Oceanic Takeover Event Has Been Extended!

158 replies to this topic

#141 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:09 AM

I was on a bit last night. Only have maybe 4 more points to get it all.

So far last night....

- I didn't get disconnected...yay
- The ping is still bad, but that's to be expected
- love the new map
- Ya, the new scoring is gonna make it easy for anyone to get the score needed each match for a point in the event. One guy I saw got 1 damage and made 20 match points. A bit annoying when you consider all the effort and time people have previously put into the event to win stuff, and now anyone can get a point every match...unless they do extremely bad or DC.
- The matchmaker...I dunno. I saw a few people that I already see often in the solo matches. I didn't find it any harder or easier. The wait times may have been a bit longer though.

As a side note, I was playing with friends later on the NA servers and we did notice some odd lag a few times. I was just glad that it wasn't just me. (Myself and the group all live in NA...in case anyone was wondering.)

:)

#142 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

View Postxeromynd, on 19 August 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

Was confirmed in another thread that, basically, this challenge is now stupid easy, thanks to it not accounting for the new match score system, which frequently puts you in the double digits.

30 match score was already a given for everyone. Ive only failed at it when i found the whole other team 30 second in a match in one of my great "scout mission".

Am i the only one who has not redeemed any flag yet? Im not sure if ill regret it later but right now i don't see myself ever running with one.

#143 EightBitKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

maybe just easy since everyone's closer in skill? less chance of a derp loss...

#144 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 19 August 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

30 match score was already a given for everyone. Ive only failed at it when i found the whole other team 30 second in a match in one of my great "scout mission".

Am i the only one who has not redeemed any flag yet? Im not sure if ill regret it later but right now i don't see myself ever running with one.

30 is (was) not a given if you're on the losing side of a 12-4 or worse. Many times I would have 200-ish damage and a few assists and a match score of 27-29, and I'm usually a mid-pack player so half the team wouldn't get 30 points.

Post the personal skill intro, I have still seen sub 30 scores on the board, but only on truly tragic performance.

#145 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 19 August 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

30 is (was) not a given if you're on the losing side of a 12-4 or worse. Many times I would have 200-ish damage and a few assists and a match score of 27-29, and I'm usually a mid-pack player so half the team wouldn't get 30 points.

Post the personal skill intro, I have still seen sub 30 scores on the board, but only on truly tragic performance.

UAV and ARTY helps me i guess. I have a loss 12-3 with only 2 assist and 180 damage and still have 32 match score.

I did get match under 30, i never said i didnt, but not enough to even bother looking at my score.

Edited by DAYLEET, 19 August 2015 - 09:07 AM.

#146 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for the extension !

But I dont want to play on the Oceanic servers !

But it's great for the people there !

#147 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:14 PM

I was able to complete the challenge but it was a bit difficult. I ended up using two different game mode apps jetBoost and tool wiz care. Turned off everything including the kitchen sink. 8-) Helped quite a bit with the high ping, Both apps work on win 7 and 8.1. Gets CPU usage down to zero - 2% before starting the MWO client. Both are or were free. Hope this helps.

#148 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:31 AM

View PostEightBitKnight, on 19 August 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

maybe just easy since everyone's closer in skill? less chance of a derp loss...

Nope...the match score that people get now is a lot higher than it used to be. As mentioned above, before the patch you would have to do at least a half-decent job to get 30 points. Now it seems that you can get 30 by colliding with two enemies...no need to even shoot them.

If you are brand new to the game and still not very good at it, now is the best opportunity that's there's been to get some free stuff. Better get in there and play as many games as you can before the event is over.

Edited by ThatGuy539, 20 August 2015 - 06:32 AM.

#149 Obsidian Hand

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCebu City, Philippines

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:50 AM

So for those of us who are still waiting for flags that are not yet available, can we defer choosing the flag selection reward indefinitely? Maybe get back to it when the flag we want is available?

#150 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:17 PM

Still 30 points?

#151 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:29 PM

30 Points was allways easy....no need to change the running horse now...

#152 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:35 AM

Sorry, but that wasn't long enough extra with all the d/c issues, especially when it only included half a weekend.

#153 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:52 PM

Did it end this morning??? I figured it would run through the weekend. I set aside some time to work on my stuff tonight, but the announcement says it's over. Why end it on a Sunday morning???

#154 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:55 PM

View PostPeiper, on 23 August 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

Did it end this morning??? I figured it would run through the weekend. I set aside some time to work on my stuff tonight, but the announcement says it's over. Why end it on a Sunday morning???

I myself thought it would Tuesday at midnight. That way it has a full week after the patch. I did the same...had to plan for it tonight and Monday. ..the wife had surgery so I took care of her.

#155 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:20 PM

Yeah, I'm not getting points. Just ran two, but no change in points. Oh well. Until the next event!

Hope your wife is okay, ColonelProctor!

Edited by Peiper, 23 August 2015 - 04:21 PM.

#156 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostPeiper, on 23 August 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm not getting points. Just ran two, but no change in points. Oh well. Until the next event!

Hope your wife is okay, ColonelProctor!

Thank you she is good. It was minor surgery and she's clear to return to work Monday. Had it Tuesday afternoon. Just with her meds I wanted to keep an extra eye on her.

#157 Deacon Grimm

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:50 AM

what is the deal with the flags ?

#158 Smouch

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 17 posts
  • LocationRosevears, TAS.

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostDeacon Grimm, on 24 August 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

what is the deal with the flags ?

I just checked and still not available. 0926 AEST (2330ish GMT) 25/08 here in Oz....

All the other 'rewards' were given as soon as you earned them. :huh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users