• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:49 PM

Okay, Devs are probably tired of this but here it goes:

Implement Solaris as:

Standalone CW-style matches (4 mech drop deck), 4/8/12 man organized drops, or the highly entertaining "FFA" by weight class.

In the event that a CW style match is called, YOU ARE NOT RESTRICTED TO ONLY IS OR CLAN MECHS BASED ON YOUR FACTION. You can mix-n-match, any 4 mechs so long as you meet weight req's. CW-style matches will randomly be Attack/Defend or Skirmish with the defending team randomly selected.

The 4 and 8 man organized drops would take place on smaller-medium sized "normal" maps.

The 12 organized drops and the FFA would take place on any of the medium-larger, "normal" maps.

Have different tiers for different play styles with rewards eventually allowing access to leaderboards (so you have to be good before you can see your name in lights) that will change in the standard every-15-min refresh rate. Prizes for leaderboards are not expected but perhaps PGI would sweeten the pot.

Something like this would do several things:
1) Give players a tournament style option for using ANY of their mechs (clan or IS). *IF* this idea caught on and was implemented in a way people like, perhaps they would buy more of both IS and Clan mechs..

2) Pull some of the competitive teams out of the pug-group queue and let them fight (typically) comparable teams since they could be matched by their players avg tier/accomplishment in Solaris.

3) Give us a FFA option which some may or may not like.

I dunno, just trying to think of a way for PGI to give us more options.

Edited by MovinTarget, 04 August 2015 - 07:52 PM.

#2 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:41 PM

I imagine it will come eventually. I'd love to see Solaris FFAs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users