#1 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:11 AM

If you ever want to watch an old episode of Star Trek The Original Series... here are four brand new episodes.

Episode 1 "Pilgrim of Eternity"

Episode 2 "Lolani"

Episode 3 "Fairest of Them All"

Episode 4 "The White Iris"

Edited by MechregSurn, 13 August 2015 - 09:01 AM.

#2 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:59 AM

I think it is novel that they are made to be exactly like an TOS episode. If you don't remember how cheesy the show was, go rewatch an old episode.

Edited by MechregSurn, 13 August 2015 - 09:00 AM.

#3 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:21 AM

He's right Marack, I caught STC a few months ago. I really couldn't get over how "hockey" they were, just like the originals. Science fiction and television have evolved a WHOLE lot further then the late 60's when TOS came out.

Just remember, that Kirk and Uhura had the first interracial kiss on television and it caused a whole LOT of ruckus.

#4 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:37 AM

View PostMarineTech, on 13 August 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Just remember, that Kirk and Uhura had the first interracial kiss on television and it caused a whole LOT of ruckus.
I've recently read about that. The episode was actually banned in the southern United States because of that - or rather, the television stations there refused to show it. If you keep in mind that this has not been that long ago, it's remarkable how much has changed within just one or two generations, though arguably there are still ... issues.

Anyways, I think these are non-professional actors, so I'd cut them some slack. Like MechregSurn, I am impressed by them wanting to redo TOS the way it was, including the camera style.

That being said, personally I am looking forward to Axanar the most.

There's also the Renegades project which actually has quite a few veteran ST actors in it, but I'm not sure that this show will hit the tone I expect from the franchise. Perhaps it's just that it runs the risk of "becoming too JJ".

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 13 August 2015 - 10:39 AM.

#5 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:07 AM

It could be worse. Most fan productions are played by total non-actors (I mean, guy-from-the-street quality people) against entirely greenscreen backgrounds. At least this has partially capable actors and real sets.

Also, I gotta give this particular one credit for having the most intelligent scripts in the whole fanmade business. Most of them are just all "NEW ENEMY! NEW WAR!!! RARARARAR" stupidity. It's nice to see a production coming up with the kind of restrained, personal stories that befit the original series.

#6 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:56 AM

Wow, the filming actually looks just like the old ones, I say well done! Even kirks movements is just like the old kirk, what a hoot! :)

#7 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:57 AM

there actually is a new Star Trek series in pre-production, due to release January 2017
http://www.startrek....es-january-2017

#8 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:18 AM

To be bored where most men have been bored before.

And women.

Seriously, I do not have high hopes after 3 distinctly underwhelming series. I'd take B5, Farscape or Galactica over ST any day....

#9 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:33 AM

Yeah but it's being developed by Kurtzman. He's done better work on TV, but color me skeptical.

#10 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 01 December 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

To be bored where most men have been bored before.

Hey! Enterprise was GREAT! Any show with a sexy female Vulcan in her undies, smearing "Decontamination Gel" all over herself and others on a regular basis is awesome. Shoulda won ALL the Emmys.

:D

Seriously though, I rate the longevity of a Star Trek series by how long it takes for them to start throwing in the eye candy. As soon as a female crewmember with enormous assets starts showing up in skin-tight spandex on a regular basis, the series is not long for the world. Vis-a-vis Troi's gray spandex in TNG and 7 of 9 appearing in Voyager. When Jolene Blalock showed up in her skimpy Vulcan costume in the first episode of Enterprise, I didn't figure the series would have the legs to make it very long.

#11 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:23 PM

They actually gave Seven of Nine some decent stories.

#12 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

Geri Ryan was NOT cast in that role for the stories. Geri Ryan was cast in that role because of how her assets filled out that spandex costume.

Edited by MarineTech, 01 December 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#13 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:29 PM

ST Android idea... Female "Data" = "DData"

#14 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:47 AM

TOS is the only Star trek I really care about. Tried to like the Next Generation, but it was just too boring. The following two spin offs seemed much of the same, the little I watched them. I have been binge watching Enterprise lately and that seems watchable. A bit hit and miss from episode to another.

But on the topic, STC is amazing. While as a concept I prefer "expanded universe" where it's some other ship with completely different crew instead of some new guys pretending to be Kirk and co., this one just blows the likes of "Starship Exeter" right out of the water. The production value is amazing, acting is good, it looks just like the original. It took me some time to accept new people on the roles, except Chris Doohan. He was Scotty right away.

#15 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:20 AM

good god, no..

I hate those that do this, let TOS be..
Personally I think they all suck and should never act again(at least not on ST).

Also there will always only be one crew of the TOS Enterprise and sadly almost all of the crew are no longer with us.

What they are doing is screwing with Gene Roddenberry's work, it lacks the man's touch and feeling of the show and feels like a generic, off brand, & bland remake from those who are too stupid to come up with their own ideas.

Gene Roddenberry was a great creator who managed to push the boundaries such as the first black and white kiss, having women in command positions* ect.

For TNG When Gene was still alive he wanted to make a pleasure planet where all was welcome and would have been one of the first shows to show heterosexual & homosexual relationships but was given the Ax by the studios.

Gene was a visionary and it showed, now they want to mess with the man's work.

From the documentary I seen done by William Shatner on Gene the latest ST movies he would have never allowed to happen as they done things he was against.

*the first caption of the Enterprise was suppose to be a woman but they forced Gene to change it.

I guess in the end I am a Roddenberry Trekkie.

Edited by VinJade, 13 February 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#16 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:36 AM

View PostVinJade, on 13 February 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

good god, no..

I hate those that do this, let TOS be..
Personally I think they all suck and should never act again(at least not on ST).

Also there will always only be one crew of the TOS Enterprise and sadly almost all of the crew are no longer with us.

What they are doing is screwing with Gene Roddenberry's work, it lacks the man's touch and feeling of the show and feels like a generic, off brand, & bland remake from those who are too stupid to come up with their own ideas.

Gene Roddenberry was a great creator who managed to push the boundaries such as the first black and white kiss, having women in command positions* ect.

For TNG When Gene was still alive he wanted to make a pleasure planet where all was welcome and would have been one of the first shows to show heterosexual & homosexual relationships but was given the Ax by the studios.

Gene was a visionary and it showed, now they want to mess with the man's work.

bland, and plain stupid tv filled with stereotypes and a bit excess ins ex and gore. Thats TV today, thats why I don'T watch tv anymore. It's borring and yu feel your braincells actually starting to exodus into unknown lands. Or they just starve?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users