Which Mech Is The Hardest To Kill?

74 replies to this topic

#61 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:11 PM

View Postpina colada, on 31 August 2015 - 01:23 AM, said:

This is all fine and dandy but using the topography and torso twisting is the end all be all mechwarrior skill. No mech can fix a pilot who doesnt take cover.

I don't think anyone here is under the assumption that pilot skill does not make the most difference, no one needs to tell anyone that. They are just talking about technical stuff as people who like to tinker often do.

#62 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:28 AM

View PostTorezu, on 11 September 2015 - 01:07 AM, said:

You know you can change the weapon groupings in trial mechs, right? The button's enabled in the Mech Lab.

I just threw me off that in the testing ground, it's 2 firing groups and in game, it's all one fire group...

#63 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:36 PM

Surely, the most annoying mech to kill in game is the Centurion/Yen-lo-wang.

You know he's not doing that much damage to you, you know he's not that important to the enemy team, but when he's up close you have to get rid of him, and that takes forever as his CT absorbs alpha after alpha that just magically seem to bounce off. Finally you kill him, but then you look back at your team and they've been decimated while you were distracted, and then it's face palm time.

GAAAAAAAAHHHH!

#64 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:40 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 24 August 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

i just met a pretty good spider (not sure if it was one pilot or not) in a couple of recent games...

You mean the spider is so good that you suspect there is more than one pilot in the cockpit?!!! :o :o :o

#65 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 08 November 2015 - 04:09 PM

Mauler seems pretty rugged, good loadouts.

#66 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:20 AM

I've found my standard engine Crabs to be very durable. Being KO'd before losing both side torsos is a very rare occurrence.

Last game I was tracking down the final enemy Raven with my team as a head, CT, two legs and 3 ml's. The game before when my CT was destroyed all that remained was a head and an unarmored right leg.

#67 stuh42l

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:34 AM

A good locust pilot is arguably the hardest to get rid of.

#68 DaveRatters

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 03 October 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

You know he's not doing that much damage to you, you know he's not that important to the enemy team, but when he's up close you have to get rid of him, and that takes forever as his CT absorbs alpha after alpha that just magically seem to bounce off. Finally you kill him, but then you look back at your team and they've been decimated while you were distracted, and then it's face palm time.

GAAAAAAAAHHHH!

I loved my Cents - haven't played them for a while.

The other day I was on Mining Collective in my EBJ when a Cent AH sneaked up from behind and gave me a nasty surprise - I whirled round and for once had enough presence of mind to hit his right arm with a full alpha (54 - 2LPL 4ERML) - hacked off his AC20 - however he had enough presence of mind to continue and pummel me with his 3SRM4s - and as you point out I just couldn't land enough damage on him to kill him on ST/CT/HD - so it was curtains for me!

Centurions - gotta love 'em!

#69 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:17 PM

View PostDanth Reduviid, on 10 November 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

I've found my standard engine Crabs to be very durable. Being KO'd before losing both side torsos is a very rare occurrence.

Last game I was tracking down the final enemy Raven with my team as a head, CT, two legs and 3 ml's. The game before when my CT was destroyed all that remained was a head and an unarmored right leg.

True dat. The Crab is a tank's DREAM in this game. Losing both side torsos, one leg, and having internal structure on both the CT and the one remaining leg go all the way down to orange, is the norm for me on this 'Mech. It's incredibly durable. I almost feel like I've unlocked godmode sometimes...

#70 Rezonus

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:22 PM

The Atlas is the hardest to kill, as you know you can easily kill a mech by hitting the cockpit, The Atlas has the smallest cockpit in the game even at point blank range you can miss it.

#71 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:54 PM

Fellow MechWarriors please remember the following:

In a Light mech, Speed = LIFE and Armor = insurance.
In the other weight classes speed is less of a factor. "Pilot skill" and positioning are more important, as the weight of the Mech increases.

View Poststuh42l, on 22 November 2015 - 12:34 AM, said:

A good locust pilot is arguably the hardest to get rid of.

Looks like someone have met Mongo71 and his Locust of Doom

#72 Locked

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:06 AM

View PostMad Ox, on 24 August 2015 - 06:28 AM, said:

The one piloted by the better pilot.

^ this i believe

#73 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:10 AM

nice answers but all this changed the last patch.

the new hardest to kill mechs are marauder and atlas

#74 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:07 AM

Some of the recent arrivals are high on this list.

Of all the mechs I've piloted, the STD-engined Crab is a standout. It routinely gets reduced to a stick before going down. Also, the flat-lying torso and the huge legs mean that some of the shots intended for your torso actually land on your legs. All that combined means that you can tank a crazy amount of damage before your CT goes (and keep firing 3 ML/MPL to the bitter end).

There's a surprising number of people running Wolfhounds on STD engines, and if you do that, they have a similar thing going on.

I haven't piloted them myself, but based on experience of trying to take them down the Marauder seems to have similar geometric benefits as the Crab. (Again, that's with STD engines -- the Crab is a deathtrap with an XL engine, and XL-engined MADs sure seem easy to take down as well.)

#75 Elder Thorn

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:36 AM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 03 October 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

GAAAAAAAAHHHH!

go for the legs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users