• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:10 PM

View PostVashknives, on 12 August 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

So Wave 1 and 2 get a Maddog, and we don't get a shiny new mech?

I want to think, considering the Mad Dog bonus, that this was done to avoid another situation where a mech was behind a paywall.

While a lot of people were excited and happy they got the Mad Dog, there were a lot of people complaining about it being behind a pay wall and the whole "crash grab" crowd came out in droves.

While I would have loved to have gotten the Cyclops, I won't complain.

Edited by Sigilum Sanctum, 12 August 2015 - 06:11 PM.

#42 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:12 PM

I'm already in, so this is another nice bonus. I think I have found a new favorite camo... I wonder how it will look with purple blood?

#43 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:20 PM

No thanks.

Is that Davion symbol I see part of the camo or a decal? It should be a decal, we have waited so long for that and probably will wait longer it seems.

#44 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:24 PM

View PostOrangeDefiance, on 12 August 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

If you are referring to the Mad Dog we had to spend around 360 dollars for that as opposed to the 200 you had to. Need I remind you of the extra variants you recieved for your R1 if you owned R2? Please don't sound so ungrateful, it's free stuff guys.

meh...

I have both top tier packs... they can keep the free stuff.

#45 Outcast1six

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEverywhere..........and Nowhere.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

Let the butthurt flow.

Thank you PGI for the bonuses. Before I logged in today I was happy with my packs that I saved the money to buy.

Cool paint, a badge and cockpit items I didn't know I was getting, no, I am pretty happy.

#46 Preyzer

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

any chance we can get that fist to flip people off every time we get a kill ?

#47 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

PREYZER My thoughts EXACTLY.

I don't want a Cockpit Item that just stands their like them statues.
The Urban Mech TrashCan Pop out Kill is what made me happy about buying the Uran Mech Collection.

Let the Fist give the "BIRD" to all those who die would make an awesome Cockpit Item.

#48 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:39 PM

Will the paint be sold for other mech at the same time or delayed?

#49 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

Very nice!

I already had the packs, so this is just gravy.

#50 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:54 PM

Show us the quirks.

#51 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:02 PM

Welll... that's not gonna convince me to buy Resistance 1 which doesn't have any mechs that I'm that interested in.

Ah well... I'll just save my $$$ for the unseen if they come out.

#52 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostVashknives, on 12 August 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

So Wave 1 and 2 get a Maddog, and we don't get a shiny new mech?

Clan omnimech packs: 30 dollars each
Inner sphere battlemech packs: 20 dollars each.

Clan Wave 1: 3 mechs per pack
Clan Wave 2: 3 mechs per pack
Clan Wave 3: 4 mechs per pack (early, 3 after first 2 or 3 weeks was it?)
Resistance 1: 3 mechs per pack
Resistance 2: 4 mechs per pack (+ Jaggermech A champion for first day purchase and 1 month (and a week?) of chance to get 4 instead of 3)

Resistance 1 + Resistance 2 Bonuses: 1 extra badge, 1 unique cammo for each of those 8 resistance mechs spread across (at max) 32 variants (assuming the Resistance variants will get the camo treatment that's WIP, at just minus 8 of that number) and 1 variant extra for all resistance 1 mechs (earlier combo deal).

List:

+4 mechs (1 variant of each of the 4 mechs of Resistance I)
Badge
Unique camo for each of those 8 mechs. (clans got no unique camo atm besides faction ones atm FYI.)
Unique cockpit item specifically only for this (and a future one for resistance III?).

Clans?

1 mad dog invasion (prime), and 2 standards... that's it...

For 240 dollars (wave 1) plus 120 (wave 2) you get 3 mad dogs 1 invasion and a badge to match as a bonus reward for spending 360 USD for clans.
For 80 dollars (Resistance 1) plus 80 dollars (Resistance II) you get 4 extra variants,*, modules, badge, Special cammo for standard variants, and special cockpit item for 140 dollars for IS....

*IS already get extra variants for resistance II (not pretending wave 3 and IIC packs do not get this but we're talking about the combo additions and that only includes wave 1 and 2), to begin with as well as +2 the total faction contents meaning 6 more colours and double the cockpit items as well as the skins for the mechs as well as a lower price for each tier. On top of that Wave 1 pack has 8 tiers in total and tier 5 is a lot of money to spend just to get 2 light mechs instead of 1 on a standard pack, tier 6 can be debatable since stormcrow, Tier 7 has timberwolf, but the end tier the final 30 dollars requires to buy what was the worst clan assault up until the gargoyle came in WHICH is the wave 2 top end mech!!!

I am sorry. But I am already confussed why clan warhorns cost more MC on the general shop let alone the fact the IS seem to be getting deals for some packages as well as better combo packages.

However I got more to add- there is a combo award if you get Wave 1, 2, and 3. which is 480 USD total for 1 badge...

I am not trying to cry clans are Under powered and i understand clan mechs means all clan mechs get the top end stuff however it also means most of those mechs are inheritable stuck being bad due to no endo or what ever which I think should be a decent trade off because these guys specifically do not have some of the fancy stuff and more and more IS packs are getting endo and DHS and stuff on stock so I do not think the money devide between 20 to 30 should occur (Note: I REALLY hope clan heroes do not cost more then IS ones weight class to weight class... I do not want to spend 80 dollars on 1 hero direwolf that has a high chance on being worse then the normal ones but it'll still be my love)

I mean they should do some combo rewards for Wave 1 and 2 mechs because wave 1 is a bit unfair in my mind (not trying to exclude those guys I wouldn't mind if they also count in for this but I mean if I get top wave 2 and 3 I can say... get additional variants and a cool cammo too?)

View PostDAYLEET, on 12 August 2015 - 07:39 PM, said:

Will the paint be sold for other mech at the same time or delayed?

I hope not. We need more limited edition skins in these packages.

I am still waiting for that time PGI finally coughs up a brand new skin for the phoenix mech pack guys as a limited and exclusive skin because that flames camo for Phoenix pack was meant to be exclusive...

#53 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:23 PM

Is the whole Blood Pact thing in reference to something in lore or otherwise?

#54 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:30 PM

View PostYogSothoth, on 12 August 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

Blood Pact? Are we joining the Sabbat Worlds crusade?

Reference: http://wh40k.lexican...wiki/Blood_Pact

I reminded me to the blood pact of Escaflowne with Van ..

https://en.wikipedia...cters#Van_Fanel

#55 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:45 PM

View PostGrey Ghost, on 12 August 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

Is the whole Blood Pact thing in reference to something in lore or otherwise?

No. If it was for the IIC packs, then it would make sense - Clan Blood Spirit, and would hint at content for the other clans. IIRC, Blood Spirit and Goliath Scorpion were the two that were big users of the IIC mechs, even after the advent of OmniMechs.

As far as Inner Sphere, can't think of anything related to blood. Maybe a periphery pirate state, but they don't count.

EDIT: As for my opinion, well... I don't know if I can be bothered getting the Mauler, just for this. I buy packs based off gameplay achievements (I.E. X amount of kills after the mech is mastered, normally every 50). Just cleared Black Knight, nothing close.

Edited by Tarriss Halcyon, 12 August 2015 - 10:47 PM.

#56 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:51 PM

View PostTarriss Halcyon, on 12 August 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

No. If it was for the IIC packs, then it would make sense - Clan Blood Spirit, and would hint at content for the other clans. IIRC, Blood Spirit and Goliath Scorpion were the two that were big users of the IIC mechs, even after the advent of OmniMechs.

As far as Inner Sphere, can't think of anything related to blood. Maybe a periphery pirate state, but they don't count.

EDIT: As for my opinion, well... I don't know if I can be bothered getting the Mauler, just for this. I buy packs based off gameplay achievements (I.E. X amount of kills after the mech is mastered, normally every 50). Just cleared Black Knight, nothing close.

I was pretty sure ghost bear was also a big user of IIC's and battlemechs after the omnimech movement...

ie...

Kodiak
Highlander IIC
Shadowhawk IIC
Locust IIC
King crab (and no... not a IIC, not a C either... stock. Quite a few high ranking ghost bear guys use this as there main... and by high ranking I mean in relative terms I do not mean the Khan or what have you)

etc.

#57 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:58 PM

View PostReitmeier, on 12 August 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

Problem is that PGI gave Wave 1+2 owners three free unreleased Maddogs.
Now they come with some useless badges and medals and cockpititems and stuff...
of course guys are disappointed now or expected more despite its all for free.

Erm you do realise that Wave I was $240 and Wave II $120, quiaff? Resistance I $80 and Resistance II $80. Do the maths yourself.

Also the Mad Dog needed to be implemented, where else to put it back then? Waiting and putting it with Wave III? I think PGI needed some cash back then and wanted to incentivise to buy / upgrade to top tier Wave I and II.
On top you get different cockpit items, we Clanners got the same we had before. You get more colours, we get the Invasion colours over and over again. For 6! factions, not just 4.

Edited by latinisator, 12 August 2015 - 11:47 PM.

#58 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:58 PM

Customer feedback follows...

I am not interested in camos, cockpit items or badges.

I would have been interested in Modules and CBills.

#59 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:15 PM

Consider me underwhelmed. Russ even announced the announcement, for another low-res texture? That doesnt even work on my 30% C-Bill variants, which are all that matters tbh?

Thanks but...

#60 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:35 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 12 August 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

However I got more to add- there is a combo award if you get Wave 1, 2, and 3. which is 480 USD total for 1 badge...

You forgot about those loyalty hanging items for CW. Does not seem much, but still I like them. The question is are those worth the extra cash?
Everybodys own wallet has to answer.

Bottom line is however: there is free stuff and you guys complain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users