7 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

1. I would like to see a large statue, built as large as a medium Mech, featuring 4 arms.

2. I also would like to see faction banners such as Steiner hanging from or near the entryways of certain buildings, or special buildings.

3. On some future map, a large spooky mansion off on a hillside.

#2 Toaster Repair Pony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHampton, VA

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:07 AM

Fighting in an enclosure.

#3 Nazghoul

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:33 AM

Instead of a map with a cave or tunnel...how about a crashed Dropship with interior you can move/fight inside or through.

#4 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:19 AM

Make certain there are no real bottlenecks on any map whether it's CW or regular would be a huge relief.

Crimson Strait for example. It's a good map but if you want to get to the other side of the map without going through the A/B lines you got no other choice than going over the Saddle (D4/D5).
I'd like to see less bottlenecks like that in future maps that gets released.

The old Forest Colony map is almost nothing more than a huge bottleneck at the middle.
The following applies no matter which side of the map you start on.
- Go water and you have almost no cover.
- Go middle and you get bombarded the front and both flanks with little cover.
- Go tunnel and get ambushed.
- Go narrow road under the antenna and you get brutalised as soon as you round the corner.
Hopefully they will fix it in the near future since it was voted top priority for a makeover.

#5 Toaster Repair Pony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHampton, VA

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

Flat farmland... no bottlenecks, no water, no tunnel, no caves, no annoying ghost walls. Just farmland far as the can see, like the midwest...

New Map! Flat Hellscape!

#6 ShadowFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:04 PM

I would like to see dramatic representations of the battlefields of the classic Battletech books. The starport raid from "Decision at Thunder Rift", The Davion Royal Palace from "Warrior: Coupé", the Blood Swamp battlefield from "Blood Legacy" and even the Kell Hounds mercenary rescue to the Silver Eagle which was docked inside the Styx mining asteroid from "Warrior: En Garde". We have many, many more to chose from.

#7 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostToaster Repair Pony, on 04 August 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

Flat farmland... no bottlenecks, no water, no tunnel, no caves, no annoying ghost walls. Just farmland far as the can see, like the midwest...

New Map! Flat Hellscape!

Give me something out of War Thunder, WoT, or Armoured Warfare, please. Something rural, gentle hills, even suitable for Tukayyid. =P

#8 Top Leliel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

What about some more alien worlds? The current CW maps are in many cases not earth-like, why not have more like those?

A map on a planet like Titan, which orbits Saturn. Low gravity, as cold as Frozen City, gloomy weather, with "water" bodies that are actually liquid methane.

On a similar note, there could be a Venus-like map, hot with "water" bodies of caustic acid that deal damage to legs with internals exposed.

A true space map: very little gravity, either extremely hot or extremely cold based on time of day.

Ion Storm atmosphere: dynamic weather effects that jam electronics rather than reduce range of vision

Gas Giant orbital station i.e. Empire Strikes Back or Halo 2 campaign: high gravity, wild weather effects, mechs can fall off the edge(and are eliminated if they do so)

Alien flora: How about some enormous carnivorous vines that can grab mechs legs that get too close?

Edited by Top Leliel, 06 August 2015 - 03:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users