Lefthand Joystick Setup, Logitek Attack 3, And User.cfg Troubleshooting

10 replies to this topic

#1 Destin Foroda

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHudson Valley, NY

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:24 AM

Hey there folks. I'm pretty new to the game and have been hoping to create a joystick setup for myself. I've seen a lot of the pros and cons of different setups, and have opted to try out a left handed setup. Y axis to move forward and back, x axis to control the legs, mouse to aim and control torso, etc. However, I've run across a couple different issues and haven't found exactly the sort of help I'm looking for. Hopefully you guys can help.

First off, I am using a Logitek Attack 3 joystick. I have been unable to reconfigure the axis to control my throttle in the game's controller settings. It seems unwilling to recognise the input of motion when I attempt to configure the throttle to my Y axis, or my turning to my X axis.

In a separate thread.. namely this one.. http://mwomercs.com/...ystick-users/.. it was pointed out that I could change my user.cfg to alter the joystick command variables. The only problem is I have no user.cfg file in my main MW:O installation. Even changing my folder view options to unhide extensions of known file types did not reveal the user.cfg file. I have gone ahead and made my own user.cfg file containing thoe script from the aforementioned link, but as the servers are currently down for maintainance, I have no way to determine if the script is functional, at least for now.

Any and all advice for getting this setup functional would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time and assistance.

#2 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:20 PM

I use the Logitech Attack 3 and it works for me well either in Win7 and Win10 also.
I used the ingame Settings to configure it and in a first step deleted all Controller Settings.
After that i configured it at my will.

You need to save your settings every time b4 you scroll bcs scrolling will delete/reset unsaved settings!

And you probably will need to invert thrust.

It may make trouble if you have other USB Controllers or Equipment attached to your PC.
Also look into the Windows Controller Setup if Windows does recognize your Logitech and if it works right - you can test Buttons and Movement of the Joystick, somewhere there.is a Menu for it.

Edited by Thorqemada, 20 August 2015 - 12:26 PM.

#3 Destin Foroda

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

I just checked my devices and calibrated the joystick for good measure. I have a USB mouse and keyboard plugged into my machine, so hopefully there aren't any conflicts being caused by that. Main operating system is Windows 7 64x, so I don't think my OS is the issue. I will try inverting throttle and deleting all of my controller settings and see where that takes me.

*Edit*

Still no response on the axis. It simply will not recognize that I'm moving the joystick when trying to input a new key for throttle.

Edited by Destin Foroda, 20 August 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:54 PM

The Logitech has 3 Axes...i never use the third...is there a Problem with it on your PC?

#5 Destin Foroda

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:58 PM

I'm not sure. I just did the calibration and everything looked fine. How would I be able to tell if there was some sort of issue?

#6 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:09 PM

That you have trouble indicates that it does not work but i have no idea yet why.

Could have much reasons like a 3rd Party Controller Software for another Device like a Mouse or Jystick or Gamapad to a missaved calibration to a defective Joystick to a defective MWO Installation or a Windows Bug, an USB Bug, a bad Driver, some weird Hardware conflict.

Its pretty hard to say from the far...i am sorry. :(

Edited by Thorqemada, 20 August 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#7 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:19 PM

It is not a MWO bug - i checked it and it can set Analog Throttle and Analog Turn to the Axes i want.

Edited by Thorqemada, 20 August 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#8 Destin Foroda

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

Well the software for the mouse, keyboard, and joystick are all plug and play, so I can't imagine third party issues occurring from those as I literally have no unique software to operate any of my interface devices. The joystick calibration went off without a hitch, and I previously used the joystick to control my torso/aiming (which was miserable, hence why I want the change). I've reinstalled MWO once already to see if the installation was the issue, but nothing changed. The only odd thing that I can find is that the joystick doesn't show up in my windows device manager.

If it matters aught, I am able to get the game to recognize the axes, but only when I go into the pitch/yaw and re-designate the axes. So clearly it's accepting input on some level. It just really doesn't want to let me to bind to throttle or movement.

#9 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:26 PM

Its older but maybe this can help as workaround:
http://mwomercs.com/...tual-joysticks/

#10 Destin Foroda

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

Aaaaaaaand I just now noticed the "analogue throttle" and "analogue turn" options.

I am such a ****ing dumb***. LMAO. Thanks for your help man. I'm going to go scalp myself over this massive I-D-10-T error.

#11 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:41 PM

The Neuro-Helmets work best without Hair anyway ;)

Edited by Thorqemada, 20 August 2015 - 01:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users