48 replies to this topic

#41 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:19 PM

It's true, Lief speaks for the ENTIRE Capellan Confederation.

*sigh*

#42 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:21 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 14 October 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

*sigh*

No, just tired of all this in-House nonsense where IS is fighting each other and not focusing on what the real problem is. Just trying to organise people into hitting back at the true threat right now before going back to petty arguments.

But each their own, if they want to see their own Worlds fall. I will stick with defending Liao and those planets of Marik and Steiner - the rest of you can do as you like in that case.

No more about this from me.

#43 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:02 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 14 October 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

*sigh*

I removed you from my friends list for that comment, because you dispected me with that comment you just posted. I did respect you, for your skills in the battlefield, but if you only want to put me down, then consider our friendship null and void.

#44 WARCRACK

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:35 AM

Leif, you won't see much change in the CW landscape unless PGI gives us a good reason to do it. If you don't like what the units here are doing, then start your own and recruit. If people like what you're selling, then maybe you can unify the faction under your new unit.

But if you want more of the units here to be more involved with CW, you should pester PGI into putting something into CW worth fighting over, as opposed to pestering the players of this house. Right now CW Beta-2 feels really the same as CW Beta-1, giving us all a real "been there, done that" boredom. Plus now the only real difference between the two is that the match zone/type is annoyingly randomized, making CW worse. So the motivation for a real serious CW effort isn't there. Again, "been there, done that," participated in the march with TCAF conquering a deep swath of Davion territory, and the Battle of Tukayyid. I picked most of the Faction Awards that I wanted. I think your time will be better spent complaining to the devs than complaining to the players of this house, or for that matter dogging out players that have been here longer than you have and done more for this faction than you have.

#45 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostMechWarrior752633, on 22 October 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

Leif, you won't see much change in the CW landscape unless PGI gives us a good reason to do it. If you don't like what the units here are doing, then start your own and recruit. If people like what you're selling, then maybe you can unify the faction under your new unit.

But if you want more of the units here to be more involved with CW, you should pester PGI into putting something into CW worth fighting over, as opposed to pestering the players of this house. Right now CW Beta-2 feels really the same as CW Beta-1, giving us all a real "been there, done that" boredom. Plus now the only real difference between the two is that the match zone/type is annoyingly randomized, making CW worse. So the motivation for a real serious CW effort isn't there. Again, "been there, done that," participated in the march with TCAF conquering a deep swath of Davion territory, and the Battle of Tukayyid. I picked most of the Faction Awards that I wanted. I think your time will be better spent complaining to the devs than complaining to the players of this house, or for that matter dogging out players that have been here longer than you have and done more for this faction than you have.

Whats with the ridiculous name change Warcock ?
Were you cloned or PGI found your name too offensive ?

#46 WARCRACK

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:29 AM

Yup, someone reported the name as offensive and PGI changed it. Had to submit three new alternative names for them to vet, still waiting on which one they'll pick.

#47 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

View PostMechWarrior752633, on 26 October 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

Yup, someone reported the name as offensive and PGI changed it. Had to submit three new alternative names for them to vet, still waiting on which one they'll pick.

AHAHAHAHA.. You got REPORTED !!! Hahahahaha !! :wub:

Edit: How about WarROOSTER! That's probably not taken.

Edited by ShinVector, 26 October 2015 - 08:47 AM.

#48 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:51 AM

View PostMechWarrior752633, on 22 October 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

Really? Has CW dropped that much since my absence? That is a shame, I actually enjoyed playing CW events, even though 3/4 of the time we got our rear-ends handed to us :-(

I have my own unit, the Boardwalk Defenders (BwD) but so far have not started any recruitment process, because I am not sure really how to go about it. Of course, I would be the commanding officer, but mostly, I would like to delicate a fair amount of the duties of unit command to an ECX and 3rd in Command (at least least until I get used to playing again, but as for recruiting again, I think I will have to think of some incentives that would make pilots want to join (primarily Liao wariors, but I would not be adversed to some lone star mercenaries, as long as they are loyal and knife the unit in the back) as so often happens with many units in the past in MWO, but what would you suggest, when you mentioning to pester PGI concerning the CW event drops?

And yes, I can understand what you mean about others being here longer than I have, since I have only played about 5-6 months before my computer cut out on me, but that will be rectified in 6-7 weeks when I finally get my new computer capable of playing again, but once I return, I do plan more on focusing on helping House Liao and the Capellan Confederation that i did before, since I was mostly playing just to raise my 'mech tiers levels to get them to at least finish Elite tier (with some now master-tiered)and plan, both in CW events and also solo drops to try and be in teams with other Liao warriors to focus more on the Liao side of things that just fighting willy-nilly on any planet that I am able I drop on.

Also, concerning new names, MechWarior752633, what about a name that makes you is unique and also strikes (psychological) fear into those you go up against, like 'Guardian of the Inner Sphere? I admit, just off the top of my head, but maybe, like I said before, something unique, that takes elements of your play-style, the 'Mechs you use and, if you are in the role of commanding when on the battlefield (CW or solo, it does not matter), just something different, since a lot of players these days in-game tend to go right for the obvious 'MechWarrior (insert numbers here)?

#49 Ingvay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:29 AM

CW by PGI is pretty much dead, most of my unit is doing CW through the MWO-NBT website and just using private que to run the planetary battles.

NBT has created the type of things most players want, sadly PGI might get there in about 2 more years at their current pace.

With PGI CW there is little emersion and ZERO incentive to sit in que waiting for CW drops. Add to that the fact that the 2v2 and 4v4 scouting missions never showed up and it's a sad state of things ATM.

I don't currently have the time to dedicate to do the NBT thing right now. Maybe soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users