79 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 354 posts
  • LocationHiding from the Maskirovka

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:43 AM

Hey all! Again sorry for the delay in starting this!

ALRIGHTY! Contestants, please post your submissions below with a caption stating what category you would it to be considered for!

Categories are:

Mech Art
Fan Video
Character Art
Best Model
Best Screen Shot
Fan Favorite

Vote for Fan Favorite by clicking the "Like" button under a submission. Yes you can vote for your own, yes you can like multiple submissions.

Contest will end (on time *ahem, ahem*) on September 5th at 00:00 EST. Submissions made after the event ends will not be considered valid (no matter how awesome they may be)

After the contest ends a panel of judges will select their favorites and the winner of each category will be announced on [TO BE DETERMINED] Prizes will be handed out no later than a month after the winners are announced barring sudden, horrific financial loss on my part. But if that happens I probably can't afford internet anymore so y'all won't be able to yell at me :P

Edited by Bill Bullet, 17 August 2015 - 12:54 AM.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:45 AM

Mech Art. "Take out the Trash"
Posted Image

#3 ValdemarBasket

• PipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMinsk , Минск

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:58 AM

Character Art
Conradee (unit Ironclads (TCAF))
Posted Image

Arctur (unit Ironclads (TCAF))
Posted Image

Kotey (unit TCAF)
Posted Image
RomoRus (unit TCAF)
Posted Image

Edited by ValdemarBasket, 17 August 2015 - 12:59 AM.

#4 GothicVash

• PipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:06 AM

best model

so here is my vulture/mad dog battletech mini. i painted it inspired by the invasion color scheme on mwo. within the last week or so. (if that makes it ineligable let me know and i plan on picking up some more anyways)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Spitfire 03

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:16 PM

Best Screenshot.

Posted Image

Trial Victor in CW, Surprise!

Edited by Spitfire 03, 17 August 2015 - 12:20 PM.

#6 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:11 PM

Well, not sure if it counts for any specific "art" category, but maybe I'll get in the Fan Favorite prize pool.

Cryengine Converter!

https://github.com/M...ngine-Converter

It's a program to make it easier to get access to the MWO assets. I just published version 0.81 and updated my HowTo thread last night on how to use it. It's nice for people who want to print mechs, make frankenmechs, etc, all with the game files.

Does it count as art? It's technically programming, which is an art form... :)

#7 M-Lee

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:59 PM

Good time. My name is Leonid and I am from Russia. I want to give the competition its models.
My first acquaintance with this universe was still in the nineties years, when my father randomly found and installed the demo Mechwarrior 3. And I realized that it would delay me for a long time. It continues to this day. I'm already a veteran Mechwarrior Online. :)

CATIGORIE: MECH ART

My first model was the creative assault Atlas. Work lasted for a year. original model was developed Parman01. Unfortunately detailing the work did not suit me, so I had to seriously modify the model in terms of detail. The results of long work you can see in the photos below. By the way, it has been specially made from the tree stand, and the most interesting,
at the moment I continue to work on another machine. ;)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

CATIGORIE: BEST MODEL

The works are made with a home 3d printer for a private collection by their own hands.
Clan Ghost Bear with Prime.
Draconis Combine - Otomo. Atlas & Victor.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Bill Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostHeffay, on 17 August 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Well, not sure if it counts for any specific "art" category, but maybe I'll get in the Fan Favorite prize pool.

Cryengine Converter!

https://github.com/M...ngine-Converter

It's a program to make it easier to get access to the MWO assets. I just published version 0.81 and updated my HowTo thread last night on how to use it. It's nice for people who want to print mechs, make frankenmechs, etc, all with the game files.

Does it count as art? It's technically programming, which is an art form... :)

Hey man, thanks for your submission and I'm sure it's a fantastic tool however after talking it over with the judges we have no real way of judging a program like yours within the parameters of the contest. Again it is a pretty handy tool and if you'd like to post it over in the Rules thread as a helping hand that'd be fantastic. This contest is meant to help broaden and strengthen the community and your program would go a long way in helping that goal. Sadly we decided this is an art contest and we want to judge the art rather than the "brush" used to make the art you know what I'm saying?

#9 Bill Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

View PostKK195, on 17 August 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

Good time. My name is Leonid and I am from Russia. I want to give the competition its models.
My first acquaintance with this universe was still in the nineties years, when my father randomly found and installed the demo Mechwarrior 3. And I realized that it would delay me for a long time. It continues to this day. I'm already a veteran Mechwarrior Online. :)

CATIGORIE: MECH ART

My first model was the creative assault Atlas. Work lasted for a year. original model was developed Parman01. Unfortunately detailing the work did not suit me, so I had to seriously modify the model in terms of detail. The results of long work you can see in the photos below. By the way, it has been specially made from the tree stand, and the most interesting,
at the moment I continue to work on another machine. ;)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thanks for your submissions! Just so you know this ^^ is going to be entered as a Best Model submission rather than a Mech Art submission. I posted in the Rules thread about how a model can be used for entry into the Mech Art thread. So your entries are still valid, they will just be considered inside the same category. Thank you!

#10 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:36 PM

View PostBill Bullet, on 17 August 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

Thanks for your submissions! Just so you know this ^^ is going to be entered as a Best Model submission rather than a Mech Art submission. I posted in the Rules thread about how a model can be used for entry into the Mech Art thread. So your entries are still valid, they will just be considered inside the same category. Thank you!

Wait, isn't the stuff need to be made specifically for the contest and not just old stuff reposted?
Because i remember that Atlas being posted here on the forums a year ago.

Edit: found a link:
http://mwomercs.com/...ft-as7-d-atlas/

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 17 August 2015 - 08:36 PM.

#11 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:14 PM

Nice idea for a contest! Good luck everyone!

#12 Bill Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:47 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 17 August 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

Wait, isn't the stuff need to be made specifically for the contest and not just old stuff reposted?

Yes that is true. I was planning on going through and double-checking each submission at the end of the contest, so don't worry.

#13 Hitman85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:23 PM

Hi, one question. How can we, paper modelers, make new model for the contest, if we need 2-3 months to finish new model?

#14 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:27 PM

View PostHitman85, on 17 August 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

Hi, one question. How can we, paper modelers, make new model for the contest, if we need 2-3 months to finish new model?

I don't know man,
I don't make the rules. (Which in my opinion, should allow paper models from at least a certain period of time, maybe the last 6 months?)

#15 Hitman85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:33 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 17 August 2015 - 10:27 PM, said:

I don't know man,
I don't make the rules. (Which in my opinion, should allow paper models from at least a certain period of time, maybe the last 6 months?)

Well, it will be fair I suppose..

#16 Bill Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:56 PM

That is a tough one =/ I don't wanna exclude a whole group of artists, but at the same time the "No Reposts" rule exists to 1) Inspire folks to create new stuff 2) I didn't want this contest to just be a complete copy/paste of the Player Creation of the Week thread 3) I wanted to make sure (as best I can) that everything posted in the contest belongs to the person who created it.

The time limit on the contest (20 days) is to make sure that this thread stays relevant. In 2-3 months, I'm worried people will have forgotten about it.

IMPORTANT RULE CHANGE INCOMING

So I'm gonna make the call and enforce the no repost rule at this time BUT: I will allow submissions of art/models/etc. that have NOT been posted to the MWO forums. So if you have a piece featured on another site but NOT on the MWO forums, I will allow it to be considered for submission. HOWEVER, posts like this MUST contain a link to the original site it was posted from so ownership can be verified.

#17 Todo Sandybanks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 269 posts
  • Location....

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Made by Todo Ringman, Help from my late dog: Baxter, RIP.
Name: Baxter the superhero! Entered for Mech Art Category. FYI this is a comic. :3

Edited by Todo Ringman, 19 August 2015 - 07:35 PM.

#18 Todo Sandybanks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 269 posts
  • Location....

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:06 PM

Give the fellas a break if they created it who cares if they use it! They should be able to use ANY art as long as it is theirs.
In my opinion but if you want it a certain way that is your prerogative.

#19 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:26 PM

Recently built myself a miniature based on the old MW4 Fafnir, may need to paint him up for the Sept. 5th deadline...

#20 Solid Alexei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:38 PM

Best Screenshot submission

Really love how this screen came out. Added a few post effects here and there but mostly it's all MWO in all it's chaotic beauty

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users