Dire Wolf Vs Warhawk

4 replies to this topic

#1 SN95Mustang

• Pip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

So I've seen many older posts about this. With the many many updates I've missed in gunna ask what is more utilized the war hawk or dire wolf, I'm going to use them mainly for cw and drop them when crucially needed. Or is it even worth it? I have 3 ebon jags 3 shadow kitties and 3 cheetahs

#2 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

For CW Warhawk is a better option. It is 15 tones lighter and you can fit as much as two of them in a drop while it's impossible to fit more than 1 DWF, also CW involves large battlefield that will mean you have to walk long distances, ad you do not want to limp 2 km in DWF for several minutes.

That said neither is a good option for CW, DWF is a bad option, WHK is a decent one, personally WHK-prime with 4xERPPC is the only WHK I find really pulling its weight but only in Boreal Vault because that map has two qualities that mech loves: long range and cold map, that said two Adders have the same firepower on better quirks and less weight....

Edited by Brizna, 05 August 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#3 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PostSN95Mustang, on 31 July 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

So I've seen many older posts about this. With the many many updates I've missed in gunna ask what is more utilized the war hawk or dire wolf, I'm going to use them mainly for cw and drop them when crucially needed. Or is it even worth it? I have 3 ebon jags 3 shadow kitties and 3 cheetahs

May depend for CW.

Are you part of a Unit? A decently organized one? Ask your CO.

If you solo CW then perhaps the mobility of the Warhawk will help. Warning though, Warhawks have sh*tboxes and are squishier than 85 tonners should be.

Dires in a good position with a good team can BRUTALIZE enemies. But that is 2 conditions needing to be met for them to work well.

#4 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

As said before:

The Warhawk is superior to the Dire Wolf in Community Warfare. The Dire Wolf is automatically considered a priority target, its maneuverability makes it extremely vulnerable in both brawling and sniping(peeking) situations, and its weight prevents you from fully utilizing the rest of your drop deck. You see Warhawks FAR more often in CW than you see Dire Wolves. There's a reason for that.

The Dire Wolf is superior to the Warhawk in standard matches. The firepower it can carry makes up a much larger percentage of your team's total firepower when it is one out of twelve 'Mechs instead of one out of forty-eight. You meet a lot more players who are relatively inexperienced at the game. "Safe spots" from which to engage the enemy are more common and more varied in nature. The Warhawk does have some significant advantages over the Dire, but overall, the Dire's a better performer here.

It should be noted that the difference in agility between the Warhawk and Dire Wolf is so large, that most new-ish players will probably get more on-target firepower by using a Warhawk. Having all the guns in the world won't mean a thing unless you're able to actually use them. The Warhawk moves well enough that you can get to where you need to be at any time. The Dire is more like a walking fortress. You hope the enemy shows up, but if it doesn't, you're stuck doing 200 damage by the end of the match.

Both 'Mechs can do well in standard matches, as they have distinct strengths. If you want to do well in CW, go Warhawk. No ifs ands or buts.

Edited by Bloodweaver, 09 August 2015 - 04:13 PM.

#5 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:20 AM

What if I mentioned that the WHK has a configuration with 2 UAC/10 w/ 6 ton of ammo, 1 erPPC, and a TC1 with full armor, that also has 30% reduced jam chance, 20% reduced ballistic CD, not including weapon modules?

Then I could remind you of the recent buff to AC/10 and UAC/10 ammo that increased the shot capacity per ton by a significant amount.

After that I would reaffirm that the WHK is better for CW because it's faster than the DWF and is 15 tons lighter allowing for some really hard hitting drop decks.

So far in pug queue I've broken 1100 damage in this build. In CW I've hit 1400 during the life of the mech.

Clan mechs + IS level quirks = sweet sweet goodness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users