Zeus Zeu-5S?

7 replies to this topic

#1 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:33 PM

I have been playing around with the Zeus ZEU-5S at smurfy's, but I can't find it in the Mech store.

Is there any way I can get a 5S?

#2 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

Nope, looks like it's still a timed exclusive for us Resistance owners. You aren't really missing out on much imo. It pretty much requires a UAC/5 build to be used to its' max effectiveness. I will enjoy it greatly myself, but I love mixed builds with UAC/5s especially.

As for a time frame of availability, we have no clue atm.

#3 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

The 5S was bonus material for those of us that had a top tier Resistance 1 pack and got an early top tier pre-order for Resistance 2. As far as I know, no MC/c-bill release date has been announced for any of the Irresistible Resistance Deal mechs (the Zeus 5S, Grasshopper 5P, Enforcer 4P, and Panther 10P).

So, as of right now, there's no way to get the ZEU-5S. If it makes you feel any better, while it does play like a cross between a 6S and a 6T it really isn't any stronger than either of them.

#4 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:28 PM

View PostPezzer, on 08 August 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

It pretty much requires a UAC/5 build to be used to its' max effectiveness.

I've done just fine with mine as AC10 (2.5 tons ammo), 3xSRM4 (3.5 tons ammo), 3xML, 375XL, endo, and +8 double sinks. Note that those ammo counts are from before AC10 ammo got upped from 15 to 20 shots/ton, so I might end up returning the ammo balance to 2 tons/4 tons.

#5 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:27 AM

View PostPezzer, on 08 August 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

Nope, looks like it's still a timed exclusive for us Resistance owners. You aren't really missing out on much imo. It pretty much requires a UAC/5 build to be used to its' max effectiveness. I will enjoy it greatly myself, but I love mixed builds with UAC/5s especially.

As for a time frame of availability, we have no clue atm.

It runs current IS meta (Gauss and 3LL) pretty well. That's probably the best build. A single UAC/5 is underwhelming.

Gift store details say the MC/CB date is 8/18.

#6 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:11 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 10 August 2015 - 04:27 AM, said:

It runs current IS meta (Gauss and 3LL) pretty well. That's probably the best build. A single UAC/5 is underwhelming.

You always should try to use quirk bonuses imo, but ofc the Zeus runs Gauss just fine. Literally everything runs Gauss just fine, and if you cant fit 3LL you can fit 2LL on a good chunk of Mechs at 55+ tons.

#7 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:53 AM

View PostPezzer, on 11 August 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

You always should try to use quirk bonuses imo, but ofc the Zeus runs Gauss just fine. Literally everything runs Gauss just fine, and if you cant fit 3LL you can fit 2LL on a good chunk of Mechs at 55+ tons.

I think that depends on whether the quirks make the best build. In this case, they really don't. The only UAC/5 quirk included is reduced jam chance (and that's only because it's stock). One UAC/5, even if it never jammed, is pretty meh. You really need 2-3 of them to do much. The most important quirks of the variant are the toughness quirks. Those allow you to choose your weapons and when you can choose a ballistic with a single not-10-slot hardpoint available, gauss is the obvious (only?) choice, IMO.

#8 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 10 August 2015 - 04:27 AM, said:

Second this. I built mine out with 3 x ASRM6s, but 1 UAC5 is too underpowered for a mech this heavy. Gauss is interesting, but I can never get the timing down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users