Surprise Double Xp Weekend!

79 replies to this topic

#61 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:17 AM

Well I missed this one because of the short notice and inability to try to plan some time in, which is unfortunate but not PGI's fault.

Although I would suggest these surprise events happen more frequently so that those who did miss them don't feel completely left out/put off. Not to mention that it might drive in more players if they know that they are going to get more opportunities like these.

I went from being able to play everyday, to being a weekend warrior, to now just trying to squeeze in some time wherever I can. It makes it kind of difficult to take advantage of surprise events, so I'm really hoping they have them with more frequency.

#62 Eyepop

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:38 AM

Doesn't seem to be working P:

#63 Bryson MacAefrik

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:02 AM

Does the Surprise double xp weekend with the surprise urby schematic mean surprise urby for mc and c-bills? pweeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase!!!

#64 8Ball-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 292 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:21 AM

Double XP doesn't seem to be working. Did they end it a day early, or is it a date misprint on the announcement?

#65 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:36 AM

Double XP provided during these events is not listed in the end of round results screen, but the Double XP was being counted in your final XP total.

#66 Tsuki Ookami vas Mugunghwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:19 AM

Posted Image

i just have to post it. not the best amount of damage, but damn look at those XP

#67 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

Maybe we're all wrong and the base XP values were modified, rather than showing an additional modifier like the "Premium bonus" or "1st win of the day" messages. So it could have been a stealthy bonus. Is this correct?

It just seemed off because I had some matches like 2 kills in a medium, where I survived and we won. The game yielded like 2,500XP after Premium time, or something really pedestrian like that. Anyway maybe I didn't seem to be getting much bonus XP because I was playing on the other servers, and dealing with reduced performance? Who knows, the XP totals always seemed to be a bunch of voodoo to me anyway.

Had one or two really good matches that would have looked absurdly nice with a "1st win of the day" x2 bonus on top. I don't know if I cracked 10k for any of the matches I did get to play this weekend, so no silly screenshots to /flex over. I did earn around 300k in one PUG match though, so at least I was making some good C-bills :D

#68 Papapeshu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGosport, Hampshire. UK

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:50 AM

BAH! Not much time left to get my 2nd Kcrab and level it.

Still, I earned enough brownie points this weekend to get extra birthday cake from my lass, so not a total loss.
Nice surprise bonus!

#69 Rentier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 172 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty, it was

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 10 August 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

Maybe we're all wrong and the base XP values were modified, rather than showing an additional modifier like the "Premium bonus" or "1st win of the day" messages. So it could have been a stealthy bonus. Is this correct?

For me all the XP-Events were doubled (e.g. kill assist 60XP instead of 30XP, win 500 /250, componment destroyed 30/15 etc.)

#70 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostRentier, on 10 August 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

For me all the XP-Events were doubled (e.g. kill assist 60XP instead of 30XP, win 500 /250, componment destroyed 30/15 etc.)

Groovy. I understand how folks like myself would miss the bonus then, since we were looking for it in the wrong place.

#71 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:45 PM

Man, I'm so bummed! I have 142MC left. That's 8 short of a new mech bay. Argh!

#72 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:50 PM

This really stacked well with the Oceanic Server event! Had a couple 6000+ XP matches (free premium time and FWoD and double XP makes me happy!), and managed (so far) to do a LOT of skill building on some new mechs! Great way to welcome me back!

#73 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:57 AM

My 4 new BlackJacks say thanks!

#74 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:34 AM

Had some great games last night returning to the NA server. I guess playing somewhere with higher ping for a few days is good training, if you can learn to do well under those conditions you'll be even sharper when you come back to your home server :D

Not a bad few days, unlocked some warhorns, got a few million bonus c-bills, saved a ton on grabbing all teh modules, and bought about 15 or so mech bays on the cheap for future use. Not to mention mastering a good handful of mechs.

#75 Ekdikesis

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 29 posts
  • LocationRight where I need to be...

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

Nice job PGI, VERY much needed and appreciated!

#76 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:18 PM

Please no more such surprises! Double XP really messes up fun for some of us.

#77 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:26 PM

View PostLunatic_Asylum, on 23 August 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

Please no more such surprises! Double XP really messes up fun for some of us.

Zombying this thread was in noone's interest.

2XP weekends are excellent because they make it easier for us to level the many crappy variants we built up over time through buying Mech Mystery Packs.

Edited by Appogee, 23 August 2015 - 11:26 PM.

#78 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:09 AM

All of the variants are unique and interesting, yet the speed of gaining experience is already too fast. Why kill the fun of gameplay?

#79 Dodger79

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:38 AM

View PostLunatic_Asylum, on 24 August 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

All of the variants are unique and interesting, yet the speed of gaining experience is already too fast. Why kill the fun of gameplay?

If you are just playing for fun and not for rewards (whis is great, by the way!), how can higher rewards actually kill your fun? Events like this are able to lure some additional players in the queue, so waiting times go down and some not min/maxed builds which players want to level appear on the battlefield for some more variety. How can this kill your fun?

#80 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:39 AM

View PostDodger79, on 24 August 2015 - 02:38 AM, said:

If you are just playing for fun and not for rewards (whis is great, by the way!), how can higher rewards actually kill your fun? Events like this are able to lure some additional players in the queue, so waiting times go down and some not min/maxed builds which players want to level appear on the battlefield for some more variety. How can this kill your fun?

Ah, The fun is progression and the effort put into it. :-)

Edited by Lunatic_Asylum, 24 August 2015 - 06:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users