Tri-Star Pug Voting System

1 reply to this topic

Poll: PUG voting system for MWO (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see the tri-star voting system implemented?

1. Hell yeah! We need a rating system for the public queue better sooner then later! (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Nah! We don´t care about lousy pugs;) (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Vajrabhairava

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEurope/germany

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:47 AM

Hey community & devs,

I would like to propose an additional achievement type for PUG/public matches only:

The tri-star pug voting system and rank achievements!

Players can vote for teammembers in three different categories. Gaining enough votes unlocks the designated rank-achievement that allows to bear the associated title on the battlefield!

The voting-system is only accesible through public (pug) games. A player can only vote for members of his own team.

Votes will be displayed for each of the three categories seperatly as % of the next level and absolut # in a seperate tab in the stats window, similar to the challenge-page.

Rank-achievements get unlocked on the achievement page as soon as the neccessary amount of votes is reached. Unlocked achievements allow to bear the associated title.

There is a "voting&exit" button beside the actual "exit" button on match-end screen. Pressing "voting&exit" lets pop-up an overlay similar to match-end list, with the players of ones own team and the three categories. To vote a star icon, similar to the company command star icon, can be place in the row of a player to vote for this player in the specific category. Only one (1) vote is allowed per category.

The categories are: Command, combat and crew.
Categories describe a set of practical skills and abilities in which one has to perform impressivly to be a candidate for a vote.

Category description:
Command - Battlestrategy, orders, strategic awareness and assessment.
Combat - Battlefield performance, tactical overview, skillfulness.
Crew - Teamspirit, motivational, supportive, helpfulness.

There are three level of achievements in each of the three categories, each level needs a specific amount of votes:

Level 1 (500 votes)
Category: Command > Achievement/rank: [strategic] Advisor
Category: Combat > Achievement/rank: Veteran [warrior]
Category: Crew > Achievement/rank: Brother [in arms]

Level 2 (2500 votes)
Category: Command > Achievement/rank: Field commander
Category: Combat > Achievement/rank: Weaponmaster
Category: Crew > Achievement/rank: Star captain

Level 3 (5000 votes)
Category: Command > Achievement/rank: Genius
Category: Combat > Achievement/rank: Iron fist
Category: Crew > Achievement/rank: Legend

I would enjoy such a pug driven voting system and the titles we could earn here so please support my idea and/or let me know your opinion about it.

Best regards
Vajrabhairava

#2 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:40 AM

I don't like the current nicknames we have, they clutter up the hud more than it already was. We don't need more garbage to sort through while we're looking around trying to see what mech is where. If you want this achievement to show up next to your name in your profile and not in game, I just don't understand why.

Instead of that, I'd want to up or down vote who I want to be in matches with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users