Oceanic Takeover Event Has Been Extended!

158 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:46 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

LATEST EVENT UPDATE [August 18th]

We're rolling out some code fixes in today's patch that we hope will resolve the remaining Oceanic stability issues. When the servers are back up after today's patch maintenance period, the Oceanic Takeover event will be back on!

The Oceanic Takeover event will run until Sunday August 23rd at 10:00 AM PDT (5:00 PM UTC).
All stats from the previous European/Oceanic Event periods will carry over.

We apologize again to all MechWarriors for any frustration or inconvenience resulting from the recent Oceanic server issues.

LATEST EVENT UPDATE [August 13th]

As a result of ongoing Oceanic server instability, the Oceanic Takeover Event has been put on-hold until after the August 18th patch.

While the recent server adjustments have made some progress toward reducing the frequency of issues, persistent disconnects and connection instabilities are still occurring. We will be rolling out some code changes on August 18th that we hope will resolve the remaining issues.

The event is no longer running as of this post, but the Oceanic servers will remain open.
The event will resume on August 18th after the patch has rolled out, and will then run until August 23rd at 10:00 AM PDT (5:00 PM UTC).

We apologize to all MechWarriors for any frustrations encountered as a result of the Oceanic server issues during this event.

EVENT UPDATE!

The Oceanic Takeover event has been extended until August 18th at 10:00AM PDT / 5:00PM UTC!

If you've been playing on the new Oceanic regional servers since their release on August 4th you've likely encountered a persistence of connection stability issues, often resulting in disconnections back to the MechLab and an inability to rejoin the match. These issues have been occurring despite maintaining a healthy ping to the Oceanic servers.

The engineers have made progress toward reducing frequency of those issues since the weekend, but they are still in the process of investigating and resolving the remaining problems. Connections to the Oceanic servers are more stable now than they were over the weekend, and we hope to have the remaining issues resolved soon.

Until then, you'll now have another week to rack up some Oceanic Takeover event points!

EVENT INFO

To commemorate the activation of the Oceanic servers we're extending the Takeover Challenge with new Oceanic Regional Game Mode Prize Brackets! Running standard queue matches on the Oceanic servers before the new end time will give you the opportunity to earn more Premium Time, C-Bill Consumable Packs, Warhorns, and C-Bills, with a chance to earn an Oceanic-region Standing Cockpit Flag if you reach the final point tier in one of the three Oceanic brackets!

Please note that this is considered an extension of the recent European Takeover Challenge! Any reward tiers that you qualified for during the European Takeover Challenge will carry over to this Oceanic Takeover extension. In other words, you cannot re-earn any rewards that you already earned during the European Takeover Challenge. However, this does allow you to pick up your progress where you left off and earn any remaining reward tiers that you did not acquire during the European Challenge.

During this Personal Challenge Event all pilots will have the opportunity to earn Event Points and Rewards for each standard queue Game Mode on the North American, European, and Oceanic servers.

Head over to the Tournament page for all the details!

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:47 AM

Called it:
http://mwomercs.com/...ends-challenge/

Addendum:
120 hours (on current challenge timer) != 6+ days according to the times list

It should be set to like 158 hours left (or 157-ish hours as of this post).

6 days (144 hours) + 14 hours extra time (from start to finish) = 158 hours

Edited by Deathlike, 06 August 2015 - 09:56 AM.

#3 starwolf1991

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNo Data Available

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:05 AM

There is no rest for the wicked and I am dead keen on some Australian Flags. Come to me, my dear Mad Cat. Let us conquer the server and earn some rewards together! :D

Edited by starwolf1991, 06 August 2015 - 10:09 AM.

#4 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:09 AM

phew when I started scrolling down and saw NA pop up I was like "i have to start from scratch again???" then I scrolled down a bit more and was all "phew"

#5 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:13 AM

R.I.P. CW ..

#6 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:18 AM

Cool. Not sure how I am going to complete the Oceanic server challenges as I get kicked off of them due to high ping, but still.

#7 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:24 AM

The PGI's incompetence that forces me to click through a dozen of filters every time I am taking a new 'Mech really pisses me off.

#8 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:34 AM

Well, I just got a "Failed To Find Match" when having Oceanic only selected (all modes enabled).

This is going to go "swell".

#9 Flokoloko

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:34 AM

oceanic servers are a little "unstable", just got a disconnect from server during match with no reconnecting possibility

Edited by Flokoloko, 06 August 2015 - 10:36 AM.

#10 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:53 AM

The challenge seems to have started early even though in wasn't announced until now

#11 Tsuki Ookami vas Mugunghwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:55 AM

after the event for EU servers ans the announcement for OC servers i was like:

"they hopefully won't do this again for OC servers. making your players grind through 72 while most of them have a 300+ ping would be just stupid."

i stand to be corrected....

crickey

#12 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:56 AM

seems, its continuing from the last event points....

#13 YokiLin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 154 posts
  • LocationCa, USA

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:03 AM

I got over 6 points Oceanic Conquest and I received nothing so far.

Anyone else got the same problem?

#14 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:06 AM

View PostYokiLin, on 06 August 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

I got over 6 points Oceanic Conquest and I received nothing so far.

Anyone else got the same problem?

Four points on Assault and six on Skirmish - nothing recieved.

#15 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:18 AM

The stuff is on delay AFAIK.

It's working for me, but it's slow going.

#16 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:19 AM

Yeah, continuation! I just barely missed getting my NA flag, should not take many games to get all three.

#17 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:45 AM

Please note that this is considered an extension of the recent European Takeover Challenge! Any reward tiers that you qualified for during the European Takeover Challenge will carry over to this Oceanic Takeover extension. In other words, you cannot re-earn any rewards that you already earned during the European Takeover Challenge. However, this does allow you to pick up your progress where you left off and earn any remaining reward tiers that you did not acquire during the European Challenge.

Well if you finished and got your flags prove your worth in COMMUNITY WARFARE

Or not

#18 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:48 AM

cool 3 more warhorns to play for :).

#19 Tiger Dad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

Only 6 days to do 3 continents (x 3 match types x 24 (or 12 depending on how far you are willing to go)).
When the European challenge was 9 days for 2 continents (x 3 match types x 24 (or 12)).

How the heck am I gonna finish this?

edit: nevermind, I see it's a continuation of last event with an added server. THANK YOU PGI... maybe...no sleep.... no sleep....

Edited by Tiger Dad, 06 August 2015 - 11:57 AM.

#20 wolf in Boots

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:03 PM

There must be something wrong with out Taiwan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users