Whk Or Hbr?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Hanks 427

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:26 AM

I was tinking of buying one or the other during the sale. I already have the timbys and the stormcrows, so what would you buy?

Edited by Sunny Bloodbath, 15 August 2015 - 07:26 AM.

#2 Hanks 427

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:01 AM

I got the HBR:s, and I really like it. It has good hitboxes and feels responsive. Thank you for the input Dar1ng One!

#3 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:53 AM

Both are very good. I've dropped more in the HBR due to it being ECM friendly for CW. However, if you aren't worried about ECM, the WHK is a very mobile assault that can pack some sick firepower.

(Current favorite is running 2 UAC10s, 2 SRM4s and a medium pulse(to hitscan and then fire the UACs)

#4 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:05 AM

For the hellbringer, once ECM gets nerfed to 1/2 range, it'll be a bit less of a good 'Mech. It's got OK quirks, ECM, it's a clan heavy, it's omnipods are OK, and it lacks endo-steel or FF.

Warhawk has excelent mobility for an assault, absurdly good quirks, and limited hardpoints. Has both Endo and Ferro.

I love my Warhawk to death, but it's a personal choice.

Edited by Night Thastus, 18 August 2015 - 11:05 AM.

#5 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:41 AM

View PostNight Thastus, on 18 August 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

For the hellbringer, once ECM gets nerfed to 1/2 range, it'll be a bit less of a good 'Mech. It's got OK quirks, ECM, it's a clan heavy, it's omnipods are OK, and it lacks endo-steel or FF.

Hellbringer doesn't have any quirks so far (doesn't need any imho). The "lacks" of endo and fibro isn't that bad either, the omni got enough tonnage to play arround with and also has the podspace to do so.

#6 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostLOADED, on 18 August 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

Hellbringer doesn't have any quirks so far (doesn't need any imho). The "lacks" of endo and fibro isn't that bad either, the omni got enough tonnage to play arround with and also has the podspace to do so.

I personally think the hellbringer is a bit hyped up. It has low free tonnage and OK armor at best. Once ECM gets nerfed, there goes a good chunk of it's usefullness. Hardpoints are pretty nice, except on the low-mounted arms.

#7 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostNight Thastus, on 18 August 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

I personally think the hellbringer is a bit hyped up. It has low free tonnage and OK armor at best. Once ECM gets nerfed, there goes a good chunk of it's usefullness. Hardpoints are pretty nice, except on the low-mounted arms.

who's using the arms anyway?

#8 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

wait for ebon jaguars

hbr goes 2 erll+4 erml, but stormcrow vomit is way better, so HBR is shiet

whk is not for cw as well, but is a good pug drop push mech 2 uac10+3srm4 or meta 2lpl+2ml+1gauss

#9 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:07 PM

do yourself a favor and dont compare your rig to thunderbolt - hunchback, thunderbolt, stormcrow and timberwolf are not vomiting laser as good as the ebon jag, hellbringer, awesome, or blackjack these days.

ebon jag really good laservomit but the hellbringer is probably the best on the clan side.

if you manage not to lose ecm or your guns

#10 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:12 PM

honestly the wolverine, blr and banshee could well make the list before them - the range on wolverine is just absurd

the banshee is almost unkillable and battlemaster is very agile for it's massive size - no lie

#11 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:11 PM

The 1G's hideously reduced torso twist makes up for any mobility advantage, I think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users