6 replies to this topic

#1 ZelloStorm

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:18 AM

Hello fellow Mechwarriors,

so I recently upgraded to a R9 390 Nitro and an Acer XG270HU with Freesync to enjoy tear free Mech action :D

But sadly, not only Mechlab seems locked at 60fps (and 60Hz) but also in game I only get 60Hz refresh rate. Vsync is disabled and fps are varying between 45 and 75 but refresh rate stays at 60Hz. I can't get Freesync to work or neither can I bring the refresh rate to 144Hz with Freesync disabled. Both works with other games.

I messed around with CRU and got the refresh rate to 100Hz, but that made the gaming experience even worse and also killed Freesync capability for other games. I had to reinstall the monitor driver and that leaves me stuck at 60 Hz with MWO.

Anyone else running a Freesync capable setup?
Any ideas how to fix this?

#2 ZelloStorm

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:30 AM

Thanks for the reply. So at least there is hope for Freesync and MWO :-)

Yes, the monitor is connected via DP. Freesync seems to work just fine in other games (GTA, Alien), although I currently don't have much time to test or play other games. So it seems I'm stuck only with MWO.

What I observed yesterday is that the refresh rate dropped from 60Hz to 40Hz when fps seemed to drop below 40. Seems like Freesync is working in some way.... Any ideas on that?

What did you do to activate Freesync with your monitor? Just select the checkbox in CCC?

#3 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:29 AM

View PostZelloStorm, on 31 July 2015 - 03:18 AM, said:

Hello fellow Mechwarriors,

so I recently upgraded to a R9 390 Nitro and an Acer XG270HU with Freesync to enjoy tear free Mech action :D

But sadly, not only Mechlab seems locked at 60fps (and 60Hz) but also in game I only get 60Hz refresh rate. Vsync is disabled and fps are varying between 45 and 75 but refresh rate stays at 60Hz. I can't get Freesync to work or neither can I bring the refresh rate to 144Hz with Freesync disabled. Both works with other games.

I messed around with CRU and got the refresh rate to 100Hz, but that made the gaming experience even worse and also killed Freesync capability for other games. I had to reinstall the monitor driver and that leaves me stuck at 60 Hz with MWO.

Anyone else running a Freesync capable setup?
Any ideas how to fix this?

is your vsync on?

#4 ZelloStorm

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:44 AM

Like I wrote in my first post:
"Vsync is disabled and fps are varying between 45 and 75" - I use F9 ingame to show the fps

So I don't think, thats the issue.

But thanks anyway, sometimes the most obvious solution ... is the solution ;-)

#5 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:08 AM

If memory serves me correctly the mech lab was locked to 60fps by the dev team a few years back to stop the cooking of video cards, this happened around the time of the intro of the new mech lab,

Just a thought have you turned the ULPS off and after reading some win10 forums elsewhere it has solved graphics issues for others, ULPS can be enabled/disabled by modifying the registry key

It would also help to know the rest of your system specs.

#6 ZelloStorm

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:21 AM

Update: I can't give a satisfying explanation though, but ... a complete reinstall of MWO solved the problem.

I so do love Freesync with MWO! :D

@Shamous13: Yes you are right. Mechlab is rendered at 60fps and refresh rate is now at 144Hz for me. Ingame the fps are varying of course but Freesync is active now and the refresh rate is adapting like it should.

Thanks again to all of you trying to help out! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users