#1 Percy Veer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:13 AM

I'm in the EU time-zone.

Current CW mechs are:

Zeus x2
Jenner x2

Buying locusts at the moment, then moving to Jagermech/Grasshopper/Cataphract area. Although am considering an Atlas.

With a good team I get a couple of kills per pug.

Invite me in game to outfit if you like -> Azmaril.

#2 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:34 AM

CW and liao doesnt really mix atm but ok there's always defenses you can do.

biggest liao CW unit are TCAF but i believe they are russian only, although i can be wrong there check the recruitment forums.
you could also check the stats from the past CW events for a liao CW unit, we are just passing through so i dont really know any.

and as a last point mechs

the best IS CW mech is still the thunderbolt 5ss with 7mplas and std 300 you have a powerfull and pretty pinpoint alpha at 350m (700max) with good heat management in a mobile durable mech,
seeing as you like the zeus 4 large lasers also work on the 5SS, but i prefer the dmg output of the 7mplas over the llas range.

the blackjack 1x is also a good one with 6mlas and 1llas or 2mplas (xl295/275) good range and speed

ravens are a good light mech to have.

dont get the atlas for CW its just a waste of tonnage, too slow, bad hardpoints and easilly focussed.

just my 2 cents do with it what you like

#3 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:59 AM

TCAF is primarily Russian but their English is excellent. They've also been very active in CW in the past.

4TCR is primarily NA, but has some EU overlap in its player base. Of those, we still have some CW fans and will play occasionally, but the consensus seems to be that PGI needs to roll out some changes in Phase 3 to make it more enjoyable.

#4 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:39 AM

[SHZ] can always use more Pilots. I sent you a friend invite in game ... most of us are german, but we also have some international players, whenever we have non german speakers in the channel we all switch to english. So no worries on that.

#5 Percy Veer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 12:58 PM

Thanks for all 3 replies.

Although, I would point out to quantaca, my Zeus runs 6mpulse, has more armour than a Thunderbolt, runs with an XL395 at 87kph and has got me the most kills in one match. That being 5. Heat management is good too.

Danjo San, I've accepted your friend request. I was deaf when young (needed 3 ear operations), so I can normally fit in with good players without actually having to use verbal communication, although it does help a lot. It just requires me to play a lot with someone so I can anticpate what they are doing. But as you said, you do use english.

Gi journalist - yeah, CW isn't exactly fun.

Anyway, I've worked out that if I make about 500 loyalty every CW match, (and that's because I'm signed to Liao for long-term), and I play 4 matches per week, then 1,060,000 loyalty points to rank 20 should only take...2,000 x 52 = 104,000...about 10 years.

#6 Bill Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 354 posts
  • LocationHiding from the Maskirovka

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:21 PM

I know 4th Tau Ceti Rangers are always recruiting http://mwomercs.com/...ers-recruiting/
as are the Harloc Raiders http://mwomercs.com/...now-recruiting/ both units are established and active in PUG and CW.

If you're looking to get in of the ground floor of a new unit, the 28th King's Armored Wolves was formed by a great fella so try him out http://mwomercs.com/...armored-wolves/

Edited by Bill Bullet, 16 August 2015 - 05:22 PM.

#7 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:10 PM

Are their Liao units recruiting? i tried to join a house marik unit but people on that forum told me that they don't exist anymore cause apparently no one plays Marik

But i also like being a space communist so i would love to join if any Liao units are recruiting

#8 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:18 PM

Several Liao units have open recruitment: http://mwomercs.com/...-confederation/

Space Commies, Welcome!

#9 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:51 PM

View PostAzmaril, on 16 August 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

Although, I would point out to quantaca, my Zeus runs 6mpulse, has more armour than a Thunderbolt, runs with an XL395 at 87kph and has got me the most kills in one match. That being 5. Heat management is good too.

well the zeus does have good armor thats certainly a plus (although the tbolt also gets armor quirks its still 15tons lighter), but with a std300 over an xl the tbolt is a lot more tanky (you can lose a side torso). and than there are weapon quirks, the tbolt 5ss has the absolute best mpl quirks in the game (maybe even overall as half its quirks are generic energy ones), it gets an total 50% increase in mpl range bringing it up to 357m optimal (with module) thats almost as much as your zeus' total mpl range.

still doesnt mean the zeus is a bad mech mind you, its just that the tbolt is actually better (and you can bring 3 of them and still have 45 tons to play with for the 4th slot).

but bottom line, just have fun thats the most important

#10 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:08 AM

View PostCzarr, on 22 August 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

Are their Liao units recruiting? i tried to join a house marik unit but people on that forum told me that they don't exist anymore cause apparently no one plays Marik

But i also like being a space communist so i would love to join if any Liao units are recruiting

[SHZ] is hoping to expand it's member base. if you are in the European Time Zone, feel free to join us. the majority within the unit are german speaking, but we do have international members and switch to english whenever we are internationaly set up on teamspeak. you can find our recruitment post here http://mwomercs.com/...ng/page__st__20

#11 Yorhakim

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:33 AM

Hi!

Looking for active CET unit for CW.

LIAO forever!

#12 Kifferson von doober

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:05 AM

There are some marik players still dropping on and off but we're very quiet at the moment, Throughout all of cw beta 2 pretty much. Some of us are still here though, watching and waiting to see what beta 3 brings.

Anyway, not quite as dead as people seem to think, tempted to start quoting lovecraft right about now.
as for recruiting, seraphim are still going strong and widows are attempting to re-form so you can still find some of us about at na times.

Edited by Kifferson von doober, 25 November 2015 - 02:21 AM.

#13 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:38 AM

The Seraphim still drops CW with Marik!

The Widows aren't doing CW right now I think...

Edited by GeneralKota307, 25 November 2015 - 07:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users