Update Community Warfare Connection Issues

31 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:09 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

Since the release of August 18th patch, the Community Warfare game mode has been experiencing match creation and connection stability issues. The engineers are currently working on resolving these problems, but at the moment Community Warfare matches are prone to disconnections and match failures.

We don't have a solid ETA right now as to when stability will be restored to Community Warfare, but we will keep this post updated as information becomes available.

This is currently a server-side issue, so when the fix is finalized it is unlikely that a patch will be required.

Apologies for any frustration or inconvenience these issues may be causing. Please be assured that we are working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

UPDATE (08/19)
We are currently planning to roll out a potential fix for the CW issues tomorrow. Contrary to the original text of this post, this fix will require a brief period of downtime.
We are tentatively scheduling to release this fix between 11AM PDT (6:00 PM UTC) and 1PM PDT (8:00 PM UTC) tomorrow.
The downtime required for this fix will be approximately 15-30 minutes.
We will update this post tomorrow when we have more accurate details.

#2 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:21 AM

Thanks for the update. Other companies might just fix it quietly because it affects so few of their customers that most wouldn't even notice, but you guys are being upfront with it so this is a positive development. :)

Edited by Triordinant, 19 August 2015 - 10:41 AM.

#3 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:36 AM

I´d rather have pug-queue crippled than CW ...

Keep digging, PGI .
And please be quick about it .

#4 Artanizzz

• PipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:47 AM

As one of our unit member said - it's all because all the shuttles got stuck on the new Forest Colony map and there is no way to catch other ride to CW...

Edited by Artanizzz, 19 August 2015 - 07:13 PM.

#5 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:56 AM

This is currently a server-side issue..

Thank god I did not break CW. :P

#6 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:22 AM

No need to rush, only a few bored people are playing cw until you give us a reason to own planets.

#7 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:33 AM

Thanks for keeping open lines of communication with us!

#8 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:50 AM

meh..

at least for davion it won't change a thing. zero attacks with or without connection issues.

#9 Dorado

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern U.S.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 19 August 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

I´d rather have pug-queue crippled than CW ...

Keep digging, PGI .
And please be quick about it .

This.

Can we get more timely updates on this situation please? Three attack phases already gone and the contract timer is ticking. It took almost a day before any high profile acknowledgement of the issue and very little updates on the situation.

How the heck did QA miss this snafu before patch was deployed? Between this, the map going all fubar last patch, and the public queue event killing CW for a week awhile back, this is not cool.

#10 Darkblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 370 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 19 August 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

Since the release of August 18th patch, the Community Warfare game mode has been experiencing match creation and connection stability issues. The engineers are currently working on resolving these problems, but at the moment Community Warfare matches are prone to disconnections and match failures.

We don't have a solid ETA right now as to when stability will be restored to Community Warfare, but we will keep this post updated as information becomes available.

This is currently a server-side issue, so when the fix is finalized it is unlikely that a patch will be required.

Apologies for any frustration or inconvenience these issues may be causing. Please be assured that we are working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Not saying PGI is intentionally trying to kill CW, but they are doing a good job of killing it.

With its intrinsic problems PLUS the takeover event pulling people from it (for almost a month) PLUS this kind of blundering, the game mode is basically dead now. For a long while I hold firm to the decision of only playing CW (it felt like what this game should be about, FOR ME*), now I can´t anymore, there´s simply too few players to play with.

CW could really get some love from PGI right now.

Edited by Darkblood, 19 August 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#11 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:44 PM

Maybe it could be a ploy to force all player's into the new matchmaking system to keep it stable?

#12 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostLOADED, on 19 August 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

meh..

at least for davion it won't change a thing. zero attacks with or without connection issues.

endemic of a bigger problem.. ..we lost half the div to our clan unit because of this.. ..so now clans even more loaded because IS CW is so barren...

#13 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

R.I.P CW. You served us well and this is your final nail in the coffee kinda situation.

#14 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for the update but your QA has really to step up.
Its kinda nice that we get fast Hotfixes after every patch but maybe try to avoid bugs in the beginning?

#15 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostReitmeier, on 19 August 2015 - 03:28 PM, said:

Thanks for the update but your QA has really to step up.
Its kinda nice that we get fast Hotfixes after every patch but maybe try to avoid bugs in the beginning?

If I'd hazard a guess... remember that the MM is working on multiple things.. CW and non-CW matches.

It is possible that the MM code to deal with CW got messed up (if not properly copied and pasted for the CW-only stuff) when the new MM went live.

That would be the obvious thing. (I mean, don't check if it broke something else? Of course not!)

#16 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

No updates to provide on the situation just yet. Team is still working on the fix.

#17 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:15 PM

Engineers are telling me that we have a potential fix for this, currently scheduled to go out tomorrow between 11AM PDT (6:00 PM UTC) and 1PM PDT (8:00 PM UTC) tomorrow. I've updated the original post with all available information, and I will update tomorrow morning when the period of downtime is more solid.

#18 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, Alex, very appreciated !

Tell the lads ´n lasses engineers to keep hammering that problem until it gives up, we CW-junkies go and do public derpage in the meanwhile ^^

#19 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:25 PM

Wait, so when I looked at the CW map yesterday at about 21:00 GMT+2, and there were only 2 players in the whole game mode, that was a BUG?

I thought that was just the state of CW now... :huh:

Edited by Vellron2005, 19 August 2015 - 11:27 PM.

#20 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:34 AM

MWO still has CW, wow who knew?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users