#21 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:15 PM

View PostMainhunter, on 19 August 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Young padavan, I started gaming with pong! Destructable terrain is fun for the first 10-20 games, but when you play 20 of those games a day, then it starts to annoy, at least, me. I want to fight other mechs, not the environment.

I might not have started THAT far back, but I had a Sears home pong machine, an Atari VCS (2600), and this little obscure home computer called Aquarius made by Mattel Electronics (had Night Stalker and Tron: Deadly Discs). Screw those 5-1/4" floppy discs, we saved and loaded on audio cassette tapes lol.

Look, it part of the experience. Maybe it could use a LITTLE less trees, but I am stomping through the wilderness, I expect to knock trees down all the time if I'm going off the beaten paths. Overall, all this stuff just enriches the experience.

But hey, everyone has their own opinions *shrug*.

#22 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:15 PM

FTL is amazing.

#23 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 19 August 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

"I want to fight other armies, not the environment."

- Napoleon

..and he was great to "exploit" the environment itself!

#24 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostMainhunter, on 19 August 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

adds nothing to the immersion of the game, same goes to the annoying sound every few meters, IMHO. Same like the fast day cycle on river city and all other visual limitations PGI adds to the game, like there is someone diabolic in her office love to badger us.

Is see MWO as a FPS game with mechs, not a simulation with role play character. It's actual common to aim and shoot at red triangles in that darkness/Forrest/smog you cant barely see through. I now start to cheer when Alpine pops up.

Posted Image

Yeah I think you're kinda on your own with that opinion...

The rest of us want--

Posted Image

MOAR DESTRUCTIBLE!

Edited by RoboPatton, 19 August 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#25 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 19 August 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

I might not have started THAT far back, but I had a Sears home pong machine, an Atari VCS (2600), and this little obscure home computer called Aquarius made by Mattel Electronics (had Night Stalker and Tron: Deadly Discs). Screw those 5-1/4" floppy discs, we saved and loaded on audio cassette tapes lol.

Look, it part of the experience. Maybe it could use a LITTLE less trees, but I am stomping through the wilderness, I expect to knock trees down all the time if I'm going off the beaten paths. Overall, all this stuff just enriches the experience.

But hey, everyone has their own opinions *shrug*.

Yea, I owned a Atari too.

The main fun of the game is shooting other mechs. The optimum is when you can targeting specific body parts. PGI starts since Virdian Bog to put so many obstructions into any new map that denies us clean targeting.

In a single player campaign I wouldn have any issues, but we get dropped onto one map, run 1 minute to our opponents and slug it out. No need to have to kick trees around till then.

#26 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 19 August 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

Archon is really good, too. I used to play it way back in high school accounting class.

I _loved_ Archon! Used to play it on my Commodore 64!

#27 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostMainhunter, on 19 August 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

Yea, I owned a Atari too.

The main fun of the game is shooting other mechs. The optimum is when you can targeting specific body parts. PGI starts since Virdian Bog to put so many obstructions into any new map that denies us clean targeting.

In a single player campaign I wouldn have any issues, but we get dropped onto one map, run 1 minute to our opponents and slug it out. No need to have to kick trees around till then.

Youre just like everything thats terrible arent you.

Hitting specific body parts is a friggin problem.

Thats why we've been screaming about convergence for 3 years. Finally theres something to break up los. If we could just get these trees to absorb some damage too....maybe give us something else to do besides just shooting mechs...some objectives and such.

Forest Colony just screams for randomized objective locations, king of the hill too, where the 'hill' moves about the map.

So much potential.

Of course since its PGI...

Edited by KraftySOT, 19 August 2015 - 12:42 PM.

#28 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:08 AM

I rather like the destructible terrain...

#29 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:20 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 19 August 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

I _loved_ Archon! Used to play it on my Commodore 64!

We too, was amazing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users