131 replies to this topic

#41 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:25 AM

Current MM+New steam players=WINNING! i think i see what PGI's plans are for the steam release, keep it up PGI, things are definately headed in the direction of a much much better game.
Hopefully the rebalance will tackle the TTK problems.

Please don't ever go back to the old MM, if you do i will leave as will others.

#42 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:25 AM

Sorry 2 YEARS of **** Elo balanced MM has been far more then enough for me.

Praise the sun... I've now regained my humanity, Elo hell has been defeated! :ph34r:

Posted Image

#43 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:33 AM

View Postcrashlogic, on 20 August 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:

Look, the games might be more challenging, and who knows maybe better balanced. But right now the game just doesn't feel fun. The number of stomps is disheartening, and I went from being a pretty skilled casual pilot to playing in games that are way above my competitiveness level. The hew system just leaves me feeling like a newb with no possibility for improvement. Sure is Mechwarrior Online was my whole life I might enjoy adapting to playing with more competitive players, but right now, at 1-2 games per day, I'd rather play with my own skill level.

Ultimately this new ranking system is going to make tier 1 players feel elite and accomplished, and everyone else feeling stupid. Legs go back to wins and losses. I still got stomped because the team did poorly, but at least i had fun playing, and sometimes the matches lasted 10 minutes. now I just load and die. I spend more time waiting than playing.

Damed poor show PGI, Dammed poor show,

Just keep playing your couple games a day and you'll be back in your proper elo bracket thinking your are an average skill pilot again before you know it.

#44 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:43 AM

I for one have the time of my life in mwo, to be true. Close matches all the time, intense and exciting. And if I die early I know exactly what I did wrong - mostly because I rush in with my new hellbringers, mechs that aren't made for this.

However, even if the round ends 12-0 it is far from a one-sided stomp and I get GG from both teams. So whats my magic tier? no idea, to be true. I don't trust the new matchmaker yet, in the end you still have the same limited playerbase as before.
And I see all kind of players, high comp teams, forum warriors, lurmies and joystick pilots and people I always saw in my matches from time to time.

So I guess I'm in the middle and at least for me it looks spot on.

#45 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:48 AM

For some reason my poor Atlas is hurled against Oh so l33t Meta laser vomit and gauss builds where its 8 clan mechs and 4 is mechs. Some times I wonder how the hell I got here.

#46 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:53 AM

View Postcrashlogic, on 20 August 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:

Look, the games might be more challenging, and who knows maybe better balanced. But right now the game just doesn't feel fun. The number of stomps is disheartening, and I went from being a pretty skilled casual pilot to playing in games that are way above my competitiveness level. The hew system just leaves me feeling like a newb with no possibility for improvement. Sure is Mechwarrior Online was my whole life I might enjoy adapting to playing with more competitive players, but right now, at 1-2 games per day, I'd rather play with my own skill level.

Ultimately this new ranking system is going to make tier 1 players feel elite and accomplished, and everyone else feeling stupid. Legs go back to wins and losses. I still got stomped because the team did poorly, but at least i had fun playing, and sometimes the matches lasted 10 minutes. now I just load and die. I spend more time waiting than playing.

Damed poor show PGI, Dammed poor show,

If you feel your PSR is too high, why not take a dive while doing it in style?

:D

#47 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:00 AM

Well Nova approves of the new system.
I don't to feel like I have to herd kittens every match.

#48 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:04 AM

View PostLugh, on 20 August 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

Yes indeed, Cookie for you. No one outside a few Erudite scholars knows who he is, however, Twain is recognizable to even High school dropouts.

'Murican high school dropouts? I'd be surprised if even many high school graduates know the name.

#49 Odium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:13 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 20 August 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

The game isnt "fun" IMO because TTK is super low.

Strange because that is the main reason I am playing this game. I am sick of high TTK games.

#50 Horusv2

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:19 AM

Praise the PSR.

Gone are the Days where I am matched with trial Spiders and Victors.

#51 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:18 AM

Its already working better than the old Elo rankings. I have no wish to go back.

#52 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:23 AM

View Postcrashlogic, on 20 August 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

Look I am not trying to be elite status, and I mostly got stomped before. I just notice a big difference from doing 3-400 damage a match to 58-60. I know I am outclassed, I get it. But Kyocera is right as probably a tier 3 player, I don't really want matches with tier 1s. As it is its more fun getting pug stomped in CW
It will take a bit to adjust but after that you will not be getting top players in your games.

#53 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

View PostPORONOPAPOS, on 20 August 2015 - 08:15 AM, said:

After 2 days playing with the new "Tier" system I have to agree with the OP. This game is a terrible and not fun at all experience anymore. I'm relative new player (started last December) and until now lot of the matches I played were fun no matter if won or lost. By fun I mean when you get in a team that acts as a team, talks, coordinates, etc. so you get the experience of a team based game. And my stats were going better over time, I even got quite few games with high kills/damage scores.
But after the new patch and tier system I have over and over again drops with teams that lose 0-12 or 3-12 at best and my stats are now dropping fast. And OK someone can says that if I die that means I'm not good enough for the new rating system.
But then why do I almost get only defeats ? you can't say that team win/loss is depended on one player(me). If the tier system was fine and matches teams with equal skilled players then the win/losses should be around 50%, right ? So why do I get almost only defeats? and almost all the time with teams that noone act as team member? and in the same time enemy team looks like play as real team? this can't be random , for me means that new system brings in a match teams each one with different skill. I hope this system changes over the next weeks.

ps. soory for my bad english, it is not my native.
I would suggest you find a unit to join. It will make the game a lot more funfor you.

Also you rankings are going down so it will get better.

#54 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:31 AM

Why is there ALWAYS someone who prefers to go against positive change to go with something both outdated and completely stupid?

#55 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:34 AM

I dont want to see the Elo system come back, because basing it on match score makes a lot more sense, but i would like to see a PSR per weight class rather than per account. I am a MUCH better Wubshee driver than i am an Arctic Cheetah driver.

#56 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:43 AM

View PostTheSilken, on 20 August 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

Why is there ALWAYS someone who prefers to go against positive change to go with something both outdated and completely stupid?

Whether or not replacing Elo with PSR is positive change is quite debatable at this point in time.

#57 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:47 AM

No Way .....Leave it ,..sure sometimes matches take longer to get into but better fights less ROTL stompings.

#58 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:01 AM

View PostOdium, on 20 August 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

Strange because that is the main reason I am playing this game. I am sick of high TTK games.

which games?

#59 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

i kinda think everyone should have been started at teir 4 (or better yet, 5) as a new player and have to earn their way up. now you have stats generated under the old system contaminating any results the new system could produce. so when they go back to analyze the data they are gonna get anomalies left over from the old stats and they wont know what to tweak to fix it.

#60 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:06 AM

View PostLugh, on 20 August 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

Suffer. And be glad you are sinking to your proper level. Where the only one to blame for your team's failures is YOU.

No. A team wins or loses together. Each of us does our part to win or lose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users