General BattleMechs Mode

52 replies to this topic

#1 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:58 PM

So I remember in the first days of CW hearing rumors about costs of dropships, equipment, ect. but that's been ohhhh... what, about 8 months ago? I don't think I've seen anything since, though.

I realize that the game mode is still in a "beta" state, but is there any update on this or the future of cbills in CW, or is it the Auto Detect (NO) placeholder kind of thing that will get to... I dunno, soon?

Appreciate it in advance.

#2 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:22 PM

Currently the sole purpose of your unit bank account is to pay the fine for breaking a contract before it's completed. I'd love it if it were possible to useful things with unit coffers such as purchasing unit-owned mechs and equipment (for loan to new unit members to try etc.) but for now there's no point whatsoever for anyone to contribute to it.

#3 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

^What he said, zero purpose as of right now.

#4 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:46 PM

Wrong, there is a purpose to filling your unit coffers.

CW Phase 3 is supposed to introduce new functionality for Merc and Loyalist units, including the actual use of the coffers to supplement the individual warriors personal C-Bill bank account.

So the more you put into the coffers now, the more you'll be able to use it when you're able to actually draw from the coffers.

#5 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 02 August 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

CW Phase 3 is supposed to introduce new functionality for Merc and Loyalist units, including the actual use of the coffers to supplement the individual warriors personal C-Bill bank account.

So the more you put into the coffers now, the more you'll be able to use it when you're able to actually draw from the coffers.

I don't personally find it wise to lock CBills away someplace controlled by others on a supposition, that might be coming at some point, if, if, if, etc..

Your CBills, your call, if you got 'em to burn, but I still don't think that qualifies as definite foreknowledge of anything.

#6 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:10 PM

View PostAlan Davion, on 02 August 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

Yep.

Also as a guess there will be some serious credit sinks added to the game for unit coffers at some point in the future. Dropship and possibly jumpship fees seem likely. Purchasing dropships? Planetary rebuilding?

Edited by Johnny Z, 02 August 2015 - 05:11 PM.

#7 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 02 August 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

Yep.

Also as a guess there will be some serious credit sinks added to the game for unit coffers at some point in the future. Dropship and possibly jumpship fees seem likely. Purchasing dropships? Planetary rebuilding?

What? another credit sink? Have all these folks who want something to do with c-bills for units applied modules to all there mechs? Or are they just module jugglers?

The only thing atm adding uses for unit c-bills would be to pander to big units desires.

I can see a lot more useful and meaningful things to be done for CW than pander to a small % of units who still bother playing CW when the majority of Cw players infd it dull and lacking of substance to be worth even bothering to drop.

Flesh CW out more and give it purpose before pandering to whingy units that feel entitled.

#8 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:09 PM

It would be a great idea if unit coffers could buy mechs for the unit. These mechs could be customized like normal, and then left in the unit gearbay. Anyone in the unit, when dropping CW (or heck, regular matches, too!) could select one of the unit mechs instead of one of their own. This mech gets locked out from others when in use.

It would be a good reason for a unit to buy multiples of the same mech - you could then have new players be given a fully kitted mech on loan for their matches. You could also select to have consumables refilled from unit coffers, so the newer players wouldn't be as worried about the terrible cbill grind if they try to help their team out with a UAV.

Great idea, Wulfrick!

#9 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:25 PM

Current focus is on moar mechs and map changes.

I'd love it if we could plop down static defenses and all the freakin tanks, choppers etc that are omitted but so prevalent in TT.

Call me old school, but I'd like some more battletech in my MWO.

#10 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:59 PM

View PostHades Trooper, on 02 August 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

What? another credit sink? Have all these folks who want something to do with c-bills for units applied modules to all there mechs? Or are they just module jugglers?

The only thing atm adding uses for unit c-bills would be to pander to big units desires.

I can see a lot more useful and meaningful things to be done for CW than pander to a small % of units who still bother playing CW when the majority of Cw players infd it dull and lacking of substance to be worth even bothering to drop.

Flesh CW out more and give it purpose before pandering to whingy units that feel entitled.

No ones going to argue with you here. Because your right the whole thing is in beta and needs alot of additons and work. On the other hand some players have alot of fully outfitted mechs and have 100's of millions of creds doing nothing, with nothing to even think about using them on.

Modules/modifications shouldnt be considered top level content since players can get those in relatively short amounts of play time. A player with fully outfitted hero mech and premium time can get those in no time at all. Some content for premium players needs to be added. Some content for units to work towards is what this game needs also not mention the rivalry between units isnt really in game yet either. Large topic...

Really this game needs repair and rearm and dropship fees and all sorts of stuff long term. But not just in game "taxes" but actual content of some sort, relating to the sim hopefully. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 02 August 2015 - 10:06 PM.

#11 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:08 AM

View PostDino Might, on 02 August 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

It would be a great idea if unit coffers could buy mechs for the unit. These mechs could be customized like normal, and then left in the unit gearbay. Anyone in the unit, when dropping CW (or heck, regular matches, too!) could select one of the unit mechs instead of one of their own. This mech gets locked out from others when in use.

It would be a good reason for a unit to buy multiples of the same mech - you could then have new players be given a fully kitted mech on loan for their matches. You could also select to have consumables refilled from unit coffers, so the newer players wouldn't be as worried about the terrible cbill grind if they try to help their team out with a UAV.

Great idea, Wulfrick!

I was thinking the same thing, allowing units to create a custom 'Trial mech' that members of the unit can use. They can even paint it with MC camo/colors so it'll look like a pretty trial mech. The restriction that 1 person can use it at a time would be a good reason for units to buy more of these things.

It could also help the unit test out new mech builds if they are trying things out for strats since not everyone might have the same mech on hand.

#12 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:23 AM

The ideas for using funds for Unit mechs are awesome, I really hope someone at PGI gets wind of it.

I know it would help mid-size to large units a lot when it comes to cadets who want to learn/get into CW but might be a ways away from owning a personal drop deck. On top of this, they could have a lot of other applications...for instance, AW has RP events and campaigns utilizing stock mechs, etc, and those are another set of mechs we'd likely have loaded up and ready to go in the "Unit Hangar".

#13 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:32 AM

This game has to many pointless things or under utilized might be a better term. There should be some kind of economy.

At this point I just want something sustainable. TDM is boring as F these days after 3 years of the same thing.

#14 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 03 August 2015 - 01:32 AM, said:

This game has to many pointless things or under utilized might be a better term. There should be some kind of economy.

At this point I just want something sustainable. TDM is boring as F these days after 3 years of the same thing.

Hope it gets a point soon. ML Coffer is brimming with C-Bills, and nothing to spend them on so far.

#15 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:15 AM

Ok, here's another idea to augment.

The unit coffers buys mechs and equipment, but only mechs can be checked out by unit members, no equipment borrowing. These mechs are subject to repair and rearm costs, ala closed beta. These costs come out of the unit coffers.

Units should be able to control what members can check out what mech. So if you have a brand new recruit, you might not want him taking out the gold plated 50M cbill mech on his first run.

Units should also be able to set limits on accrued cost - unit member cannot check out some or all mechs if he has negatively affected coffer balance by more than X cbills. This could be set up to prevent a troll joining a unit and purposely draining their coffers with the repair/rearm costs. So each member gets a running tally of contributions vs costs to display what their net effect is on the unit coffer, and this is visible to the unit leader, who makes decisions on who can use what, and what threshholds are set for unlocking unit mechs.

All of this gives a much needed cbill sink, and it provides reason for experienced members to be contributing to the coffers on a regular basis (gotta maintain all the equipment, not just buy once and done).

Edited by Dino Might, 03 August 2015 - 07:16 AM.

#16 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:47 AM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 02 August 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

So I remember in the first days of CW hearing rumors about costs of dropships, equipment, ect. but that's been ohhhh... what, about 8 months ago? I don't think I've seen anything since, though.

I realize that the game mode is still in a "beta" state, but is there any update on this or the future of cbills in CW, or is it the Auto Detect (NO) placeholder kind of thing that will get to... I dunno, soon?

Appreciate it in advance.

Soon™

#17 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostDino Might, on 03 August 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

Ok, here's another idea to augment.

The unit coffers buys mechs and equipment, but only mechs can be checked out by unit members, no equipment borrowing. These mechs are subject to repair and rearm costs, ala closed beta. These costs come out of the unit coffers.

Units should be able to control what members can check out what mech. So if you have a brand new recruit, you might not want him taking out the gold plated 50M cbill mech on his first run.

Units should also be able to set limits on accrued cost - unit member cannot check out some or all mechs if he has negatively affected coffer balance by more than X cbills. This could be set up to prevent a troll joining a unit and purposely draining their coffers with the repair/rearm costs. So each member gets a running tally of contributions vs costs to display what their net effect is on the unit coffer, and this is visible to the unit leader, who makes decisions on who can use what, and what threshholds are set for unlocking unit mechs.

All of this gives a much needed cbill sink, and it provides reason for experienced members to be contributing to the coffers on a regular basis (gotta maintain all the equipment, not just buy once and done).

Excellent idea. To develop it a little further, it should be possible to assign an attribute to a "loan" mech whereby a proportion of the earnings from that chassis are automatically directed to the unit coffers, after which the remainder can be kept by the individual mechwarrior.

I do like the idea of re-introducing repair & re-arm, on a limited basis.

#18 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:22 PM

View Postcdlord, on 03 August 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

Soon™

The only answer that can be given both in a finished MMO AND a game in Beta state that is considered an acceptable answer by the community! It never gets old.

#19 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:35 PM

the last thing units need is more advantages over pugs

IMO they should just remove the unit coffer because it serves no real purpose.

#20 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,949 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:46 PM

What would be nice is for the General of the unit to be able to distribute it to members.

Say 1 guy needs a mech for his CW deck, it would be up to the leader of the unit to give him xxx $ to be put into any member of that unit's personal bank.

And everyone in the unit can chip in.

Edited by Mister D, 03 August 2015 - 11:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users