Having Duo In The Group Queue Has Killed Mwo For Me.

131 replies to this topic

#41 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:06 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 01 August 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

I would love for duo queues to be launched into either group or solo queue. It may provide better matchmaking for all honestly...

Actually scratch that, a full on SINGLE QUEUE where everybody is pooled no matter the group size I think would be the best benefit...yes it may suck if you get on against a full 12 man, HOWEVER, across the board it may improve elo matching as a whole.

We used to have a single queue. But teamwork was decried as extremely OP. :o

I would love for solos to be allowed in the group queue. :D

Edited by Mystere, 01 August 2015 - 11:16 PM.

#42 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:19 PM

PGI still needs to find a creative way-or system to prevent sync dropping (granted it's hard) and abuse.

Perhaps like some LINK technology where you as a player can create a link between a two players for XX time. After that there's a cooldown period of one day and and the linked player must reach his goal of mech XP before you can make another link again to play together with a slight increase of earnings to make playing together worthwhile. Introduce a couple of XP stages with matches where you about on your own because you have to reach your XP goal first. It's a great mix of fighting on your own and together to gain experience you need. Where about the singular matches are basically 'tests'.

There should always be some kind of negative side. (Reach goal XP to make another link, like stages) But the plus sides should outside the negatives.

This is a idea i came up which i like and should be do-able without being much work involved.

This would prevent alternative accounts being leveled together or abuse from our current system if the ques are not getting splitted up.

I can make a graphic out of it how it can looks like for anyone interestes if you don't understand what i am talking about.

Edited by Sarlic, 01 August 2015 - 11:23 PM.

#43 WhiteRabbit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 377 posts
  • Locationover there

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:23 PM

oh look it's that topic again...i do love me my classics :D

just one thought....could it be that the solo q is more balanced (at least that's what the OP says) precisely because there are no groups that screw with the MM (just think about groups with really good and really bad people mixed together).
btw. even syncdropping isn't as brutal for the MM to balance as a group with big skill gaps.

disclaimer: all of that under the assumption that the MM actually works

#44 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:29 PM

View PostSarlic, on 01 August 2015 - 11:19 PM, said:

PGI still needs to find a creative way-or system to prevent sync dropping (granted it's hard) and abuse.

I really do not believe that the problem is that big to warrant PGI spending precious time better spent working on something else.

#45 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:35 PM

View PostMystere, on 01 August 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

I really do not believe that the problem is that big to warrant PGI spending precious time better spent working on something else.

I'm forced to agree with Mystere on this one...Unless you live in a mud hut, this is a non-issue.

#46 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:36 PM

Singles only in solo queue!

I will concede that all mechs should have double heat sinks in this game. The only time people use singles is if they are just trying to get Basics on a variant.

#47 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:42 PM

View PostKodyn, on 01 August 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

I'm forced to agree with Mystere on this one...Unless you live in a mud hut, this is a non-issue.

Well its a valid topic for 2 man groups.... That 2 mans are stuck in group queue so that queue works at all is the big complaint I think. Would 2 mans hurt the regular queue? Not likely. At least excluding any other factors such as synch dropping or disconnects.

Would all the players in 2 man groups prefer to be in the solo queue? Well not 100% thats for sure, but some would like to be.

Edited by Johnny Z, 01 August 2015 - 11:43 PM.

#48 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:47 PM

View PostMystere, on 01 August 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

It's not something to underestimate. It's not about sync dropping or abusing alone. It could also be applied to new player experience.

It's not a non issue at all. Just an idea regarding the new player experience as well.

#49 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:48 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 01 August 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

Well its a valid topic for 2 man groups.... That 2 mans are stuck in group queue so that queue works at all is the big complaint I think. Would 2 mans hurt the regular queue? Not likely. At least excluding any other factors such as synch dropping or disconnects.

Would all the players in 2 man groups prefer to be in the solo queue? Well not 100% thats for sure, but some would like to be.

Allowing solos in the group queue can easily fix that particular problem.

#50 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:52 PM

I'm saying sync being abused is a non-issue, because trust me, I've tried it, and it's difficult to achieve.

There's no need for PGI to devote time or resources to try and stop something that isn't capable of being easily abused. Yes, a large unit can manage, through comms, to sync up any number of players and might even get lucky enough for some to end up in the same matches..and sometimes even on the same team. More often than not though, it's wasted effort on the syncers' part. That's all I was referring to, it was a tangent from the original argument.

#51 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:53 PM

View PostMystere, on 01 August 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

Allowing solos in the group queue can easily fix that particular problem.

A good point. How well it would work is another issue. But an excellent point.

The issue of synch dropping is the single biggest problem in Mechwarrior Online at the moment. It is abused daily and in massive ways on the Galaxy map. Loyalty farming is completely off the leash. Completely bad scene and it is cheating..... Anyway the galaxy map is in beta in every way at the moment....

What if anything should be done about it is beyond me. I like the idea of leaving it as is and letting it work itself out via the sim.

The only problem with this is a bunch of high ranked cheaters in many factions especially the Clan factions after it leaves beta...

Oh that synch dropping is a problem is proven when entire lances of green disconnected mechs are dropping on the Inner Sphere side....

Edited by Johnny Z, 01 August 2015 - 11:59 PM.

#52 Sovery_Simple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:59 PM

Simple issue, as always, is allow the players options. Since now we apparently "don't care" about fracturing the community (see: different servers now, who really wants to play at a ping disadvantage?) we can now allow for single players, and for groups of two (not three, not four) to select a toggle in their match type selection. They will see an option to enter "solo queue" or "group queue" (or be able to toggle both for the fastest match.)

The "dying" of group queue from what few duo's exist will be shadowed by the influx of solo players seeking the fastest match possible.

Possibly :3

Plus since pgi has a lot of folks working on a lot of different things, just corner an intern or two and have them make the changes. I mean, something breaks with each patch anyways, right?

#53 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:04 AM

Have I mentioned before that out of the 12 mechs on the Inner Sphere side, 4 were disconnected, and 1 was banned...... That leaves a total of 7 out of the 12 positions on the Inner sphere side that was uneffected by this situation..... Unless of course more on the Inner Sphere side were banned in that match....

Brutal situations with synch drops going on.

#54 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:06 AM

I didn't realize people were using sync dropping in CW, because I did the beta, put my time in, now I only do CW if I absolutely have to, otherwise I avoid it like the plague, so I may be out of touch.

I still don't think it's that easy to do, except for apparently in CW, which makes total sense...when you know no one else is on, it's a hell of a lot easier to sync up and actually get in matches with one another.

That's not really a cheating issue, that's a CW population issue. If CW were actually active, it would be just as difficult to achieve as it is in the solo and group queues. So all I can really offer there is that I hope they finish CW someday and make it worth people's time?

#55 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:07 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 01 August 2015 - 11:53 PM, said:

The issue of synch dropping is the single biggest problem in Mechwarrior Online at the moment. It is abused daily and in massive ways on the Galaxy map. Loyalty farming is completely off the leash. Completely bad scene and it is cheating..... Anyway the galaxy map is in beta in every way at the moment....

What are you talking about? Please explain because there is no such thing as sync dropping in CW.

#56 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:10 AM

View PostMystere, on 02 August 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

What are you talking about? Please explain because there is no such thing as sync dropping in CW.

Only funny a little bit. :)

#57 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:16 AM

I can guess how it's done, just seems like the absolute height of boredom to bother with, however. It's likely all players who've done everything else they care to do in the game, and now only have LP rewards to strive for. So whether it's a big issue or just a few randoms that a few people have run into, I can understand why it's occurring. No opponents in CW at their time of day to farm LP off of? They decide be their own opponents, at least get a win out of it.

Again, if in fact this is happening, it's a CW issue, more than anything. If CW mattered or had more to it, few to zero people would bother with this kinda thing.

#58 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:22 AM

View PostKodyn, on 02 August 2015 - 12:16 AM, said:

I can guess how it's done, just seems like the absolute height of boredom to bother with, however. It's likely all players who've done everything else they care to do in the game, and now only have LP rewards to strive for. So whether it's a big issue or just a few randoms that a few people have run into, I can understand why it's occurring. No opponents in CW at their time of day to farm LP off of? They decide be their own opponents, at least get a win out of it.

Again, if in fact this is happening, it's a CW issue, more than anything. If CW mattered or had more to it, few to zero people would bother with this kinda thing.

The whole thing is in beta yes. It will be interesting how the issues with regular queue and group queue and group sizes and everything else will play into it all.

#59 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:28 AM

I play in pug all the time and

It's exactly the same as I remember it - you either totally roll the other team or you're the team being rolled.

Now, I thing a solution is this: give me 100500 mc and buff x-5 that I like to play. Yes, definitely, that is a solution.

Edited by Viges, 02 August 2015 - 12:28 AM.

#60 JP Josh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • Locationsteam- jp josh

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:17 AM

i dunno about you guys but premade vs pug was funnest for me...

as a pug

"**** we are up against premade"

"everyone single file run tword base do not stop"

we cap and won.

and on the flip side when jehnys platoon played the game we all dropped in atlases..... flamer, mg's, and srm-2's only to see if we could get any kills... and then the game after that we all went splatter cat..... then taco got a great idea of doing lrm20 cat spam with 2 small lazers.... that round ended with only one enemy mech turned yellow and lots of friendly fire involved. (lrms did .01 dmg per missile during this patch)

Edited by JP Josh, 02 August 2015 - 01:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users