Marik Mechwarriors

6 replies to this topic

#1 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:21 AM

Considering we share a border,and have not had any real hostility between both our Houses,I would like, with the blessing of you all, if our houses could team up every now and now,help with each others planet defense and liberation ofplanets taken by the Clans and our common enemies.

House Liao is a small House, but that does not mean we are lacking in determination and spirit and we value honour more than anything, so if we were to ally ourselves together, we could do so much more to reclaim the territory and planets we have lost.
feel this is a good idea, since as it is, we are losing badly to the Clan assault into the IS and show the Clans that we are not as weak as they think we are and give them a run for their money.

I have no ill thoughts about House Marik, so it would be an honour to serve with you in any battle (CW matches) and divide the planets up we manage to retake from the Clans.

Does anyone think this is a worthwhile thing to do At the moment, neither of our Houses are as strong as some of the others, but teaming up together, we can sow not only the Clans, but the rest of the Inner Sphere that they have severely underestmated us and show them all what we can really do when we put our hearts and soul into matches.

L.T.

#2 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:01 AM

It's a noble sentiment, but the problem is that there are only a handful of Marik loyalists (including myself) left in the game. Most of the "old timers" moved on to other games after Tukayyid and the map reset. At any rate, CW and its long wait times for match building are a complete waste of time at this point, since the game is still in Beta (2) and there will be yet another map reset at some point in the future, making participation in CW rather pointless without any greatly improved incentives from PGI.

#3 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:31 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 13 August 2015 - 03:01 AM, said:

It's a noble sentiment, but the problem is that there are only a handful of Marik loyalists (including myself) left in the game. Most of the "old timers" moved on to other games after Tukayyid and the map reset. At any rate, CW and its long wait times for match building are a complete waste of time at this point, since the game is still in Beta (2) and there will be yet another map reset at some point in the future, making participation in CW rather pointless without any greatly improved incentives from PGI.

I understand what you are getting at, but for those still loyal to house Marik, i believe those of both our houses left could work well together, even if we are under-strength compared tot he other Houses.
Maybe set up a day and time when both House Liao and House Marik is on at the same time (or a fair number at least) and on forces to strike back at the Clans instead of always defending and, sadly, losing big time.

#4 rook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostLeif Tanner, on 13 August 2015 - 04:31 AM, said:

I understand what you are getting at, but for those still loyal to house Marik, i believe those of both our houses left could work well together, even if we are under-strength compared tot he other Houses.
Maybe set up a day and time when both House Liao and House Marik is on at the same time (or a fair number at least) and on forces to strike back at the Clans instead of always defending and, sadly, losing big time.

Still like you positive attitude, but I don't think you realize how dead marik is at this moment. You might think we're joking around, but that's sadly not the case. Please, hop on the marik TS and just talk to whomever you find (if you can find anyone at all).

#5 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:57 AM

If liao is requesting help I will help. Liao has been with us from the start.As for Marik planets I don't care about them right now. Maybe after the next reset.

View Postrook, on 13 August 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

Still like you positive attitude, but I don't think you realize how dead marik is at this moment. You might think we're joking around, but that's sadly not the case. Please, hop on the marik TS and just talk to whomever you find (if you can find anyone at all).

This is true making a 12 man is becoming very hard. Most the time we are only doing 8. Then when it comes to cw .... I haven't played cw in months.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 13 August 2015 - 10:58 AM.

#6 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

View Postrook, on 13 August 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

Yeah, Mari and Liao had had strong ties, but both Houses are relatively dead and had pressed to find anyone on TS these days from either of the Houses in which to try and organise a good CW match, but still, with or long history, on the off-chance we are able to set something up, it definitely will goal long way toward strengthening our ties

I will try and see about gong in to a Marik TS later on today, see if anyone is online there and talk tothem about it, but in the off-chance that it is deserted, it would be a good idea if some of your Mari Warriors spread the word around to your friends and units in your House that would go a long way to forming an actual team for CW events and give us (both of our Houses) uch better odds than simply dropping with 7 sometimes 8 pugs who just run around doing their own thing (which ultimately hurt our cause).
And it is a two-way street, of course. You help us and House Liao is ore than happy and willing to help defend your borders and liberate a few planets for you.
I thnk it is is time that or Houses worked together instead of seperetely, hat has been our downfall since the Clans started invading. It is time we finally got serious and showed the Clans or whomever else (especially those blasted Davion swine who ted to fight CW alone) that facing two Houses at the same time might make them thin twice or at least give them a reason to pause before trying to push in on both of our territories.

#7 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:36 PM

Same boat as the rest. I've been in one CW match in the last 3 weeks.. maybe more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users