15 replies to this topic

#1 IIIuminaughty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:59 AM

....But no one joins in CW. Question cause I see a lot of FRR doing it, why do you guys insist on defending planets that's not even our own, but won't attack? not like you have any planets to lose. Come on guys i know its beta phase 2 but lets go on the offensive more.

If you want you can join Blood Pearls on our Team Speak
We usually that 6-12 man unit that attack instead of defend all the time
IP:174.102.42.84
Pass: Mazar1

the most of us is on usually around 5pm est -11pm est.

Let see what we can do FRR.

Edited by IIIuminaughty, 05 August 2015 - 07:00 AM.

#2 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:49 AM

There are quite a few units but the number of actual active players who play cw is relatively low. There are cw groups daily in FRR Hub ts-server but there is a limit what one or two groups can do.

#3 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

The whole CW field is low in population. It's not just the FRR. Its not even just the Inner Sphere.

CW, for the moment, is not really being played. I haven't seen more than 2 12 mans attacking any planet in 3 days.

#4 Rahul Roy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:06 AM

I suspect main reason for not attacking is fear that nobody will defend therefore you will get ghost drops.

If you go defend at least you know you will get to fight with 10 minutes or so.

#5 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:37 AM

I WISH PEOPLE WOULD REALIZE THAT IF THEY ARE PUGGING, DEFENDING = A HIGHER CHANCE OF ENCOUNTERING AN ORGANIZED 12-MAN AND GETTING SLAUGHTERED!

For the love of Odin, attack! The best defense is a good offense!

Edited by nehebkau, 05 August 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#6 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:01 AM

well defending is also a bit easier than attacking and i dont mean that in a strictly skill related way (although you do have turrets on defense). but a good attack needs a bit more coordination for a push into the gates to work and thus i harder to pull off when you dont know the people you are playing with, even when you are with a 8-10 man you can almost be sure that some of the pugs wont join in on the push, when its just 1 it doesnt matter really but 2 or more starts to hurt

#7 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:13 AM

View Postquantaca, on 05 August 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

well defending is also a bit easier than attacking and i dont mean that in a strictly skill related way (although you do have turrets on defense). but a good attack needs a bit more coordination for a push into the gates to work and thus i harder to pull off when you dont know the people you are playing with, even when you are with a 8-10 man you can almost be sure that some of the pugs wont join in on the push, when its just 1 it doesnt matter really but 2 or more starts to hurt

Pressing like on a clanner post... I need to shower now. :D

Edited by VompoVompatti, 05 August 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#8 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:22 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 05 August 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

I WISH PEOPLE WOULD REALIZE THAT IF THEY ARE PUGGING, DEFENDING = A HIGHER CHANCE OF ENCOUNTERING AN ORGANIZED 12-MAN AND GETTING SLAUGHTERED!

Conversely, you're more likely to get a Skittles or Alphabet Soup team on the other side when attacking, because mixed PUGs are a much more prevalent thing on the defending side.

#9 Toaster Repair Pony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHampton, VA

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostIIIuminaughty, on 05 August 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

....But no one joins in CW. Question cause I see a lot of FRR doing it, why do you guys insist on defending planets that's not even our own, but won't attack? not like you have any planets to lose. Come on guys i know its beta phase 2 but lets go on the offensive more.

If you want you can join Blood Pearls on our Team Speak
We usually that 6-12 man unit that attack instead of defend all the time
IP:174.102.42.84
Pass: Mazar1

the most of us is on usually around 5pm est -11pm est.

Let see what we can do FRR.

I'm guessing you guys are -BP-..... good games last night. Much fun, so wow. My unit had tons of fun. We'll be going FRR soon, so we'll be battling with you soon.

#10 Doctor Oda

Rookie

• The Raider
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:49 AM

Second Freemen [2Fre] is ready to join any attack to regain Rasalhagian space from the barbaric clans. We are a small unit of Swedes in Time Zone EST+6 hence weekends would be best suited to team up with you guys.

PM me if you want to team up in CW during weekends.

Valhalla awaits!

Edited by Skjorn Heimladring, 12 August 2015 - 01:50 AM.

#11 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:06 AM

View PostVompoVompatti, on 05 August 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

Pressing like on a clanner post... I need to shower now. :D

wel not a clanner but a dirty merc, and a mercstar merc to boot :o im sorry you had to fall this low ;)

#12 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

View Postquantaca, on 12 August 2015 - 02:06 AM, said:

wel not a clanner but a dirty merc, and a mercstar merc to boot :o im sorry you had to fall this low ;)

In need some time to decide which one is worse. :)

#13 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:45 AM

I am worse Vompo :). I made rank 20 in the FRR and greatly enjoyed being with the OLDS. Then after Tukayid the unit began to shrink. Some players wanted to play CW but there was not enough of us to consonantly put 12 man teams onto the field. Others where content just to play casual. Some just stopped playing altogether as the real world is always there :)

I myself enjoy CW and 12 on 12. So I left the unit after Wolfiac and Cab did. Spent some time with Davion and Kurita to get the free mech bays and cbills. During these I started to pug drop with MS. Never had a beef with them or nearly any unit or player of any of the houses. After all it is just a game and games should be played for fun.

Realizing that being as large as they are they can consistently put 12 man teams into play. Teams that actually use Team Speak and work together. And its actually a collection of sub units just using the global MS tag. Very much like the FRR TS hub where you have units working dropping together.

So after Hans asked me come join us yet again I realized I am merc. My mind is not for rent to any god or government, but my mech is. Never been clan in MWO but the sale on clan mechs this past week allowed me to spend some of ill gotten gains to build a decent clan deck.

Just looking forward to when PGI makes CW actually have value :)

#14 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:07 AM

As a drop caller I have an extra option for a victory condition that is not available to my team if we defend...take the Gens and down OMEGA (aka....the 'dunk').

When faced with a team that is filled with more raw 'talent' and I fell there is a chance I will not be able to lead my forces to victory in a straight up 'farm fest' I'm not to proud to call for a 'dunk'.

If I see an opportunity to take advantage of catching the more 'talented' team re-spawning after my teams second / third waves clear out their walking wounded from the enemies first / second waves and win by 'dunk'....I'm taking it.

There is never an chance to win by 'dunk' when my team is defending, and we always have 'farm 48' or 'run out the clock' before the other team 'dunks' or 'farms our 48'.

Advantage: ATTACKER!!!!

Edited by Armando, 17 August 2015 - 06:12 AM.

#15 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:14 AM

Just to add, Attackers are from only one faction so it basically takes a unit or an organized faction on TS to attack. But if you try to attack but no one from your faction notices, it is just a waste of time. So, in order for FRR to attack, there has to be at least 12 in the CW on the same planet to make that happen. No one from the Combine, Commonwealth, Marik, etc can join on that assault.

As for the Clans vs IS, it would appear it is easier for a faction Clan to show up to attack than it is for a faction IS to show up to attack. Once that occurs many gravitate to that planet.

Just to reiterate, it takes numbers and communication to launch an assault from a faction, and that is why a defender is more likely to face a 10-12man unit, something some puggers complain about :) .

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 17 August 2015 - 06:18 AM.

#16 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:40 AM

My suggestion would be:
Mercenaries should not join Houses on short Term contracts. rather be able to be rewarded higher when joining loyalists in battle.
The current loyalty point system is counterproductive to CW. Why not indulge the same "Loyalty Points" to the (""House"") Mercs.
Mercs then wouldn't have to rummage from house to house snatching mech bays and not staying long enough to reap serious C-Bill rewards.
This could also mean that Mercs looking for a quick fight could just easy step in to whoever is lacking the 12th Pilot for a drop, attacking or defending.
Mercs don't care who they fight for anyway this way they can simply be where they are needed and not be stuck in contracts with a house that has given up on CW for 7 days (or more).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users