31 replies to this topic

#21 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:57 AM

But still, pro team players dont want solo PUGs in CW, right? They want to play CW as private matches. Alone.

#22 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:08 AM

Who knew CW still being played.

#23 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:25 AM

I enjoy playing CW as a PUG. 12 man teams composed of pros Clan or IS are formidable but not invincible. I would rather get rolled than play every game against becons. This is just my $.02.
Hope CW is back up soon I need to elite an Adder and three Timberwolves plus a Warhawk B would be great to buy with C-Bills not MC.

#24 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:06 AM

You should totally launch a CW event to let people know it works again. :ph34r:

#25 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:05 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 20 August 2015 - 04:06 AM, said:

For real. CW needs events. There have been so many events that take people out of CW. The latest one was actually very fun, and served a good purpose, but to me regular drops are just practice for the actual game, which is CW. An event will help stress test the servers and all as well as give more people a reason to pour into CW. Plus maybe you could give IS a chance to earn back their tonnage?

#26 Khan KarC

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:20 AM

Yes, please. CW event that last at least 2 weeks becourse this take over has been running too long.

What for IS needs more tonnage, isn't 3x TDR-5SS and BJ-1X deck enough over quirked?

Do you need to get STK-4N, 2x TDR-5SS and RVN / FS9 on your deck?

#27 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:02 AM

View PostSoulstrom, on 19 August 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

R.I.P CW.

Posted Image

Edited by Triordinant, 20 August 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#28 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:18 AM

View PostExoForce, on 20 August 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

But still, pro team players dont want solo PUGs in CW, right? They want to play CW as private matches. Alone.

*s i g h* It amazes me players are still spouting this rubbish as though EVERYONE that is part of a Unit or actually enjoys CW (even though it is pretty shallow at the moment) are big evil baddies and don't want Lone Wolves (to give them the appropriate title) in "their" gamemode. I think you'll find the vast majority of "tagged" players actually just want to encourage teamwork and a little cooperation. Unfortunately people like yourself see the same half dozen or so megaposters and then perpetuate the same guff they have spouted.

As a member of a Unit and a ranking officer there, I wholehearted welcome anyone who is willing to play as part of a team into a drop with me. This does not require them to be part of the Unit I am in or any other, just to have the appropriate mindset and openness to work with the larger group.

View PostGattsus, on 20 August 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

Who knew CW still being played.

Up until this is issue I was playing every chance I got, using Faction chat to encourage players to drop on active planets and corralling my Unit mates into CW groups when possible.

^^^^^ THIS PLEASE :D

Tukkayid was a real marathon but I absolutely loved it. Since the Clans have actually encompassed Terra and won the Battle of Tuk, how about an Inner Sphere invasion to reclaim the homeworld of the human race? This way it is the Clans on the defensive and the numbers game may see the balance swing.

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 20 August 2015 - 09:44 AM.

#29 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

I think until they make some major changes and make CW worth playing there should be a permanent CW event to make up for the lack of decent rewards.

#30 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 20 August 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

I think you'll find the vast majority of "tagged" players actually just want to encourage teamwork and a little cooperation.

True. I really enjoy playing when I see even a small organised group in our team.

Unfortunately people like yourself see the same half dozen or so megaposters and then perpetuate the same guff they have spouted.

Actually, I have a weird sense of humour (sarcastic old cynic).

As a member of a Unit and a ranking officer there, I wholehearted welcome anyone who is willing to play as part of a team into a drop with me. This does not require them to be part of the Unit I am in or any other, just to have the appropriate mindset and openness to work with the larger group.

Hope more people like You will bring CW back to life.

#31 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:09 AM

@ ExoForce

lol, I have a weird sense of humour myself. My wife will back me up there ;)

As for CW, I have and always will support the gamemode that I have been waiting for since Close Beta. Regardless of the baby steps, I still see it as the ultimate point of my MWO experience. This may be tainted by almost 3 years of mostly pointless assault/skirmish/conquest rinse-repeat drops and I realise at the moment CW is an extension of this but it has so much potential to be H U G E.

and... my attitude towards other players is as open as I can make it without being open to getting trolled. I try to be a nice, fun guy to be around; this is a game and should be fun, at the minute we get out of it what we put into it.

@ our engineering friends, hope you get this sorted soon and Russ gives us a quick Armchair Update to keep us going ;)

#32 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostKhan KarC, on 20 August 2015 - 06:20 AM, said:

Yes, please. CW event that last at least 2 weeks becourse this take over has been running too long.

What for IS needs more tonnage, isn't 3x TDR-5SS and BJ-1X deck enough over quirked?

Do you need to get STK-4N, 2x TDR-5SS and RVN / FS9 on your deck?

We were penalized in tonnage because of the apparent loss at Tukayyid. That makes me hope there is a chance to win something and get it back, but I have heard otherwise. I just think having the same tonnage between IS and Clan is fair, is all. Let's not turn this into something about QQing over whose mechs are OP - this is not the place for it. I was only suggesting an event.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users