18 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:16 PM

Ok, let us go back in time and remember the walking trashcan that could when it got released to us. I figured, what the heck, I'll go ahead and sell the rest and keep the UM-R63(S). Thinking that I will have a chance to purchase the others when the C-bill/MC versions hit the game store. Lo, and Behold, that has not happened, and I figure it never will in this century.

So I broke down and bought the standard package from the Gift Shop, and with it, get a code to redeem. Alas, this is true. . . I got the code, however. . .

"You cannot redeem this code as it would DOWNGRADE your package level"

I have only but one question: What the Heck does that even mean?!

Has anyone else gotten this? Cause now I am PO'ed!

Edited by Hawk819, 02 August 2015 - 09:17 PM.

#2 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:29 PM

So you bought the collectors package, sold the mechs, and bought a standard package and it's saying it's going to be a downgrade? You should probably talk to support@mwomercs.com or accounts@mwomercs.com

Edit:
Sorry, the more I read your post the more I get confused. Did you previously own urbanmechs, and then sold them, but only kept one?
The rest of your post suggests that you never owned any and were waiting to buy the mechs with C-bills when it came out...
So... maybe you were thinking about buying a pack, and selling off all mechs but the (s). So now, after you bought the pack, you can't redeem it (even though you never owned a package in the past)?

The only way to get the downgrade message is if you own the Collectors pack and are trying to redeem a Standard pack gift code.

I'm so lost.
If you go here:
https://mwomercs.com/urbanmech, does it look like this?
Posted Image

and if you go to https://mwomercs.com/profile/preorders, do you see this in there somewhere?
Posted Image

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 02 August 2015 - 09:42 PM.

#3 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:59 PM

No, I bought the full package, sold all the rest and kept the UM-R63(S), and resolved to get the others when they released for MC and C-bills. I've already sent in a ticket. And no, it doesn't look that way in the pictures to me when I go in the Gift shop.

I thought buying a standard package would net me the standard versions I sold. I guess I'll ask for a refund.

#4 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:08 PM

View PostHawk819, on 02 August 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

No, I bought the full package, sold all the rest and kept the UM-R63(S), and resolved to get the others when they released for MC and C-bills. I've already sent in a ticket. And no, it doesn't look that way in the pictures to me when I go in the Gift shop.

I thought buying a standard package would net me the standard versions I sold. I guess I'll ask for a refund.

Oh I see okay. Yeah. That makes sense then. I'm sure support will understand and correct it.

Just so you're aware for next time, in the gift package disclaimer thing it says,

Please note that if the Giftee has a higher tier Package than what is being offered by the Gift Code, the Gift Code will not be consumed.

In your case though, I find it interesting that PGI still doesn't allow you to apply a package, because even though you sold the mechs, you want them again. And stopping someone from applying a package, say for this exact purpose, or simply for wanting more mechs, seems kind of odd.
Maybe support could still apply the mechs to your account if you want that. I dunno. But anyways, good luck!

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 02 August 2015 - 10:09 PM.

#5 TheCharlatan

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:52 PM

Contact support they should solve this one easily.

Anyway, YOU SOLD YOUR URBIES?
SHAME SHAME SHAME! *DING*

#6 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:58 PM

shame, you bought again the standard pack.

But support is nice, i think they will refund your 20$ , and "injected" the 3 standard variants again to your account (eaqch variant sell only for 289k cbills, so pls, dont do that again)

selling urbies is a crime anyway... :)

#7 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:06 PM

:blink:

#8 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:23 AM

Well , i spent $20 for nothing.

#9 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:18 AM

View PostHawk819, on 03 August 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

Well, you can always do some contest/giveaway for it.
I already have the Urbanmechs, so i'm not asking for myself. :lol:
HONEST

I'm sure there are people that would love it though.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 03 August 2015 - 10:19 AM.

#10 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:08 PM

support deny ?

#11 Darlith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

Wish it would go on sale for cbills, I want to buy them, but all my money is tied up for awhile in paying off things.

#12 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:50 PM

I guess since you saved the only 'mech that is unique to the Collector's Pack, the game takes that as you still owning that pack.

It's kind of a bum deal though, because the Collector's Pack actually contains four Urbies, not three; UM-R63(S), UM-R63, UM-R60L, UM-R60.

But I guess the game keeps track of which packs you have, and since you once had the full Collector's Pack, it won't let you "downgrade" - even though it in your specific case would not be a downgrade.

#13 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:56 AM

Sounds to me like its about time for them to release them for CBills and MC... why haven't they already by now?

Q: Will the UrbanMech be available for MC or C-Bill purchase in-game at a future date?

A: We don't have any information on future in-game availability at this time.

#14 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:44 AM

I'm not sure why you sold mechs under nothing more than an assumption that they will be available later for C-Bills. I think I would have held onto them until I knew for sure.

Anyway, I can't see why support couldn't help you. If you bought a $20 pack again, you are still owed $20 of content...again. I know you said you said $20 for nothing but did you contact them yet? Did they say no, or have you just not heard back yet.

They better not say no if you purchased another $20 worth of mechs, you are owed them as far as I am concerned.

In any case I think we learned 2 things.

A: Don't make assumptions about content availability without knowing the facts.

B: If you do sell content you want to repurchase, it might be better to contact support FIRST before putting money on the line. Let support tell you how to go about getting that content back before spend money and get stymied by a flawed purchasing system.

#15 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:51 AM

the Urbie FAQ said they have no plans on releasing it for cbills/MC.

#16 D34DMetal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts
  • Locationin a Mad Cat duh...

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:10 AM

View PostHawk819, on 02 August 2015 - 09:16 PM, said:

Ok, let us go back in time and remember the walking trashcan that could when it got released to us. I figured, what the heck, I'll go ahead and sell the rest and keep the UM-R63(S). Thinking that I will have a chance to purchase the others when the C-bill/MC versions hit the game store. Lo, and Behold, that has not happened, and I figure it never will in this century.

So I broke down and bought the standard package from the Gift Shop, and with it, get a code to redeem. Alas, this is true. . . I got the code, however. . .

"You cannot redeem this code as it would DOWNGRADE your package level"

I have only but one question: What the Heck does that even mean?!

Has anyone else gotten this? Cause now I am PO'ed!

What? So you purchased the mechs for money, then you decided to sell some of the mechs that you just bought for money for c-bills in-game. And now you're trying to buy those mechs again for money because you sold them in the first place? Like everyone has said previously, there are disclaimers and additional details about packs in FAQs. Sadly, this is your own damn fault, how daft do you have to be, seriously? :huh:

#17 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:14 AM

Twice apparently....

I dont get why you sold them off in the first place if you had the intention of spending more of your money or time to get them again when you already paid real money for them?

I am not trying to tell you how to spend your money, but this was kinda silly. I dont get why you would give your money away like that after they already delivered goods when you knew you would want the mechs back again.

So you have to spend $50 to obtain $30 worth of mechs...PGI wont care but you should. Like i said do as you wish with your money but this was a bad decision IMO.

#18 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:09 AM

Main Pack has "Perks". Any downgrade would remove those "Perks" on said players account. Now if they allowed the braindead to do as they please, like downgrading, thus losing said perks, at a whim, then want to rebuy, and retain "perks, that have been revoked by downgrading, imagine the chaos?

So ask Service to add the 20$ Pack as an additional Pack (without perk lose) and see what they say....

#19 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:57 AM

View PostKira_Onime, on 04 August 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

the Urbie FAQ said they have no plans on releasing it for cbills/MC.

call me bad, but i hope this mech holds this exclusivity..... or at least till IIC urbie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users