Looking For People To Play Community Warfare With

13 replies to this topic

#1 SpeCtaCular

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:06 PM

As the topic says. Im looking for people to participate with in the community warfare. It's massively frustrating to go solo since usually only choice to play there is the defence and they aint that much fun in the end after i've done them 10 times in a row and everyone ain't even from the House Steiner.

I tried the LFG feature in the game but i have no idea how it's supposed to work.

I started to play in closed beta if i remember right, took about 1 and a half year break.
Now im back again and loving all the new stuff in the game but still getting frustrated at the lack of players for the attack.

So, i'd be glad to just get a lot of people in my friendslist who like to participate in the community warfare or if there is some other ( and better way obviously ) to do it that works also.

I've been checkin the forums etc but not sure what those units are for so i havent messed with them at least not yet.

Ungh... Ok and now i went completely blank ( feel like my brain ejected outta my head ) and started to feel so so sleepy...

Guess i'll be waiting for some answers and questions maybe.

PS. Im on European timezone.

#2 Xultan

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 27 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSouthern California, CA

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

You are welcome to join us CGBI (Clan Ghost Bear International) http://ghost-bear-command.com We have Euro players as well.

#3 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:12 PM

View PostSpeCtaCular, on 06 August 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

As the topic says. Im looking for people to participate with in the community warfare.

You may have missed the boat. CW peaked in February and March and the CW population has gone downhill since the Battle of Tukayyid and the Map Reset at the end of April.

Edited by Triordinant, 06 August 2015 - 04:12 PM.

#4 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:05 PM

The LFG function allows you to group up with others using it. sadly, few folk use it, thus giving it little utility. You can use it to mash two groups together though, so there's that.

Generally, IS forces don't seem to be as aggressive, so most often I see clan factions attacking. Makes it hard to get any CW in if your on the clan side, but not Jade Falcons or Wolf (as those two always seem active. Recently the Jags haven't had enough attacks during my usual play time.) However, I'm not in your timezone, so perhaps things'll work differently for ya.

As for joining units, I'd suggest you try asking in game if you manage to drop with any. Don't even hafta ask to join, just a simple "Yo, want another 'mech that walks with the group?" That's how I met up with my unit. We liked each other's play styles, and work well together. Of course, the problem is, finding that group inna first place. If you see anyone from the 12th Donegal, or the Syke Rangers of Terra, just ask if they need a filler. No other active Steiner units are coming to mind, but I've fought them back when I dropped with the falcons, and remember them as good units to go up against.

Good luck out there mechwarrior. Hope to see you across the field of battle.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 06 August 2015 - 05:08 PM.

#5 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:46 AM

na1.mech-connect.net

is a Teamspeak server to find people to group up with. Do not join a unit yet. Get to know the team dynamics first.

#6 Moku

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:16 PM

Skye Rangers of Terra - http://www.skye-rangers.net/ or if you don't mind hanging out with German players http://www.12donegal.de/

#7 Captain Chingford

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:26 AM

I'm in the same position despite being in a unit. If you see me around prompt me and I will join whatever group you are in

#8 SpeCtaCular

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:52 AM

Thanks for the replies. Temptin to join that clan ghost bear since i was able to see a lot of people on TS there :D But the thing is im already loyal to Steiner so it would take me that 23 days penalty at least to switch sides.

Im just wondering , If i want to join Skye Rangers of Terra, i dont have to leave Steiner side and suffer the penalty do i ?
Or is Skye Rangers of Terra a unit that i have to join in the game ?

Im still quite confused with all these unit etc options...sawwy. :)

#9 Moku

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:51 AM

You need to go chat with SRoT directly about their unit policies, but you don't have to join their unit to do Steiner CW drops with other Steiners.

#10 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:14 AM

If you use Team Speak, visit the channel ts1.housesteiner.com

http://housesteiner.com/

This is the home of the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces (LCAF), an Alliance between many Steiner units. At anytime you can find some teams there playing together. ^_^

#11 Old Mechdonald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:50 AM

View PostSpeCtaCular, on 06 August 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

As the topic says. Im looking for people to participate with in the community warfare. It's massively frustrating to go solo since usually only choice to play there is the defence and they aint that much fun in the end after i've done them 10 times in a row and everyone ain't even from the House Steiner.

I tried the LFG feature in the game but i have no idea how it's supposed to work.

I started to play in closed beta if i remember right, took about 1 and a half year break.
Now im back again and loving all the new stuff in the game but still getting frustrated at the lack of players for the attack.

So, i'd be glad to just get a lot of people in my friendslist who like to participate in the community warfare or if there is some other ( and better way obviously ) to do it that works also.

I've been checkin the forums etc but not sure what those units are for so i havent messed with them at least not yet.

Ungh... Ok and now i went completely blank ( feel like my brain ejected outta my head ) and started to feel so so sleepy...

Guess i'll be waiting for some answers and questions maybe.

PS. Im on European timezone.

We got the opposite problem with the Robinson Rangers (RRB). A lot of 12 mans and "full up" responses when trying to join. So its not that way everywhere.

#12 SpeCtaCular

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:35 AM

I just broke my contract with House Steiner. Seems like i have to wait 3 days for the contract to actually end.
Well.. in the future i'll just look for a unit to join and wont go joining just a faction in the game. Been playing for over a week just solo and i rather break contract and do this than end up getting so bored at the game that i stop playing it again. Last break took me a bit over 1 and a half year.

Alright. PeaCe.

#13 SpeCtaCular

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:31 AM

View PostXultan, on 06 August 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

You are welcome to join us CGBI (Clan Ghost Bear International) http://ghost-bear-command.com We have Euro players as well.

I have put this in a serious consideration. Thank you for replying so i was able to see this.

#14 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:37 AM

Play CW....wait a moment while i go buy two 10 meter long sticks to play with.
Getting any closer to my rig while MWO is in CW mode would creep me out too much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users