Mechwarrior 3 Issues

3 replies to this topic

#1 fuguzawaz

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:24 AM

I installed mechwarrior 3 on my windows 7 64 bit pc and it seemed to work fine until i dropped in a game. The reticle seems to be zooming in and out over and over again, causing an almost seizure like effect on my mech. The game runs fine except for this, which makes it unplayable. Also, a 1920x1080 fix would be nice. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would be eternally grateful.

#2 GroxGlitch

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSome random backwater dirtball in the Inner Sphere

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:52 AM

I have similar problems with MW3 on the same OS. Mine doesn't do some zoom in nonsense, but the game speed seems to follow like a sine curve or some crap... it slows down, then speeds up, then slows down etc, never actually being correct.

From what I've read, just about everybody has some issue running MW3 on Windows 7, or indeed any of the non-DOS operating systems. Evidently the legacy DOS emulator and it do not get along well.

#3 Fitzbattleaxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:23 AM

View Postfuguzawaz, on 05 August 2015 - 01:24 AM, said:

I installed mechwarrior 3 on my windows 7 64 bit pc and it seemed to work fine until i dropped in a game. The reticle seems to be zooming in and out over and over again, causing an almost seizure like effect on my mech. The game runs fine except for this, which makes it unplayable. Also, a 1920x1080 fix would be nice. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would be eternally grateful.

Don't know about 1920x1080, but if you have an NVidia card, you should try going into the NVidia Control Panel, and under Manage 3D Settings / Program Settings, find Mechwarrior 3, and set vertical sync to 'Adaptive (half refresh rate)', and Threaded optimization to 'off'. Seemed to help with the stuttering that I was getting.

#4 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:58 AM

With my previous 2x6970's, mw3 just didnt like the amd drivers. So i switched the primary graphics over to my integrated intel hd gpu, turned it back on, booted into windows installed the drivers and the game ran flawless. May not be a fix but its a useable workaround if you have similar hardware.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users