Liao - Davion Aggression

48 replies to this topic

#1 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:21 AM

Given that pleasantries (to be polite) have recently failed between the Great House Liao and that od House Davion,, I have noticed that a good deal of time that I see Liao MechWarriors in CW matches, we are always on the defensive against the Clans and, sometimes, other Houses.
What I want toknow is why are we defending them? They are not in our sopace and are not beneficial to us at all? The onlyreason I can see is beecause those planets are the ones with the biggest line-up to play.....,

But still, why dowe all not set aside a specifice day and time when as many Liao MechWarrors can be on-line at once so we can go on the offensive for a change and really carve a chunk out of those Davion slimes? (also trying to negotial alliance with House Marik)

#2 Wongdog

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

Petty infighting between liao units really, lots of bad blood between units, various units tried too rally the liao forces and what happens they get crapped all over and sooner or later the forum post degrades into name calling and accusations which may or may not be justified. (I purposely did not name any units).

#3 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:29 PM

Petty infighting between Liao units is the fuel that powers my 'mechs. Don't ever stop, I'd have to look for a costlier alternative and I need that money for my Arbys trips.

#4 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:41 PM

Infighting...

Petty squabbles...

Personal interests above those of the people...

This is what we came here to iradicate.

This is why you fail.

This is what we will teach you to outgrow..

With our guidance, you will learn... you will grow... you will become the enlightened children od Kerensky.

You will know peace.

Seyla!

#5 Wongdog

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:43 AM

Clans teaching peace huhuhuh that will be the day all you mutants know is war, without enemies to hunt you would devour yourselves in a blaze of laser vomit. Yes liao infighting is quite an abundant fuel source atm if only we could bottle it......

#6 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:30 AM

The age of Sun-Tzu Liao is one of unity for the Inner Sphere. Clearly we are joined with a single purpose. We must defend against the the Clans, so that they are never allowed to threaten the sovereignty of the Capellan Confederation. We will gladly deploy our military forces to support our fellow Houses, if it means preventing the Clans from ever touching a single Capellan world.

If it means that the planets of the Federated Commonwealth must burn to stop the Clans, then that is a sacrifice the Davions will just have to make. We will be behind them the entire time to help them make the hard choices.

Not every House Liao mercenary company supports this line of thinking, but one has only [REDACTED] to see what happens to those who do not embrace Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao's new strategy and doctrines. His honored mother, Romano Liao, kept the Capellan Confederation safe from House Davion after the 4th Succession War. We must now trust the Celestial Wisdom to guide us against the new threat presented by the Clans.

House Liao may never deploy another assault against the planets under Davion control. However, I believe the Chancellor will continue to deploy mercenary forces to better protect the ancestral worlds of House Liao. Moreover, House Davion has deployed an inadequate defense on many of the worlds near our borders and will no doubt thank us as Capellan troops arrive to protect them.

Edited by GI Journalist, 04 August 2015 - 06:42 PM.

#7 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:35 AM

**###[ Communication Redacted]###**

Maskirovka Notication I98-249-Z

Message start: All communication from this channel is restricted under order of the Maskirovka, enquiries about the content of this message will be treated with suspicion.

By direct order of the Celestial Wisdom all speculation and discussion about the former MechWarrior unit HLGK is to cease with immediate effect. Maskirovka agents will investigate all individuals who disobey this edict.

#8 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:32 AM

View PostHeart of Storm, on 03 August 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

**###[ Communication Redacted]###**

Maskirovka Notication I98-249-Z

Message start: All communication from this channel is restricted under order of the Maskirovka, enquiries about the content of this message will be treated with suspicion.

By direct order of the Celestial Wisdom all speculation and discussion about the former MechWarrior unit HLGK is to cease with immediate effect. Maskirovka agents will investigate all individuals who disobey this edict.

Ha! Traitors to the last...sore losers too.
Post in your own forums, vile slithery thing...you are not welcome here.

#9 Jochi Kondur

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:16 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 03 August 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

Ha! Traitors to the last...sore losers too.
Post in your own forums, vile slithery thing...you are not welcome here.

High on drama & malice, zero on humor as usual.

你不來, 我不去。 你和同志來拜訪我們, 我們也應該回個禮。You don't bother us, we don't bother us. If you and your comrades pay us a visit, then it is only proper etiquette that we return the favor.

If you click on the link, you would see that the Clan Liao Dung Rangers paid us a visit first, and they have the audacity to shoo us away from this forum.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4592665

Posted Image

Edited to insert forum URL. Further edited to provide a correct and proper English translation from those crappy online translation tools.

Edited by Jochi Kondur, 04 August 2015 - 11:06 PM.

#10 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:50 PM

View PostWongdog, on 31 July 2015 - 12:43 AM, said:

Clans teaching peace huhuhuh that will be the day all you mutants know is war, without enemies to hunt you would devour yourselves in a blaze of laser vomit. Yes liao infighting is quite an abundant fuel source atm if only we could bottle it......

Yes I have noticed that quite a lot, with people complinin that our forces are sread too far apart.
I remember a week ago, in forestcolony snow, at least 4 people were giving me and two other pilots a hard time because bcause we chose to staay behind and defend our spawn point, wile the rest wet ahead toward their spawn point, but then some had the adacity to cuss us out for not coming to their rescue when we had 4 enemy mechs at our spawn point and one pilot asked why we stayed behind (even though we told them we would hang back gto defend the spaw point i case of a rush... In the end, those of us who stayed at the spawn point in the ap got 3 kills while everyone who carged the enemy base got 0kill kills and they started riding our backs about it until i said asked how much they killed (before they themselves were killed) and they busted our arse claiming we were not helping when tey did nothing whatsoever,ecept get killed within the first five minutes.
Some people really need to learn how to follow instrustions by their tea memebers, but then that is what pug plyers always do - wile and complian when they get killed first hen blame the rest of the team for not even bothering to support them.

... really gets my goodlies.

View PostJochi Kondur, on 03 August 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

High on drama & malice, zero on humor as usual.

你不來, 我不去。 你和同志來拜訪我們, 我們也應該回個禮。

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4592665

Posted Image

Edited to insert forum URL.

You Do realise that this is the Liao forum, so it iws you and your friend who do not belong.

#11 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:25 PM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 04 August 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

You Do realise that this is the Liao forum, so it iws you and your friend who do not belong.

Really?

Drive the point home for us.

#12 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:34 PM

#1:

No forum 'belongs' to anyone here. You want a private forum, you make it somewhere else. Every pug, lone wolf and member of every faction has any and every right to post here as anyone else .

#2:

Please stop with the personal stuff, all you guys. I get there are some hard feelings but this doesn't help. It puts it somewhere that just keeps the wounds fresh. This thread is full of crap that should make several people embarrassed and it's going to get dredged up a year from now to start **** again I'm sure.

Every faction has some drama in it. From experience I would say 'keep it off the public forums'. This is a game, people play it to have fun with other people. Not everyone gets along and that's to be expected but it's like married couples having a screaming match in public while tugging the kids back and forth. Just.... don't.

#13 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:45 PM

Kill All Liao Dirt Farming Peasants This Is My Decree As First Prince.

#14 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:51 PM

If a Davion can declare his love of all things Kuritan....

Posted Image

#15 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 August 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

... it's like married couples having a screaming match in public while tugging the kids back and forth. Just.... don't.

Truth. We don't want any more of this type of thing.

Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in.

View PostGI Journalist, on 04 August 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

If a Davion can declare his love of all things Kuritan....

Posted Image

Because of items like your first post in this thread.

View PostGI Journalist, on 02 August 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

The age of Sun-Tzu Liao is one of unity for the Inner Sphere. Clearly we are joined with a single purpose. We must defend against the the Clans, so that they are never allowed to threaten the sovereignty of the Capellan Confederation. We will gladly deploy our military forces to support our fellow Houses, if it means preventing the Clans from ever touching a single Capellan world.

If it means that the planets of the Federated Commonwealth must burn to stop the Clans, then that is a sacrifice the Davions will just have to make. We will be behind them the entire time to help them make the hard choices.

Not every House Liao mercenary company supports this line of thinking, but one has only to look to the example of the Gatekeepers to see what happens to those who do not embrace Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao's new strategy and doctrines. His honored mother, Romano Liao, kept the Capellan Confederation safe from House Davion after the 4th Succession War. We must now trust the Celestial Wisdom to guide us against the new threat presented by the Clans.

House Liao may never deploy another assault against the planets under Davion control. However, I believe the Chancellor will continue to deploy mercenary forces to better protect the ancestral worlds of House Liao. Moreover, House Davion has deployed an inadequate defense on many of the worlds near our borders and will no doubt thank us as Capellan troops arrive to protect them.

Add to this the bad blood of the past and you can see why.

Edited by Zvolimir the Blackhand, 04 August 2015 - 04:02 PM.

#16 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:28 PM

In describing the decline in open hostilities on the Liao - Davion border, I chose to portray a particular unit as a casualty of changes in Capellan doctrine. This is a public retraction of that opinion, as I would never presume to understand the subtle machinations of the Celestial Wisdom. Only the Chancellor knows the reasons for the public displays of abnegation of a certain mercenary unit accused of crimes in violation of their contract. Facts around the alleged crime are scarce, and may reflect that no Capellan affiliated unit would ever violate the spirit of the Ares Conventions, as established by Aleisha Liao. Nonetheless, such rumors have a way of passing into myth when so little information is given so much scrutiny.

Will Davion aggression continue? Indubitably. It will be hard to bury the enmity of the past. Yet we want them to know that they have nothing to fear from the Capellan defenders who are moving to to protect the planetary marches that are being overtaken by the chaos of the Clans.

Sadly, Davion communication seems to have broken down under the strain of fighting the Clans, so I am concerned not all of their planetary militias will get the message. Spread the word! Our forces are coming to relieve them of the heavy strain they are under. Under the illustrious leadership of Sun-Tzu Liao, misguided Davion zealots who misinterpret our arrival will be dealt with a firm yet humane manner, until peace breaks out.

Finally, through our hard work and perseverance, we can make the Davions understand that the Clans are the real enemy.

#17 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:36 PM

I appreciate mischief's mature post, but don't forget the real issue at hand; all those poor franchisees of Arby's who will lose their businesses if I'm unable to fuel my 'mechs with Liao infighting. Please, think of the curly fries.

#18 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:02 PM

View Postccrider, on 04 August 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

I appreciate mischief's mature post, but don't forget the real issue at hand; all those poor franchisees of Arby's who will lose their businesses if I'm unable to fuel my 'mechs with Liao infighting. Please, think of the curly fries.

It's touching the way you care about this food franchise, despite their disturbing lack of Kung Pao chicken. Nonetheless, before you defend it, you should ask yourself the following question:

If Arby's really cared about you, then why did they kill Hanse Davion?

#19 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:19 PM

Hanse lives on. He just changed his name to William shatner.

"I.....present to you.....the.....Capellans.....Confederation."

(Insert large amount of hand movements for full effect. Also, a green chick.)

#20 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:09 PM

Come on. You have to admire the balls of a guy who offers to give his new bride your entire nation as a wedding present - while your nobles and politicians were present at the celebration.

Arby's didn't kill Hanse Davion - he just had a loving, giving heart and he just gave too much. In fact he gave things he didn't even own.

Died of a broken heart. A true tragedy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users