Scores Harder To Get During Events?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Straph

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

Something I notice shortly after the event is over. It's much easier to get a 30 score than during the event. Example would be 1 kill with 100 damage granted me a score of 30 after the event. While 1 kill 3 assists and 175 damage would grant me 30 score during the event.

Seeing as I'm new and only have 1 light mech getting 30 points was a feat in itself during the event. After the event it's actually pretty simple. I didn't magically get better in 1 week of play, and I've been using the same setup since I started the event, and after.

The below questions are for me to better understand scores, and events. I like winning stuff, I dislike not understanding how to win stuff due to rules being vague and not in plain sight.

Did MWO increase the amount of damage, kills, and assists required to get score points during the event?

If so why would they do this?

Is there a formula for scores?

If yes, is there a different formula for each map?

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:56 PM

No, score formula does not change. It does incorporate a lot of things, like whether you get Kill Most Damage, or Saviour Kill or "Protected Medium" and such. All of these things can very greatly from match to match.

Score formula is not public. Though we can expect it to be analogous to the C-Bill/XP rewards. There is a table here that gives you an idea: http://mwomercs.com/...tch-notes-13345

Details on how each of those is earned and such here: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3837905

Edited by Tarogato, 01 August 2015 - 10:57 PM.

#3 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:11 AM

It's mainly because the community tend to play like idiots during events, truly.

It's the same on weekends, as events, people play like spazzes, affecting the whole team, then it goes back to normal on mondays like a switch was flipped. Every time an event ends, suddenly gameplay improves.

It's one of the few issues with this game that's entirely and completely us, the players.

#4 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

Just wait until there are leader board tournaments for individual placement on specific mechs, chassis, or weight class. These challenges are one thing, but those tournament weekends play stiles totally change.

Some times I just buck the madness and bring an ECM mech or a mech with two AMS with 3 or 4 tons of ammo.

I see it on how many times I am team killed, and the player running the direwolf says then you should have not been between me and the target. The problem with that was, I blew off two arms, one torso and legged it right before 6 uac 5's nailed me in the back.

These challenge weeks or weekends I have to gauge how to play by seeing how bad the I can not get hit so run mentality is.

#5 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:24 AM

One reason is many play the event, which emans they play a lot less their funbuilds and more the had ones.
The other is events stream inplayes that don't play often, which means a lot derp is happening in Pugland.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users