Update: Oceanic Server Disconnects

273 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:53 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

We are attempting to resolve an issue with the Oceanic servers that can lead to a crash of the match instance.
After experiencing one of these match-wide disconnects, players are not be able to rejoin the match successfully upon returning to the MechLab. The 'Mech used for that match will then remain locked from access until the standard match timer is expired.

So far we have encountered 30 Oceanic match crashes out of an approximate total of 3000 matches since August 4th, so this is not a systemic issue. We'll keep everyone posted on any fixes or developments regarding these crashes, but for now they have a low rate of occurrence.

This issue is not present with the North American and European servers.

UPDATE
The engineers performed some work over the weekend in an effort to resolve the Oceanic server issues, but disconnections and general instability are still effecting the Oceanic servers as of this morning. The server crashes highlighted in the original post were a side effect of a greater issue that is currently being investigated.
While we are working with our hosting and server partners to resolve the ongoing issues, the Oceanic servers will remain active.
As a result of these problems, the Oceanic Takeover event will be extended until further notice.

#2 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:59 AM

"So far we have encountered 30 Oceanic match crashes out of an approximate total of 3000 matches"

I had 3 such crashes last night (NA east coast here). I asked around in one game, and about 6 of 24 people said they were having the same issue. So I think your numbers are not accurately reflecting the extent of occurrence.

Glad to see you are on top of it though, just saying it may be more of a problem than you think.

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 07 August 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#3 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:04 AM

The issue described in the original post covers a crash of the match instance, leading to each player in that match disconnecting at once.

With your location, it's possible that you've been encountering isolated disconnects resulting from connection issues to the Oceanic region. Would you be able to submit a ticket to technical@mwomercs.com so we can get some connection diagnostics from you?

#4 JayKay17

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDresden

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

I had no such issues until today about 9:00 am CET, since then I got several crashes, approx. 1-2 out of 10, maybe the problem worsenend.

#5 NinjaTom

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:16 AM

I've just disconnected and can't rejoin the match, I tryed to rejoin multiple times now :/

It keeps loading up the mechlab all the time each time I click it

Edited by NinjaTom, 07 August 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#6 Pocket_Aces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:16 AM

Yep, in one night 4 crashes.............. I have submitted multiple tickets. I think you need to find another provider............ with the lack of voip when it first come online, it seems to be a half ar5ed job on the Oceanic servers. Really fricken annoying, especially with a comp on AND this didn't happen with the EU server????????????????????

#7 JernauM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:17 AM

I am experiencing frequent disconnects exactly as described in the opening post, only on the Oceanic server. Disconnected from the game server and unable to rejoin. For me this has been occurring more frequently than 1% of matches.

#8 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:18 AM

I experienced one of these disconnects yesterday... it ate my Grid Iron. I appreciate the statement and quick investigation!

#9 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:22 AM

"The issue described in the original post covers a crash of the match instance, leading to each player in that match disconnecting at once."

Do you mean all players at once? Then no, not my experience, though I guess I wouldn't be able to tell. What happened to me was - everyone starts moonwalking, I get booted back to mechlab with "you have been disconnected from the server", and when I tried to rejoin I get booted back again with same message, and my mech was locked in game.

My ping in NA is 40, and around 284 on Oceanic. Not sure if that's bad enough to account for the DCs?
Edit - someone confused my previous post - my DCs are all Oceanic, not NA.

"Would you be able to submit a ticket to technical@mwomercs.com so we can get some connection diagnostics from you?"

Sure. Let me figure out how to submit a ticket and I'll do whatever I can to help.

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 07 August 2015 - 10:31 AM.

#10 Rentier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 172 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty, it was

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:25 AM

another crashed game
maybe 10 seconds for capping win

sent an mail to technical support but for trace I need IP-Adress:
"I have repeatedly disconnects from matches on oceanic servers (3rd so far in 2 days 24 hours) last one ~20:13gmt Assault on viridian bog

Im from germany and have ping
13 to european
113 to North america and
200 to 280 to oceanic Server.

Before the game crashes it has problems to change targets, get the player overview or the map display (they all don't happen), shooting registers and moving is possible thow. and then connection lost no way to rejoin (log out and in again doesn't help)"

Edited by Rentier, 07 August 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#11 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:38 AM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 07 August 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

Sure. Let me figure out how to submit a ticket and I'll do whatever I can to help.

Shoot off an e-mail and we can follow up. The auto-reply you'll receive after sending the e-mail will provide you with steps on getting connection diagnostics.

View PostRentier, on 07 August 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

another crashed game maybe 10 seconds for capping win sent an mail to technical support but for trace I need IP-Adress

I've updated the auto-reply to include steps for testing connections to the Oceanic servers.

#12 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:01 AM

I got 3 such disconnects from O.S. today, all few seconds after match's started. Glad to hear that you address the issue - it spoils the event for me.

#13 speedy mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:31 AM

Had 5 such disconnects last night at random times in the match :( had one good match but we lost out 12th and THEN server disconnected *sigh*

#14 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:42 AM

It's just bad. While discos are not the majority, it's woefully annoying, with the occasional connection lag that happens and the poorer hitreg.

#15 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

WE are the 1%. Yahoo!

#16 Rentier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 172 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty, it was

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:37 PM

another match crash 22:35 gmt+1 Alpine Peaks skirmish ;(

#17 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:37 PM

30 out of 3000 - and as of now I've been part of 2 of those.

Really, what's most frustrating is that you cannot use your mech of choice for 30 minutes. With limited spare time at hand, this really diminishes my motivation to use the Oceanic servers.

#18 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:46 PM

I had about 4 or so of these crashes last night. It was pretty cool to get locked out of the mech I was trying to skill up, repeatedly. And trying to get my 30 match points for the event.

#19 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

4 server disconnects and unable to rejoin, experienced by me today.

#20 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

I also had about 4 or 5 server disconnects last night (west coast NA). Was a mix of crash to mechlab or game desync (mechs walking in place). Asked in game to all after the 3rd/4th time and there was about 6 others that had the same problem.

my NA ping ~100, EU ping ~210, Oceanic ~200

sent a email to technical@mwomercs.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users