Sorry, Liao Pilots

3 replies to this topic

#1 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:41 PM

My speakers on my computer are busted, so I am playing without sound right now until I can get some new speakers, so until then, I might not be playing as well as i normally do, but if I can ask, if anyone is in a drop match with me, would you mind using text chat instead of VOIP or TS, otherwise I cannot hear anything anyone says.

Hopefully I will have brand new speakers in as little as a week ad a half, maybe sooner, if Australia Post pulls their their fingers and delvers it early, so I apologise that in any drop we are i, I might not be of much use to you in-game, but still, I will try my best to keep up the fighting and support the team as best I can.

Just wanted to let you all know what was going on, since it is a heck of a lot harder now to play when you cannot hear any missiles flying at me or know that I sustained critical damage (let alone any enemy Mech sneaking up on me, so if possible, if we are in a drop together (either solo or CW) if you could be so kind as to look out for me a bit until I get this speaker issue resolved?
Thanks.

L.T. (BwD)

Update:

I kind of fixed the problem. The computer speakers do not work,but headphones do, though only limited, but still enough for me to play the game with enough sound so I know what is going on, when to take cover etc. it is not exactly perfect, but a t least some sound is better than playing deaf.

Thanks for your support, GI Journalist mate, I realise text-chat is not really that reliable, esedially when you are under fire or have an enemy chasing you,, i just meant it that when a team mates is safe from enemy attack. But now I have headphones and can hear (though not as good as what the computer speakers were) VOIP/TS is is still an option, so disregard what I said about text-chat only in my OP (those that do not have headphones or microphones, anyway)

Edited by Leif Tanner, 13 August 2015 - 08:59 PM.

#2 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:48 PM

It's little or no trouble to take a moment to type key updates and repeating information through the text channel. It's a good practice to maintain on all drops, as voice communication is never 100% reliable.

#3 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:13 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 13 August 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

It's little or no trouble to take a moment to type key updates and repeating information through the text channel. It's a good practice to maintain on all drops, as voice communication is never 100% reliable.

Yes, I agree with you there, but text-chat can be a hassle, especially when you really need to convey information to your fellow team mates but under fire at the same time, which is why TS and VOIP come in very handy. It might not be the most reliable way to communicate with your team members, but I would choose VOIPTS over text-chat any time, especially if it means that I have to stand still and let the enemy pound me wile I am using the text-chat system just to tell my team members what is going on (and that has led to me dying quite a number of times).

#4 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

switch off voip in such cases so ppl see that you cannot hear
also in ts switch off speaker for the same reason

Edited by multisoul, 07 September 2015 - 10:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users