how some pilots you drop with complain about not being supported or abandoned and start to listen to both voice comms and text comms, as that we Liao MechWarriors can form at least a semi-decent team that listen and follow to order by the veteran pilots of those drops, which, even if we still lose, we will not end up like pigs for the slaughter within 5 minutes into the drop and be able to take down as much enemies, or at least deal as much damage as we can to those we are fighting against.

Voice comms and text comms is important - the Clans use voice comms the majority of the time, so I think that we should focus more on that and actually follow instructions of our veteran Mechwarrior pilots (those who have been playing since open beta first began) to give us a better chance of a victory, instead of just having half the team run off pugging and ignoring the rest of their teammates so we stand a far greater chance of obtaining more victories.
(Of course, I realise this will work more in solo drop rather than CVW Events) but In my opinion, House Liao MechWarriors (myself included, since I have also had the habit of going off without following orders to pug alone every now and then) need a lot more disclipline and training in working together if we are even to remotely show just what our proud and glorious House can do to show our Marik and Steiner allies (and the rest of the IS Houses) that, although we are the smallest of the Great Houses, does not necessarily mean we are the weakest.

Perhaps it is time to plan a coup d'etat and install a new leader of our House, someone who knows what they are doing, since His Excellency's becoming more and more removed from his Realm and letting it fall into chaos.

Even if you do not have TS/TS3 (same thing, is it not?) at least try and use the in-game VOIP feature if you can - it makes all the difference in communication with the rest of the team, instead of wasting precious time using text comms to convey information where the enemy can simply kill you while you are typing).

Ed: additional

Edited by Leif Tanner, 13 October 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#31 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:35 PM

View Postnemesis271989, on 12 October 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

We need a section of this form "UN" like thing for politics where we can express our worries and concerns.

I believe that House Liao is now stuck in between clan invasion and other Houses aggression.

Liao has lost couple of planets for past few days.

Pro-Liao Players and Mercenaries, stop defending other houses and it is time to take our territory back...
We need to counter attack.

I agree, we need to take start concentrating on taking back some of our Worlds, and since we have an alliance with Steiner and Marik, we could get some help from them, and in return, also help out on their borders on the Worlds they own which are under serious threat of falling to the advance.

#32 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostWongdog, on 31 July 2015 - 12:43 AM, said:

Clans teaching peace huhuhuh that will be the day all you mutants know is war, without enemies to hunt you would devour yourselves in a blaze of laser vomit. Yes liao infighting is quite an abundant fuel source atm if only we could bottle it......

Actually..if you pay attention to lore what so ever, the clans are the only ones to restrain war and it's costs so tech and knowledge are not lost. Side stepping, strafing and rear view mirrors are lost tech now because someone blew up all the things when war broke out in the IS. The IS had so much war the clans progenitors got sick of all the war and left to take a break. BattleTech has lost more tech over the course of it's story than the Imperium of Man in WH40k.

The Clans.. though arguably just as big of ******** as the houses, were the only ones to bother making sure war could be fought but no civilians tech or commercial ability taking a hit as a result. As much as yall see the clans as space russia attacking space afghanistan, yall forget the reason the IS is such a sh.t hole in the first place is the IS dun dlcked it up with infighting and no rules of engagement.

#33 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 13 October 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

Actually..if you pay attention to lore what so ever, the clans are the only ones to restrain war and it's costs so tech and knowledge are not lost. Side stepping, strafing and rear view mirrors are lost tech now because someone blew up all the things when war broke out in the IS. The IS had so much war the clans progenitors got sick of all the war and left to take a break. BattleTech has lost more tech over the course of it's story than the Imperium of Man in WH40k.

The Clans.. though arguably just as big of ******** as the houses, were the only ones to bother making sure war could be fought but no civilians tech or commercial ability taking a hit as a result. As much as yall see the clans as space russia attacking space afghanistan, yall forget the reason the IS is such a sh.t hole in the first place is the IS dun dlcked it up with infighting and no rules of engagement.

Which is my point exactly, that ALL the Houses of the IS need to stop their constant bickering and put aside their personal greivances, if only for a little while so that we can be a unified force to beat back you test tube babies, or else we might as well raise the white flag now and hand over Terra without a fight. But sadly, it appears, going by the look of things, there could well be a fifth Succession War before long.

#34 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostMechaNagato, on 04 August 2015 - 09:24 PM, said:

On behalf of the Federated Suns i hereby declare war on the Capellan Confederation

On behalf of the Federated Suns? Coming from a mercenary who is too cowardly to pick a side to commit to, your words mean nothing.
The Fed Suns are nothing and you can be sure, with House Liao's allies of Kurita and Marik, your 'precious' Suns will soon bear the brunt of our coordinated attacks, after we push the Clanners back.

#35 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 13 October 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Which is my point exactly, that ALL the Houses of the IS need to stop their constant bickering and put aside their personal greivances, if only for a little while so that we can be a unified force to beat back you test tube babies, or else we might as well raise the white flag now and hand over Terra without a fight. But sadly, it appears, going by the look of things, there could well be a fifth Succession War before long.

Oh come on. You gotta love the Ghost Bear. Family Oriented Vikings.... IIIN SPAAAAAACE!

#36 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:32 PM

Well, first you have to attack the clanners to push them back. Start there and get back to us when you are done.

#37 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:06 PM

Ed: deleted - full post below.

Edited by Leif Tanner, 13 October 2015 - 04:11 PM.

#38 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

View PostJavin, on 13 October 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

Well, first you have to attack the clanners to push them back. Start there and get back to us when you are done.

One thing I have learned about most of the Clans (budgie smuggers and Jags in particular) is that they push for an indefinite amount of time, but then end up falling back, so I hope the Clans that I face when I return will be the Wolves and Ghost Bears; they are the only Clans that really know how to put up a good fight and are not arrogant and actually congratulate the IS Skittles Teams after a skirmish (if we win or lose).

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 13 October 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Oh come on. You gotta love the Ghost Bear. Family Oriented Vikings.... IIIN SPAAAAAACE!

Well, I give you that, personally speaking, I find the Ghost Bears to be the most honourable of the Invading Clans, followed by the Wolves (well, some of the more respectable units, anyway), while the Jags and budgie smugglers (Falcons) are not even worth thinking of as being honourable.

#39 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:11 PM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 13 October 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Well, I give you that, personally speaking, I find the Ghost Bears to be the most honourable of the Invading Clans, followed by the Wolves (well, some of the more respectable units, anyway), while the Jags and budgie smugglers (Falcons) are not even worth thinking of as being honourable.

Yeah, gotta admit, liked the Smoke Jags because the Jaguar is my favorite big cat. Then I read about them a bit, liked them more.. then read more.. they are basically the biggest ******** in the BT World.

Problem is all the nice clans are not invading except Bear and Wolf, Wolf because they opposed the invaders and lost and Bear because they wanted to make sure things didn't get out of hand.

Screw Jade Falcon though, I swear if the game lore was written in the 2000s, Jade Falcon would be Apple and iTard ****** with a Superiority complex and even MORE raciest as hell.

#40 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:10 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 13 October 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

Yeah, gotta admit, liked the Smoke Jags because the Jaguar is my favorite big cat. Then I read about them a bit, liked them more.. then read more.. they are basically the biggest ******** in the BT World.

Problem is all the nice clans are not invading except Bear and Wolf, Wolf because they opposed the invaders and lost and Bear because they wanted to make sure things didn't get out of hand.

Screw Jade Falcon though, I swear if the game lore was written in the 2000s, Jade Falcon would be Apple and iTard ****** with a Superiority complex and even MORE raciest as hell.

I never was a Smoke Jaguar fan - I was an admirer of Clan Snow Raven, myself (if they were not primarily a naval Clan, then they could have fit nicely into MWO) - but the cats (real) I do not mind. And how they were portrayed when reading about them, I agree 100%; it is a shame that in MWO there can be no Operation Bulldog and Serpent (would take too much programming and no one who plays in CSJ would ever accept leaving their favourite Clan) or I would never leave my computer for that kind of event, to help wipe out an entire Clan. :-p Maybe a Clan Wolverine event could be nice though.... *hint* *hint*

Clans not getting along? If only the Wolves and Bears are invading, then I suggest you and the Jags pay careful attention to your back-border worlds; I think you can expect a major push there soon, if you focus too much of your time on MY Inner Sphere. :-p

LOL completely about the JF's. Why do you think I always refer to them as Clan Budgie Smugglers? :-p No thought about them whatsoever except that image and have to say, the way a lot of their units act,, they certainly should think about re-naming the Clan that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users