36 replies to this topic

#21 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:27 PM

****. I finally broke down and got the Masakari Package yesterday... now this?

Essentially 12 bucks worth of premium time with each bundle isn't the best deal but its not a bad one either. I've got a **** ton active and another ton banked, so I'm not sure how tempting this one is.

That being said, I'm curious to which bundles out of the following are actually worth getting?

- Black Jack
- Cataphracht
- Dragon
- Spider
- Stalker
- Trebuchet

I've already got my Atlai, Catapults, Centurions, Cicada's, Firestarters,Griffin's, Jagers, Jenners, Shadowhawks either via bundles, founders package or c-bills. I think Black Jack and Spider probably intrigue me most but I have so many new mechs to master after finally biting the Clan invasion $$$ bullet.

Edit: Looks like they broke the site again lol.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 20 August 2015 - 12:45 PM.

#22 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:33 PM

No Clan Mastery Bundles.

I think I will let this sale pass me by.

#23 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

If only they had a hero mech for the king crab, I would throw money at PGI so fast. I NEEEEEEEEED a KGC hero mech in my life so badly.

#24 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:15 PM

From another thread. Went off the idea of buying the bundles for premium time and mech bays and then selling the mechs for C-bills.

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 20 August 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

Actually, using this thread http://mwomercs.com/...chasable-items/ to look at the Bundles by real dollars (assuming you buy the $100 MC pack) assuming 2 months of premium time is $24 and the 3 mechbays are another $3.60 the following bundles you practically get the mechs free right now:

Blackjack
Catapult (close enough)
Centurion
Cicada
Dragon
Firestarter
Griffin
Hunchback
Jagermech
Jenner
Kintaro
Quickdraw
Raven
Shadowhawk
Spider

Damn. Might have to spend money again.

#25 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:18 PM

Sweet. I'll be buying a Griffin Mastery Pack. Maybe Catapults, too.

#26 Kshat

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:00 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 20 August 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

****. I finally broke down and got the Masakari Package yesterday... now this?

Essentially 12 bucks worth of premium time with each bundle isn't the best deal but its not a bad one either. I've got a **** ton active and another ton banked, so I'm not sure how tempting this one is.

That being said, I'm curious to which bundles out of the following are actually worth getting?

- Black Jack
- Cataphracht
- Dragon
- Spider
- Stalker
- Trebuchet

I've already got my Atlai, Catapults, Centurions, Cicada's, Firestarters,Griffin's, Jagers, Jenners, Shadowhawks either via bundles, founders package or c-bills. I think Black Jack and Spider probably intrigue me most but I have so many new mechs to master after finally biting the Clan invasion $$$ bullet.

Edit: Looks like they broke the site again lol.

To me, I enjoy my blackjacks a lot. Maybe they're not the hot meta stuff (except the 1X-troll) but there are several interesting builds out there.
Otherwise, Stalkers are a good choice. If you can live with the single ballistic slot in your misery and the slow speed of the Stalker, they're a good choice, might you prefer laserboats, brawlers or rocketboats.
The spider is kind of special and I don't like the Anansi. On top, with such light mechs, you lack variation in terms of loadouts.
Phracts are always solid and fun, but I fear the Ilya is at the moment only this: solid. The "best competitive" builds revolve around the 3D and 0X. But each Phract got it's own specialty. I've even seen a Phract with Lurms...
Trebuchets and Dragons are kind of one trick ponies, but I know people which have fun with all of them.
Regarding the mechs you own, in my opinion Stalker and Blackjack fill an empty spot. Trebuchets can be somewhat similar to Shadowhawks, Dragons are mostly about Dakka like Jagermechs and the Firestarter is way more fun than a spider, which got only a very small hitbox and one ECM-variant for it going.

P.S.: Is it me or have all the past camosales been revolving around Clan/Housepatterns? I would be interested in a "traditional" pattern sale, especially since the number of IS-mechs which are viable for faction patterns is rather limited...

Edited by Kshat, 20 August 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#27 Kaptayn Ameryka

• PipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:16 PM

Is this not showing in the in-game store anymore? I wanted to pick up a Battlemaster pack if it's available.. .but I can't see it in-game?

Edit: Battlemaster doesn't have a champion. :( Still, why can't I see this sale in the in-game store?

Edited by Dienz Demos, 20 August 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#28 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

This sounds dumb and I'm surprised it hasn't come up before...

Why would I be able to buy camos for mechs that I already own?

Having bought the Resistance Pack, I shouldn't even be offered the option to rebuy ANY of the camos (outside of the King Crab and Urbie) when I've selected all six camos (bought the full pack)?

#29 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:24 AM

So I just picked up the Firestarter bundle a few days ago... Any chance I can get that extra 30 days of premium time?

#30 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:57 PM

You know an MC Sale or percentage increase to MC would have been a great add on for this. Gonna buy some anyway though.

#31 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

No Battlemaster Mastery pack yet. Sadface. Oh well.

#32 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:25 AM

Hello!

I am "new" to this game and have elited C-Bill Kintaro and Thunderbolt variants. I enjoy the game and would like to contribute with real money to PGI.

Should I wait for a real sale (Stalker Bundle or MC) or just go with this Bundle + 2 months of Premium Time?

Also, the both months of Premium Time are active, not banked right?

Thanks all!

EDIT:

Man!! Lots of FUN! This Grid Iron monster breaks faces. Pilot it like a ninja!

Edited by anhell86, 24 August 2015 - 09:41 PM.

#33 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 August 2015 - 06:07 AM

Yes all the premium time is immediately active.

If you have no premium time or very little, and plan to play a lot in the next 2 months, it's not a bad deal since premium time speeds up leveling and cbills production.

#34 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:56 AM

Also, since most of the items bundled are NOT for sale with cbills, even if you can't take advantage of the bonus 30 days, it is a much better deal than buying all/most of the bundle components piecemeal... usually the only things you can get for cbills are one variant and the non-champion version of the other variant... so if you want to level up a chassis save up for one of these bundles if you need the MC stuff (ie, hero, mechbays, premium time).

If you are patient and have lots of premium time, wait for an MC sale to make the base bundle an even better value!

#35 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:07 AM

Just to add...the Bundles themselves will never be on sale since their MC price is already 50% off what the total CB
MC price would be. Personally I got the Cataphract bundle and love it. Recommend the Stalker one also.

#36 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:47 AM

Yup the bundles will probably never be further discounted which is why if you can be patient, the MC sales, either giving you more MC for the same price or discounting the price of MC packages are good in conjunction with the bundles. Not sure you can beat that bang for your buck without getting really complicated...

#37 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:27 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 20 August 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Why would I be able to buy camos for mechs that I already own?

Having bought the Resistance Pack, I shouldn't even be offered the option to rebuy ANY of the camos (outside of the King Crab and Urbie) when I've selected all six camos (bought the full pack)?

You permanently unlocked the camo for the variants (or even just mechs?) you got in the resistance pack, but you can still buy the permanent unlock for future variants (or maybe additional mechs of the existing variants?) that might be released at some point (or not).

But yes, even then it would probably not very MC-efficient, unless you switch between your camos regularly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users